• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Confession of a member of CF *mod hat*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is true, I have been very bad and have mocked God because I was hurt by christians because of my sexuality. It made me a troll on CF which I never intended to become, it made me a bad person. And the only one I can blame is myself. I can blame others and not change my ways, but what would that solve? Ok, here is my story, I feel I need to come clean and hoping I can find forgiveness by mods and members. I join CF a year ago planning on just making friends and chating with other christians. But I was slowly mistaken, people didn't treat me with kindness, they threw the bible at me and condem me without giving me a chance. I was beyond hurt and fell far from GOD, I started hating everything God, I wouldn't even listen to my christian music and church just upset me. I felt unworthy because christians didn't accept me, they were rude and nasty all because I didn't know much of the bible! I was a baby christian and I'm still am one. Of course, I don't know much of the bible. But people on here called me dumb for it! I was also told I can't go to heaven because I wasn't baptize! I was also told animals don't go to heaven and I won't see my dog in heaven, that stuff really hurt me, I've just lost my dog and I wanted to see him in heaven. I love animals alot and wanted to play with all the animals in heaven! I know that is childish but I just love animals because they can't hurt you like people. ok, back to the story, so the more I stay on CF the more my faith was screwing up, I didn't understand why christians can say so mean things to gays and other people. I didn't understand and I was new to the christian world! Then came the day I lost my icon on my old name, I was beyond hurt, it was because I didn't go by the creed, but I didn't know what the creed meant, I never even heard of it, it was in none of my bibles I thought I could say I'm a christian because I love people and believe in GOD, I didn't know it took going by a creed to claim to be a christian on here. So, then after that I doubted myself a long time, I even gave up on GOD, and anything christian, I went back to the world believing there is no GOD. I even wanted to burn my bibles because I felt I wasn't a christian anymore, and they were taking up space anyways. I cried alot, then my faith slowly rebuilt when I went to church again, but then it was destory again when I found out I like girls too, I came on CF hoping for comfort but I was told that its a sin, but I felt it wasn't a sin, because I couldn't control liking girls! I even wanted a girl friend! but it seems the more I read, the more I felt like a bad person for wanting a girl! I wanted girls before but it didn't take effect til this year. I felt nasty for it not because it was a sin, but because of the cruel things people said. I was hurt and felt sooo bad, I sunk into a deep depression I couldn't even sleep! I even felt a person like me shouldn't listen to christian music because I'm bisexual and that is evil! ok, then I toughen up a little bit and started trying to believe in GOD again, then came the marriage icon stuff that truly upset me, because I felt it wasn't right, I don't not know really why, but I felt it just wasn't something to do, because CF is a forum and has no say so in what people do in real life, its really none of their business, I also seen some of the higher mods say very cruel things, maybe they didn't think they were cruel, but they are. Just because this is online world doesn't mean people don't have feelings. words hurt, they really do! There is more then text by the screen! taking away someone icon hurts, gossiping about people hurts even if its online it still hurts and causes pain! anyways, I got so upset I was mad at CF, so dumb me made sockpuppets mocking christians(my britneyspears sockpuppet) I felt so bad about it, but I felt asking god forgiveness was not Good enough I had to admit my mistake and tell everyone I am sorry, I feel bad and dumb for the way I acted on cf and other forums but it was because I was hurting really bad, i didn't know how else to end the hurt but do dumb things. I don't think everyone will forgive me, I even think I might be banned from CF, but I don't care anymore, CF has not done much for my faith but hurt it, I wanted fellowship and not to be condem for being bisexual, or other things! I didn't want to be called dumb by people. I am still hurting but I think coming clean will make me feel a tiny bit better even if I'm banned or gossip about. I have done my part by being truthful. I never wanted to be a troll on CF, I dislike trolls, I never wanted to make sockpuppets but I did, I never wanted to hurt anyone but I did, I'm truly sorry for everything. Not most people will know who I am, but that's ok. I don't care anymore, I just pray people will have it in their heart to forgive me.

I don't hate gays, pagan, or non-christians.
I am a christian but not by CF standards
I do feel bad for making sockpuppets
I feel bad for all the things I have done, but I didn't know how else to deal with the hurt this forum was giving me, I couldn't leave because there are some very kind people here worth staying. All I know is I will never let my kids (if I have them on this forum unless they are very tough) This forum has been christian highschool kinda of. And like highschool I could never fit in.

god bless you all
sorry for all the pain I caused people who have known me or liked me. I'm not really a troll or even a bad person, I'm just hurting really bad by some of the things people say on here and some of the rules.

I just pray people will understand instead of gossiping about me or calling me fake.

Alot of the things I did was because I was also very depressed, I'm bi-polar and lose alot of control over my emotions easy.

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You poor thing! :hug: You have done a very God-pleasing thing in confessing your sins publicly. I hope that everyone here will honor that decision on your part. It was a very mature thing to do for a baby Christian.

It is unfortunate that you ran into the wrong sorts of Christians when you first came onto this forum. We had some like that at my college and nicknamed them the "God Squad". They were well-intentioned, but they drove a lot of weak Christians and non-believers far away from God and Christianity.

Myt advice to you would be to not hang out in the debate forums, because it can be rough in there, especially for baby Christians.

I find the mental health and recovery forums to be very kind and inviting. You might even try posting in the Issues with Sexuality forum in the recovery section about your desire for other women. Some people are judgemental, but most are very kind. They won't support homosexuality, but they might have some advice that you could find helpful.

God made you the way you are for a reason. Finding that reason may give you a stronger purpose in life. Also, if you have issues with the Nicene Creed, perhaps we could discuss them. It could be a case of misunderstanding them that is keeping you from having a Christian icon.

I hope you decide to stay and fellowship with us. God Bless!:kiss:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sweetie! My heart cries for you. :cry:

Number #1 - We are ALL sinners here. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

I love you as you are, and I hope you love me as I am, and Jesus loves us just as we are.

Number #2 - Life is a journey. None of us have "arrived" yet. We are all on a road, a very personal road, which takes many turns during our lifetime. So don't ever think any of us are "better than" anyone else.

Number #3 - Regardless of what CF might lead you to believe, Christianity is NOT "for other people only". No, dear one, Christianity is for anyone who wants to try to follow Jesus. He accepts us, and loves us, and wants to give us peace.

Upvote 0

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, that was my mistake, I went to debate because I didn't know where else to discuss being bisexual or gay. I guess I should of look else where, dumb me! I want to like men by they kinda of scare me. I feel more safe with a girl or a guy who is girly. anyways, thank you for your understanding, this was hard to write but the guilt of what i have done was too much, I don't like to feel guilty :( I hate being bad, but I always mess up on trying to be good.

thank you auntie, I'm trying to tell myself that, but I can be stuborn and kinda of depressing instead of strong. I guess I'm guilty of seeking attention on here too, but sometimes I felt I needed some attention, all the problems I said were real, I just didn't listen when people wanted to help me.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is unfortunate that you ran into the wrong sorts of Christians when you first came onto this forum. We had some like that at my college and nicknamed them the "God Squad". They were well-intentioned, but they drove a lot of weak Christians and non-believers far away from God and Christianity.

Just another example of how CF has persecuted Christ's lambs! :cry: :cry:

Upvote 0

Taylor43

Jesus loves everyone!
Feb 26, 2006
Alberta
✟67,737.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sweetie i am praying for you and i am always avalible to listen. I hope you will find good frieships here on cf. I usally am in the recover section and womens. I am so sorry how you have been mis treated i do hope you know God loves you no matter what and we are all sinners but we are all forgiven. Lifting you up in prayer for you to feel the comfort from Jesus today.
Love
Taylor

Reactions: Auntie
Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you auntie, I'm trying to tell myself that, but I can be stuborn and kinda of depressing instead of strong. I guess I'm guilty of seeking attention on here too, but sometimes I felt I needed some attention, all the problems I said were real, I just didn't listen when people wanted to help me.

I get depressed all the time too. :) And we all love attention. All of us. :)

You are a good person, believe it! We are all human here, all of us. We are all sinners here, all of us.

Stand up straight, put your shoulders back, look yourself square in the mirror, and say:

"God created me in His Image. I am worthy of love. When God gave me life, He invited me to the party".

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
true, most of my attention seeking was caused I was really really lonely and I have a hard time making friends even online because of social axienty. I hardly ever had any real life friends because I just can't talk to people without being scared, I even seen a shrink it got better but I'm still scare to talk to people. I wanted to get people's attention I guess by crying more about my problems then I need to.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, sometimes it is good to get problems off your chest and I hope you are feeling better. :hug: For salvation, you are going to hear a lot of different opinions on how to be saved and everything. Christian means "Christ" though, and I personally believe that anyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal saviour, is free from sin and condemnation!

As for animals, I am not sure of that because it doesn't mention animals going to Heaven in the Bible, but I personally hope that I will be surrounded with warm fuzzy pets around me in Heaven. :blush:

Anyway, my heart goes out to you. As a baby Christian, please know that the devil seeks to destroy. Grow strong in the milk of the word, memorize verses... you will be able to fight off his attacks more and other people's opinions won't matter as much. God is the only one who counts!

:hug: Lily00:angel:

Reactions: Auntie
Upvote 0

Ruby Moon

Nov 9, 2006
✟8,342.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I totally get your point, but I don't think she knows you well enough to get that you are using sardonic humor.

BritneySpears, he really is being funny!^_^

oh, I do get it, but I guess I'm a very serious person and don't understand humor sometimes.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, sometimes it is good to get problems off your chest and I hope you are feeling better. :hug: For salvation, you are going to hear a lot of different opinions on how to be saved and everything. Christian means "Christ" though, and I personally believe that anyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal saviour, is free from sin and condemnation!

As for animals, I am not sure of that because it doesn't mention animals going to Heaven in the Bible, but I personally hope that I will be surrounded with warm fuzzy pets around me in Heaven. :blush:

Anyway, my heart goes out to you. As a baby Christian, please know that the devil seeks to destroy. Grow strong in the milk of the word, memorize verses... you will be able to fight off his attacks more and other people's opinions won't matter as much. God is the only one who counts!

:hug: Lily00:angel:

Good advice! :angel:

I also believe my pets will be with me in Heaven. God created all the animals, and God loves the animals. This is scriptural.

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't feel bad about it. He was being very subtle. I wouldn't have gotten it except I've seen his posts in some of the debates and also in the discussion of the marriage icon issue.

I would guess that he is one of the least-judgmental folks around here. If you ever need somebody to get your back in a debate, just PM him. I really enjoy reading his posts.

Reactions: Rochir
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.