• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Confession and bad voices

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo there,

13 years ago I developed a shizophrenia. Bad voices did not stop in my head. A few years I went through the streets continously crossing and saying Lord Jesus Christ have mercy with me sinner. What I want to say shortly is: I love all christians, all denominations even wich differ in the understanding of the trinity. I do not care. But the mystery of confession should not miss. I can not proove it to you but I really insist. Alls shizophrenic people lost their health of the soul, many suffer from heart aches soul aches and so on. For normal people maybe it is okay to live without confession because they do not suffer. Let me tell you you should absolutely visit confession several times and regularly. It does not matter if at the beginnig you tell a little wrong things in confession if you are ill. You can tell in confession especially your sins but also your weaknesses and fears and emotional experiences. You can ask God to deliver you from them. It is hard with an unhealthy emotional or souly condition to even go to confession but it will help a lot. I am mentally much more healthy since that times I confessed my anger, my sins, my inner aggressivenes, tha lack of love for people and so on. Remember the seconds where you had aches in the soul and were inside aggressive towards others. Confess this. Even if you were psychotic. It will relieve you. If you have also lots of incidents where people are unfriendly to you or even follow you like some groups sometimes do with weak people and so on God can deliver you. Sometimes it seems like this because God makes us afraid like this to turn to him. This is all no coincidence. It will be better with the voices after visiting service and confession and if possible communion. Christians should not live without the mystery of confession. This is your chance. Even if you have problems to regret something, mentioning this in confession that you know you did wrong but have problems to regret can help. I rely on medication but not absolutely. Because I know if I would not pray every day the medication would not save me. Please try to stop this terror of the voices. Pray to God to give you a chance. Do not delay confession. It is sometimes a hard cross going to confession feeling weak and crushed. But God will not ignore your efforts. Someday you will then be able to stay longer in the church service without those voices in your head. If you have problems to remember what to say write it down.

Last edited: