Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm baptized catholic but I don't attend church, almost never. Today I went and had confession which I don't like. Am I good eventhough I might not have told everything, maybe I missed something? The priest told me to pray, read scripture and attend the church, but I don't know if I can do that, the going to the church every weekend. I'm too much closed up in my mental illness fear routine cocoon. Am I forgiven even if I don't attend church? Ben Harper has a new song from his latest album which he told was very 'political' when asked about having songs that are political, or something. The song goes like this, kinda, God knows what's in your heart so you can stay home from church. But eventhough I blame me for not going.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God's conversation is with you via the Holy Spirit. He has underwritten your eternal security. "Am I good enough" is based upon His forgiveness, not your "goodness." Attending church services has nothing to do with your eternal security. If, however, you desire to be attending services, then neglect to do so, then doubt that decision, you are placing that burden on yourself; God is not placing it on you. You are forgiven. God expects you to reflect His Love so that others will notice that. That does not mean that you are in deep trouble if you don't reflect His Love. It does mean that you add quality to your life here and now, in anticipation of your perfect life in His Presence.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God says: "ye must be born again" (John 3), so religion and religious works is not the main thing, but having the Lord Jesus in your heart ---see John 14). That is salvation and brings the desire and blessing to want to worship God, giving thanks to Him for His wondrous gift. I always recommend one seek the clear Bible truth for God's mind and ways.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0