Washington State
✟15,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I decided to come onto this forum, and solicit the prayers of all of you, as I figured a Christian forum was as good as any to do that on!

I can be somewhat verbose, so, I will try to get to the point and make it as succinct as possible (hopefully not leaving out important details in the process). I want to confess all of this to you online, as I know no one in person that I would feel comfortable sharing these things face - to -face with, and as you read them you'll be able to understand why.

So I'm a guy, 45 years old. I've been a Christian nearly 30 years. To put it quickly and sweetly, that entire almost 30 years, I have dealt with a sin pattern that more or less is an addiction. It has ruled thoughts almost entirely, every day for all these years. It crushes my spirit, and hurt me bad every day when I think about how much God could have used me by now, and how much I'm killing myself and hurting God (by him watching me go through this), day in and day out. This, needless to say, causes a mild depression that I deal with daily. Add to that the other issues I have (which are what I meant by emotional/mental issues):

• social anxiety disorder, which affects my life in many ways that would take to long to get into here
  • ADHD
  • Asperger's syndrome (self-diagnosed, but based on all I've read, I think im right on)
and emotional disturbances (if that's even the right word) of:
  • homosexuality
  • misogyny
  • racism
  • strong anger
  • and probably a couple others I haven't mentioned or don't know about.
Now, I don't want ANY of this stuff and hate being it! Most of it is things that is not becoming of anyone that calls themselves a believer. I am ashamed about the misogyny and racism part especially, as Scripture says if you have your brother (or sister) for anything yet say you love God, the love of God is not in you and you're a liar. i do NOT want to be a liar! I want to be a person who God uses constantly and mightily, to bring blessing to people and share the Gospel with them, and also my testimony. But I don't HAVE a testimony yet because He hasn't healed me of any of these things!

My prayer request is this: Please pray that God helps me to forgive myself for all of these sins and sin patterns, and that He would HEAL me of them! Whatever form that takes. So that I have a testimony to share with others and help them along in their healing journey, from the same things. I am so tired of living like this; those things affect my everyday life and are making me a depressed, bitter, and angry person. That should NOT be the "deal" with anyone who has the fruits of the Spirit....which obviously I don't have.

Thanks so much brothers and sisters! You have no idea how much your prayer support, and support overall, means to me!!! hugs

PS Please do not suggest I take any kind of medicine for these issues. I am not interested in meds, they often have side effects that are as bad or worse than the thing they're meant to treat.

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have repented then God has forgiven you. If you Heavenly Father can forgive you, then please forgive yourself. For me the only way I was able to forgive myself for years and years of much sin was really letting the Holy Spirit in and to move in me life. It was the only way to cast away much gross disgusting shame bringing sin. We are powerless with out God’s Spirit. We were designed to fight the flesh on our own. We weren’t designed to fight the enemy on our own. But with the Holy Spirit we can fight and we can win!!!!!

Do you have the Spirit? I was a “Christian “ for years and didn’t and was carnal and very sinful. Once I studied and saw who the Spirit is, it all changed. Once I saw the truth.

Please pray that the Spirit will dwell in you. Ask God for His Spirit. Start reading and study. If you really start paying attention to what scripture says about what the Spirit can do, it’s life changing!!!!

I’m praying.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I decided to come onto this forum, and solicit the prayers of all of you, as I figured a Christian forum was as good as any to do that on!

I can be somewhat verbose, so, I will try to get to the point and make it as succinct as possible (hopefully not leaving out important details in the process). I want to confess all of this to you online, as I know no one in person that I would feel comfortable sharing these things face - to -face with, and as you read them you'll be able to understand why.

So I'm a guy, 45 years old. I've been a Christian nearly 30 years. To put it quickly and sweetly, that entire almost 30 years, I have dealt with a sin pattern that more or less is an addiction. It has ruled thoughts almost entirely, every day for all these years. It crushes my spirit, and hurt me bad every day when I think about how much God could have used me by now, and how much I'm killing myself and hurting God (by him watching me go through this), day in and day out. This, needless to say, causes a mild depression that I deal with daily. Add to that the other issues I have (which are what I meant by emotional/mental issues):

• social anxiety disorder, which affects my life in many ways that would take to long to get into here
  • ADHD
  • Asperger's syndrome (self-diagnosed, but based on all I've read, I think im right on)
and emotional disturbances (if that's even the right word) of:
  • homosexuality
  • misogyny
  • racism
  • strong anger
  • and probably a couple others I haven't mentioned or don't know about.
Now, I don't want ANY of this stuff and hate being it! Most of it is things that is not becoming of anyone that calls themselves a believer. I am ashamed about the misogyny and racism part especially, as Scripture says if you have your brother (or sister) for anything yet say you love God, the love of God is not in you and you're a liar. i do NOT want to be a liar! I want to be a person who God uses constantly and mightily, to bring blessing to people and share the Gospel with them, and also my testimony. But I don't HAVE a testimony yet because He hasn't healed me of any of these things!

My prayer request is this: Please pray that God helps me to forgive myself for all of these sins and sin patterns, and that He would HEAL me of them! Whatever form that takes. So that I have a testimony to share with others and help them along in their healing journey, from the same things. I am so tired of living like this; those things affect my everyday life and are making me a depressed, bitter, and angry person. That should NOT be the "deal" with anyone who has the fruits of the Spirit....which obviously I don't have.

Thanks so much brothers and sisters! You have no idea how much your prayer support, and support overall, means to me!!! hugs

PS Please do not suggest I take any kind of medicine for these issues. I am not interested in meds, they often have side effects that are as bad or worse than the thing they're meant to treat.
I know that God desires that you experience His deliverance and freedom! I pray that you will know His mighty power in your life to overcome these challenges.

Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
alwaysgods,

The fact that you're convicted of your sin and have come here to confess and ask for help is a sign that God is working in your life. We're all sinners and without Christ we have nothing.

Many of us here have struggles and even sinful addictions we battle and feel consumed by. But you are not alone. And Christ is with you, rooting you on to live a life that you are MADE for.

If you have received Jesus in your life, you have been made new. You may not see this new you yet, but he's there, living in Christ. And it is through centering your life around Christ that you will experience this new life of peace.

I will pray for God to transform you into the man He's made you to be. We can't transform ourselves, but through God, everything is possible.

Perhaps pray for the Lord to give you a new Christian friend who is completely different from you.

God transformed my heart. I used to be much more political. I used to get poor impressions of people who were on the other side of the aisle. Once God introduced fellow Christians to me who differed from me politically, and I started spending time with them, I realized that they're my own brothers and sisters, and I fell in love with them. I stopped thinking of them as liberals, conservatives, etc; and I started seeing them as who they really were: my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Spending time reading the Gospel transforms my mind. It melts my anger, soothes my bitterness, and sets me back on course with God. Please read more, pray more, talk to God more. I strongly encourage you to find a church leader to speak to. Just tell them you need help. That's what they're there for.

Powerful healing comes from group prayer. God delivered a huge mircale to me once when a group of fellow believers laid their hands on me and prayed. I didn't tell them what it was that I specifically needed. God already knew. They prayed and He delivered.

Think of everything (every little thing) God has given to you and thank him for it throughout the day, everyday. It is healing and gives glory to God. (This is something I need reminders of too).

I hope this helped. God bless you. I'm sending my prayers now.

Upvote 0

alwaysgods

Nov 7, 2012
Washington State
✟15,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
If you have repented then God has forgiven you. If you Heavenly Father can forgive you, then please forgive yourself. For me the only way I was able to forgive myself for years and years of much sin was really letting the Holy Spirit in and to move in me life. It was the only way to cast away much gross disgusting shame bringing sin. We are powerless with out God’s Spirit. We were designed to fight the flesh on our own. We weren’t designed to fight the enemy on our own. But with the Holy Spirit we can fight and we can win!!!!!

Do you have the Spirit? I was a “Christian “ for years and didn’t and was carnal and very sinful. Once I studied and saw who the Spirit is, it all changed. Once I saw the truth.

Please pray that the Spirit will dwell in you. Ask God for His Spirit. Start reading and study. If you really start paying attention to what scripture says about what the Spirit can do, it’s life changing!!!!

I’m praying.

Thanks so much Lynn for praying! I had forgotten I'd even posted this, or that I was even signed up on this site! LOL I came here to post something else entirely, and then found that I had posted this! I regret to say, I still deal everyday with these issues and they are no better than the were in 2019. Most of that is likely my fault, as I haven't really made any attempt to change them. So... I still covet your prayers!!! Thank you so so much! Blessings!!! PS to answer your question, yes I believe I have the spirit. I had an experience about 25 years ago that I believe was me receiving the Holy Spirit, and I also speak in tongues. I don't know, maybe I didn't really receive the Spirit , but I sure feel like I did.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟266,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
alwaysgods, I pray that God would provide you with strong believers to encourage you in your walk with God. I pray that all of the issues you face would be surrounded by God's love and mercy.

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0