Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In what way ? Do you agree if works do not follow true faith if one has opportunity or is tested that it can not be true ?

It is inevitable, if one is truly born-again, that good works will result. But these inevitable good works are not, therefore, necessary. I've already thoroughly explained why. God accepts us because we are in his Son, clothed in his perfect righteousness, not because we do good works (Romans 3:21-26). God's standard for accepting any of us is His own holy perfection. You don't measure up to this standard of perfection no matter how many good works you do, and neither do I. Holy perfection requires that at no time, ever, have you sinned. This is true of no human person. Nobody but God is, or has ever been, perfect. But we need perfect righteousness to walk with God and the only way we can get it is by being placed in Christ, in his perfect righteousness, by the Holy Spirit. When God sees us clothed in the perfect righteousness of Jesus, He can - and does - accept us, declaring us justified, sanctified and redeemed as one of His own (1 Corinthians 1:30). This is the only way to a relationship with God; this is the only way to be saved from God's wrath. And good works have nothing to do with it! Why, then, are you adding good works to how one is - or remains - saved? Good works follow after salvation and reveal that one is saved but they don't ever secure one's salvation. To say they do is to add to the perfect righteousness of Christ and to be accepted by God on the basis of Christ's perfect, divine righteousness plus your own imperfect, human righteousness. This is a false Gospel.

Or maybe you mean because I say faith can not be true if not followed by works maybe I should have said it is not a faith that will be able to save or maybe not genuine saving faith because a faith that saves is always tested by whatever trials it needs to be tested of to see if it is genuine and saving and overcomes and those with true faith will seek to do what they know Christ instructed of them to do

How many works are sufficient to prove one is saved? What if one does, say, ten good works, but then does something sinful a bunch of times? James says if a person breaks one of God's laws, he is guilty of them all! (James 2:10) What about the Corinthian Christians guilty of sexual sin, pride, petty strife and litigiousness, and gluttony (among other things) to whom Paul wrote and whom he called "brethren," and "God's field and building," and "babes in Christ," and "the temple of the Holy Spirit"? The Corinthian Christians were mired in sins of all kinds (1 Corinthians 3, 5, 6, 11) and yet Paul believed they were still saved and referred to them repeatedly as fellow believers in his letter to them. How do they fit into your "do good works or you're out" doctrine?

The real test of genuine saving faith is love, not good works; love of God - a deep, over-riding heart desire for Him - to know and walk with Him, as the First and Great Commandment requires. Any old hypocrite can do good works. The Pharisees kept God's rules very well but their hearts were far from God. What, then, of your good works standard? It can be faked! A person can do good works for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with being truly born-again and loving God, which is why Paul wrote what he did in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3:

1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe you are right but as I can not know I don’t think it is safe to teach that but I only want to follow this I don’t want to judge those who believe they need to work and they don’t know for sure

I think there should be proof of Protestantism since I am not convinced and also there is no proof for me for us to know for sure Catholicism is true I will become Orthodox. Maybe Protestants are saved but since I can not know for sure and there should be absolute proof I assume we only know salvation is only in Orthodox Church as far as we know for those born orthodox who do not have proof Catholic is true. It could also be in Catholic Church if current position of leaders in church can not be valid if whole church did not agree and as it is not found in church fathers as Augustine taught you are only a heretic if you do not know because you did not ask not if you ask and no one shows you proof at all as with Orthodox Church I know Orthodox are still regarded as heretics by Catholics because they do not believe all the church fathers believed as Catholics believe or think it biblical if such can be found out and they do not enquire. Catholics otherwise may be saved as far as one does not have proof Orthodox is true and you need to join it. I think it may be necessary to know if you need to join it to be judged or unless you know 100% that it is true because I don’t think you can know 100% it is true or you would know you have to join it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I think you are right the only thing that justifies is Christ blood as the song says on Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand

That is without knowing also one must trust but others think bible teaches works are important they will still be saved but such works done to earn salvation as Paul says will be burned up as it is done on top of Christ blood to justify and are not works done out of love to Christ to bring others to Him works are important for evidence of salvation that one responds to what he knows he needs to do but Christ does not require works except that which one knows he can do and only the works that prove your loyalty to Christ such as not denying Him or returning to Him if one has opportunity and being faithful for if we have received Christ proof is that we endure all things for Christ sake

As you said if one plans to live his life in sin and just makes a gesture of repentance he can not be accepted as it is not true from heart and one needs to actually repent while he has time so you admit if one life is not changed he has not been saved as Paul said we have hope because of the Holy Spirit producing character that one suffering produces the character which is proof of Holy Spirit in us

So if we suffer for Him there is proof Holy Spirit is in us

So one can not just choose to do whatever sin because he says he has accepted Christ for the bible says if we sin wilfully there no longer remains a sacrifice my dad says it means rejecting Christ but that works are evidence of salvation because God sheep hear His voice and return to Him to repent of their sin as Jesus said if anyone hears these sayings of mine and does not do them he will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand and he said not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom but he who does the will of the Father in heaven and explains why call Him Lord Lord and not do what He says and says many will say to Me on that day have we not prophesied in your name and done many wonderful things and He will say He never knew them because they were workers of iniquity not only because they have not been justified by His blood but they also did not repent as He said unless you repent you will all likewise perish as John the Baptist said to bear fruits worthy of repentance

Last edited:
Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
It seems you do have to work but it is not to seek to earn salvation as though you are the one saving yourself so Paul says work out your salvation not work for. Test yourself if you are in the faith. Do you not know that Jesus Christ is in you unless you are disqualified

Paul says if the Spirit of Christ is in you Christ will give life to your mortal bodies. If anyone has not the Spirit of Christ he is not His.

As many as are led by the Spirit these are sons of God

If Jesus christ is truly received in one then one will seek to obey christ will as the Spirit leads him to do christ will and tells him what he must do to grow closer to christ and be doing His will to truly be abiding in Him as Paul says that thanks be to God though you were slaves of sin you obeyed that form of doctrine which delivered you and you have your fruit for holiness and everlasting life. For one who truly received jesus also seeks to walk according to the Spirit which now convicts of sin to come to Him to renew them. But if one does not continue to bear fruit one probably was not saved but only had a superficial experience or one purposely was resisting the will of the Spirit so one would have lost the salvation in christ and maybe knowledge of God. I believe I only had a superficial knowledge of God or I would bear in fruit and be obeying Him and my mind would be according to His as Paul said be transformed by the renewing of your mind. For you have responsibility to abide in Him.For Jesus said every branch in Me which does not bear fruit will be cut down. Because though all who are in Him are branches and a vine has water which is the Holy Spirit a branch can choose not to be good soil not to be a good branch to let that water help it produce fruit that is if it now only has intellectual faith but not a saving faith received in the heart to let Jesus abide in you to respond to work of Holy Spirit to obey it or to be able to obey it. So Jesus said if My words abide in you you will abide in Me.

Faithfulness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
As Paul says you are saved if you hold fast what I preached to you unless you believed in vain because one may not have truly been saved if one falls away but one faith was only on bad soil those who faith is on good soil bear fruit continually not just for a time that is to the end they have faith. As paul said we must give careful heed to the things we have heard lest we drift away.
Paul says therefore we are debtors not to live according to the flesh for if you live according to the flesh you will die but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.

Billy Graham teaches the necessity of the new birth you are not saved unless you are born again have encountered God and made a new creation which is proven if one does not resist the Holy Spirit drawing which draws one to christ to hear His words to be convicted of your sins and your need for christ and to repent to come to the foot of the cross for salvation to be forgiven and to make you a new person.He said it is not your works which saves you but it is christ working in you. And proof you are born again is you will seek to honor Him in your life and be enabled to make godly decisions

and you encounter God through His words as Jesus said sanctify them by your word. Your word is truth. Jesus said if you abide in My word you are My disciples and you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free

it is important to strive to enter by the narrow gate for Jesus says many will seek to enter and will not be able one needs to make sure he is alive and doing all the will of the Father you don’t do works to earn salvation but you need to make sure you are truly in Christ to be the person He requires you to be and if you are truly listening to God you will know what works you need to do if you are a true Christian and not simply do any good deeds because your a Christian to earn salvation for the bible says as many as are led by the Spirit these are sons of God only the works Christ has required of you to do are important not something you think to do is good to try to earn salvation. For some works are just to serve Christ not to earn salvation. Actually the bible says he who knows to do good and does not do it to him it is sin but one could do many good deeds to try to earn salvation that may not be found to be essential though they could be and neglect to do what is essential that God has prepared for people to walk in or people so people may do their own good deeds that may not actually be what Christ is leading them to do and not essential and it may not be from one heart but to earn salvation. The point is you don’t do good deeds to earn salvation by how much good you do but as it may be a required work that Christ is leading you to do so you should practice it and continue to practice good works because it could be a work that is required that God is leading us to though it could not be and we are not saved because of our many works but to be doing what God requires of us but because we may not know we are to do works for St Peter explains that we should add to faith virtue because virtue is worked by faith for he explains such virtue we must make sure is according to knowledge that it is from the Lord that we are sure that such virtue is completely from the Lord and not anything of our own so salvation is a result of Christ completely changing us and teaching us

But we don’t work for our salvation to try to do good works to earn salvation but we do the works that we see we ought to do and that Christ will lead us for the bible says he who knows to do good and does not do it to him it is sin. We must make sure we are close to Christ to do the works that are actually essential that He gives us opportunity to do. The point is God is not looking if a person has a history of good works that he required all the works one is to perform except the works one was faithful to do that God led one to do and it is not how many works one do but if he done the will of God and one is not saved because of his history of works but if he done the will of God to ensure he did it before he died but people need to seek to be obedient to Christ now as they do not know when they will die but if one is alive one still has a chance if he responds while he has opportunity if he gets the oil before he dies to do the will of God as shown in the parable of the labourers in the vineyard

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This is the video made by billy graham

So salvation does require one to follow Him but it is not one own efforts but it is christ living in a person to change them and make them a new creation united to Him perfectly so that one does all His will as that is necessary to be fully united to christ which one will know he needs to do as one is only worthy of christ if he takes up his cross to follow Him not as though the cross is a work you do to earn but it is necessary to take the cross to die to self which as Paul says the world is crucified to him by the cross of christ through one faith in christ to allow one to now walk in the Spirit by one faith which is an active faith so it is saving faith because the purpose to believe on christ for salvation is to be a new creation to allow through faith in christ to make you a new creation by walking in the Spirit which guides those who have believed in christ.

Proofs of Conditional Salvation - Berean Publishers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
It does seem one can do many things for christ but he has not actually been born again to have a relationship with christ so christ says I never knew you. For one could do good things not from one heart but he seeks to save himself and really thinks he deserves salvation because of his works and not because of christ. For though works are required Jesus said to say after you have done all things we are unprofitable servants we have done what was our duty to do. We are not to think we are good and we deserve that salvation but Christ prepares works for us to follow that He requires from us though we do not deserve salvation because of our works and we are good but we do what He wants of us. For the one in whom christ dwells will want to do good works from his heart. Though I believe seeking to do works that Christ leads one to do and to continue to obey Christ is required to ensure you have done the will of God before you die as one may not have chance to do it later if he is not alive to make sure you have done the will of God before you die but all things must come from one heart

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is without knowing also one must trust but others think bible teaches works are important they will still be saved but such works done to earn salvation as Paul says will be burned up

What's worth considering is what Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 3 where he wrote about works not built upon Christ being burned up, that even if all those works are consumed by the testing fire of God, the man will still get into heaven but "as through fire," which is to say, "with the smoke of hellfire on his clothes" or, as folks used to say, "by the skin of his teeth," which meant "just barely."

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 (NASB)
13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
14 If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
15 If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

In this, Paul confirms that works are not the basis upon which one enters and remains in God's family and kingdom; for if they were, the destruction of those works would mean the destruction of the man in hell.

works are important for evidence of salvation

Yes, good works do give evidence of a truly born-again life, but they serve a far more important role as the way we show our love for God and for the people around us that He loves. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3; 1 John 4:7-11)

but Christ does not require works except that which one knows he can do and only the works that prove your loyalty to Christ such as not denying Him or returning to Him if one has opportunity and being faithful for if we have received Christ proof is that we endure all things for Christ sake

It's dangerous to think that your good works are a sort of "proving" that you love Christ. God looks on the heart, brother, not the outward appearance of things (1 Samuel 16:7). He sees what is at the core of who you are and it is what is there that shows Him whether or not you really love Him. Many people do good works for reasons that have nothing to do with loving God. Some are motivated by religious pride, by self-righteousness, as the Pharisees were, others are motivated by fear, or duty, or habit, or what others will think. God looks past what we do to who we are, to our motivation for our good works, and judges us on the basis of what that motivation is. This is why Paul wrote what he did in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. He wrote that, no matter what we say, or know, or do, if love isn't our motivation, it is all spiritually useless.

You see, we may fake the surface stuff, appearing Christian in our living, but we can't fake out God who sees what is in our hearts. There are many who seem to think that they can have a heart cold and distant from God, a fearful and legalistic heart, but so long as they obey God, He'll accept them. This is a terrible lie that damns people to hell! It is the thinking that will bring many believing they are Christ's to the Final Judgment only to hear, "Depart from me I never knew you!" It is our love God wants from us first and foremost, not just obedience.

As you said if one plans to live his life in sin and just makes a gesture of repentance he can not be accepted as it is not true from heart

Amen!

so you admit if one life is not changed he has not been saved

This is a very distinct possibility, yes! I don't, though, believe that one who claims to be saved but lives like the devil has actually been saved and then lost that salvation. Paul wrote only that one test himself to see if he was in the faith, not to see if he had lost his position in the faith.

Many are assuming they are born-again when they are not. They can see the genuineness of their salvation, however, by judging for themselves the character of their lives against the criteria the Bible sets out as indicating a truly born-again life:

A love of the brethren (1 John 3:14)
Conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 16:8)
Illumination of the Holy Spirit (John 16:12; John 14:26; 1 John 2:27)
Strengthening by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 3:16; Romans 8:13; Philippians 2:13)
The inner witness of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16)
A hunger and delight in God's word. (Jeremiah 15:16; Psalms 19:7-11)
The development of the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
Divine discipline (Hebrews 12:5-11)

And so on.

So one can not just choose to do whatever sin because he says he has accepted Christ for the bible says if we sin wilfully there no longer remains a sacrifice

Have you thought about why this is so? If you know the only exit from a building is the one, red door on its south side, but willfully choose not to exit from that door, can you exit the building? No. But not because the door doesn't exist; rather, because you have willfully chosen not to exit through it. The exit remains but you have, by your willful rejection of that way of exit, cut yourself off from it.

This is, essentially, what Hebrews 10:26 is describing: the effect of our willful choice to turn from the atoning sacrifice of Christ to sin. The sacrifice is there but the willful sinner refuses to take it and so the result is as though the sacrifice no longer exists.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a testimony of a 25 year old who was shown hell and heaven

if the path to heaven is long how come some sinners can be saved without having walked it how can one get sure he is saved now as he says in the video

he who finds Me finds life

I think you currently have salvation if you have a new heart capable of works but if you choose to follow sin you could lose the new heart you will have to strive to get it again which you may not find it if you don’t strive enough and if you don’t live long enough the opportunity to get it is harder though possible or if you die unexpectedly in some way such as in your sleep you can’t find it

Can a sinner be taken without given a chance to repent while they are still alive I have heard we are not promised tommorow such as when a person dies in their sleep or some other way unexpectadly but if a person still has breath can he find salvation even if he was not repentant at all before that and is just given seconds to live what is his chance of finding oil then ?

Does it mean everything that has breath of the Holy Spirit that found the Lord and given assurance by the Holy Spirit so that it is given breath in its spirit to praise the Lord as Ezekiel says I will cause breath to enter you that is Holy Spirit when he spoke to the dry bones

Proverbs 23:17-18

17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the LORD all the day;18 For surely there is a hereafter,And your hope will not be cut of

Jesus warns strive to enter by the narrow gate for many will seek to enter and will not be able

Though it is possible for sinners to be saved and it is never too late I believe seeking Him late is risky and difficult and it could be many die in unexpected ways

the bible says call to Him when He is near it will be harder to find Him if He is far or atleast risky as you have less chances and you have to fight a severe battle in a short time

But that is why the bible says strive to enter by the narrow gate for many will seek to enter and will not be able

If I have said something wrong and I promote a cheap grace gospel I would like someone to correct me is there really no hope for sinners why then did Jesus say He is not willing that any perish maybe if they are very sinful He will ensure they die unexpectadly but God could excuse some people if He thinks they deserve excuse and but it will be harder as they have less time though they will still be given a chance to repent and they have to fight a tough battle

You should assume you need to seek God early for you don’t know if you will find Him later or you deserve to be someone that lives long even though you sin you don’t know how tough your battle will be to find God if you delay I don’t know how tough it could be but it could be very tough not because of God but because of your many sins though it is possible for God to make you repentant of all the sins you commited but to affect the change necessary to see God when you die you may need baptism and communion as they were required for obedience only I believe otherwise God will allow you to commune later after you are punished for all your sins for not being obedient with regard to those commands and the change that is necessary will be done in the other life it is not a second chance because such changes need not occur now it is for healing of soul those sacraments are not required to obey the commandments they just demonstrate that a person is healed now because of the blessing of obedience so others can be obedient and be saved now

I saw that video. Very good.

• Useful
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
The first and foremost reason is that God commanded baptism and gave the example to do it. One of Christ's final commands to His apostles was, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age"Matthew 28:19-20.

Second, there is a process surrounding baptism,repentance and acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Savior, followed by baptism, after which a true minister of Jesus Christ lays hands on the baptized individual for God to impart His Holy Spirit.We need baptism because we need God's forgiveness, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

When we repent of sin, we are deeply sorry for having transgressed God's law. We no longer have a hostile attitude toward God and His law of liberty. We no longer have a carnal attitude that is enmity against the law of God. Romans 8:7. After repentance, we want to be in harmony with God's law of love, the Ten Commandments.

God will only give His special spiritual blessings to those who are willing to repent, to believe and to obey Him. As Peter wrote: "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now 'If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?' 1 Peter 4:17-18.

Jesus Christ is our living Savior. We will be saved by His life. Romans 5:10.

The first resurrection if the "better' resurrection. This cannot happen unless we totally repent, are baptized and receive the Holy spirit. God will bring those into a place of safety during the tribulation. All others who are "lukewarm" will be persecuted during the tribulation. They will take part in the second resurrection and judge by their works.

I explain why I think people should be baptized here though we can not know and speak for God but since it could be required we should and leave judgment to others up to Him

Jesus Christ and Repentance

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Actually I believe God wants us to have trust in Him to believe in Him that He gives the Holy Spirit to all who believe and ask that people are saved in the world to come who do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit by refusing to do what they know God requires of them which is to believe in His Son and to follow what they know God requires of them but one is only judged if one follows what is actually required some things one does not follow one has no excuse to follow because one who wants to please God will follow it but some things may not actually be required and one does not teach it because one believes it would please God to not stumble others to have faith in Him that He would not require it and I think God will accept that person. I believe baptism is required to be saved upon death to be fully united to God but people can still be saved without it because they can do the whole will of God except not to be able to commune with God fully to become united to Him now without it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Actually I think people should be baptised as it could be essential and we do not know if it is not required and there is no reason why one should not be baptized so there could be no excuse so one should be baptized and leave judgement of others up to Jesus
One should also have communion as it is a command and so we do not know if one should not be seeking to have it as he is prepared or if it is needed for sanctification but it may be only baptism is required. Only God knows if such are required loaves and fishes could have been right about the need of baptism but he is not right that there is no hell for unrepentant people God does not need baptism if one does not have opportunity later if one believes in Jesus as Lord God at the end for ones good life could be evidence that one had a heart that could be open to the truth later because people may have not responded earlier to the truth as they were undecided then if they believe then as they did not seek but they liked what Jesus taught or have their best chances to know then and they wanted to resist following Him but people have had better chances to know later or they accept later when they know they consider all the chances they had and God may accept repentance at the very end for people who He thinks deserves excuse but others have to seek Him while they have chance before they die and more is required of them to repent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually I think people should be baptised as it could be essential and we do not know if it is not required and there is no reason why one should not be baptized so there could be no excuse so one should be baptized and leave judgement of others up to Jesus

It is Jesus who told us to "judge righteous judgment," though. (John 7:24) We ought not to condemn others, but we must, if we are thinking people, be making distinctions between good and bad, right and wrong, healthy and unhealthy, etc., which is to say, judge between these things, distinguishing them from each other.

Baptism, as the apostle Paul explained, is symbolic of the spiritual union of the believer with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection. (Romans 6:1-5) Baptism puts feet to new faith, too, giving opportunity for the newly converted to act immediately in correspondence with what they have come to believe concerning the Gospel (James 2:17). Baptism is not salvific but it is commanded of the new believer, in public demonstration of their new-found faith in Christ.

Paul makes it clear that baptism is not part of how one is saved:

1 Corinthians 1:14-17
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in my own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

If salvation is accomplished by water baptism, it is quite a terrible thing Paul writes here! He was thankful he hadn't baptized the Corinthian believers? If baptism is salvific, if it saves, that's like saying he was glad he had helped none of them to be saved! Paul admits he had done some baptizing of folks, but then he says he was there to preach the Gospel, not baptize people. This is a strange thing to say if baptism is a necessary, saving part of the Gospel and there were people at Corinth who wanted and were being baptized! If baptism is salvific, Paul is saying he refused to help some people who wanted to be saved to be saved but did help others. I don't think this is a reasonable conclusion to come to. Instead, I think, as Paul did, that baptism is merely symbolic of salvation, not necessary to it.

Besides, there are too many explicit verses/passages of Scripture ruling out good deeds - of which baptism would be one - as contributing to one's salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5)

And there is the thief on the cross, as well, who was granted entrance into Christ's kingdom entirely apart from baptism. Also, the many verses in the NT that speak on how to be saved always mention trust in Christ and mostly do not mention baptism. Funny that, if baptism is how one is saved.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t know if it is essential or not but it could be and I think it could be required to be saved on death jesus said he who believes and is baptized will be saved so He could mean it that way and it was said to Paul arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord even if it is the calling on the name of the Lord which is the most important yet we don’t know as it was mentioned with baptism it could have been to help one show one commitment to his faith that he is now Christian but we don’t know and Jesus taught to teach people to observe all things He said to baptise in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

that was said for Jews and could have been for a time to receive the Holy Spirit but gentiles had it later yet they were still commanded to be baptised so it could have been also for remission of sins after being born again for other sins to be saved on death but I believe it may be people will be saved after death as Jesus said only the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness in age to come which is to reject what you know is required and what is the right thing to do which I believe one only rejects because he does not want to follow Christ for I don’t believe God will reject people who still seek to please Him so I don’t think He will reject for that if they follow Him because it could actually not be required but since it could be required people should do it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
Works are a fruit of those who have genuine faith and ones works are necessary by product of one faith or one will know the will of God if he has genuine faith so one must persevere under trial. I watched movie interview with antichrist it is true that we must arise from our lukewarm faith to think we don’t need to obey Christ and follow.

As the bible says blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on and their works follow them.

And blessed are those who keep His commandments that they may have the right to the tree of life

and they overcome Him by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony and they loved not their lives till death

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I don’t know if it is essential or not but it could be and I think it could be required to be saved on death jesus said he who believes and is baptized will be saved so He could mean it that way and it was said to Paul arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord even if it is the calling on the name of the Lord which is the most important yet we don’t know as it was mentioned with baptism it could have been to help one show one commitment to his faith that he is now Christian but we don’t know and Jesus taught to teach people to observe all things He said to baptise in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

that was said for Jews and could have been for a time to receive the Holy Spirit but gentiles had it later yet they were still commanded to be baptised so it could have been also for remission of sins after being born again for other sins to be saved on death but I believe it may be people will be saved after death as Jesus said only the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness in age to come which is to reject what you know is required and what is the right thing to do which I believe one only rejects because he does not want to follow Christ for I don’t believe God will reject people who still seek to please Him so I don’t think He will reject for that if they follow Him because it could actually not be required but since it could be required people should do it

I changed my mind because I think I should trust in God He accepts all who believe in Him who seek to please Him and follow Him that He would not make want to make division in the body of Christ and He gives people Holy Spirit

I think it pleases God that I would not teach baptism and communion as required to ever be saved just to be saved upon death just to be saved upon death though it could be only baptism unless one dies for the Lord then he might be saved upon death but one is ensured salvation if he does and such is required to be faithful unto death for all believers and I believe I should follow this so the church is not divided and we focus on helping others and growing in our understanding about what is important I believe those in churches do not need me to teach them but if they follow their church they will be saved but they may not be as much fruitful to know all that they could do for the Lord but a church must not be lukewarm to having known God will and it being essential it shown to them and not do it it should be hot to do what one knows is required of one but it is not required unless it is shown. But people are judged if they are not seeking to do what one knows to ensure they are able to do it to learn what is required to do it but some are never shown completely so it would not be required of them. But that is not an excuse to ignore what one tries to teach you for a righteous person will be open to hearing what is told them

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
if everyone can be saved in their last moments then what is the harm of delaying repentance?
Not everyone that says to me Lord Lord. Matthew 7:21-23 You can't really deceive God.

There is the error of Balaam and its' lessons. Where a person can find out that after a complete lifetime of believing God is righteous and saying as much publicly, their own heart actually prefers and enjoys an idol of their own making.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,484.00
Faith
Christian
I was going to teach something above which I now realise is a false teaching as I thought I should show better care if I offended others but I realise it is not the truth and people have to trust everyone had a fair chance to believe in Christ and follow Him that everyone has to make the decision about Jesus if they will believe in Him as He said if anyone denies Him before men he can not be saved and if you deny Him you may not have opportunity to later confess Him and to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,955.00
Faith
Non-Denom
if everyone can be saved in their last moments then what is the harm of delaying repentance?

Let me put love for God and appreciating what he's done as first. This harm would be grieving and hurting the Spirit of Grace. Maybe that should be front and centre and take our minds OFF of ourselves. Secondly as it relates to us you don't know how you're leaving this world. It could potentially be in a split second of time unexpectedly. How about we imagine this. You take a walk in a graveyard at night and there's a small light put on the top of every tombstone of one who left this world not having expecting too. Makes me wonder how many lights there would be. So you ask what would be the harm of delaying repentance?

OIP.n8NsvtXBEeOG9gXxuXnTtQHaEU

• Informative
Upvote 0