condition for people to be saved in their last moments

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus said strive to enter through the narrow gate for many will seek to enter and will not be able it is important perhaps especially for those who were raised in the faith to follow as they don’t know if they will be given opportunity to repent later

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
There are many Christians but I have heard it is only the little flock that will be saved that trusted in Christ I can not speak for Christ we only know that those who were baptized will be saved and those who have communion but communion could be something spiritual and only those will be saved who believed rightly trusting in Christ but it may not be truth and I don’t know who does not qualify for heaven that is up to Jesus but Jesus said whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will not enter it that is he must not think he can earn it but He could mean unless you trust as a child in God to be open with your heart to receiving the truth to know it and to be innocent as children forgiving one another

I watched this video and I mentioned it to my dad because he was holding similar views but I said I don’t think it is fair to judge all people who believe they need to do works to be saved like confess and have communion as church taught them that he said it is ok to think you have to do things but not to put trust in your righteousness you have to have trust in Jesus not your own righteousness to be saved and to know Jesus prepared a place for you and trust that

Do You See What God Sees? by From His Heart with Dr. Jeff Schreve

It is wrong to say one is justified because of his own works whether confession or communion if by doing so you believe it is to be done to think because you believe you must be perfect and you put hope in obtaining it which is impossible as you can never be you can’t just hope that your works have satisfied God I have heard you have to know your name is in heaven to put your hope in Christ for salvation but I don’t know that is true I don’t think God will reject people because of that but will judge whether they had love to Christ which is proven by how you treat other believers who speak of Christ as if you love Christ you will love them because He taught to love others and it is done as a result of accepting Christ but the truth is works are not the cause of salvation but proof one has surrended one life to Christ and received Christ but salvation is of Christ completely He is the one who saves you presents you faultless and prepares good works to follow He works in you to do good it is not your good if you have done good it is because God saved you and naturally makes you do the works because it is your new nature if you truly received Christ you will do the works as a witness you have received Christ it will come as a natural result as Jesus said without Me you can do nothing good so the work of God is to receive Christ truly to have relation with Him to save you and make you new creation created for good works

My dad said many preach in Christ name but they have not surrender to Christ and His righteousness

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is wrong to say though there are many Christians they are not all of the little flock that can be saved I believe they all are of the flock even if they were fearful and didn’t trust so they should not be discouraged but it is not proper understanding as everyone can still be saved if he has opportunity those who submitted to Christ would also obey Christ as response to believing in Him and trusting Him for their life if they are saved they would no longer hold on to their treasure in their heart but be willing to sell it which one should be doing as he has opportunity or he could not have opportunity to repent later

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think I need not speak for God only He knows what is fair we only know those who trusted in Christ which includes surrender to Him and putting their faith in Christ will be saved it is up to Him if others are saved but all should trust in Him even my dad admitted only He knows but that is the way I am not sure if Jeff Shreve meant that Christians who believe they can earn salvation by believing and their works as though their works can make one worthy of heaven even if one admits no one is without sin and not just obligation as debt that one does it as proof he surrenders to Christ as Paul said I am not sure if he meant they can not be saved or he meant unbelievers who do not believe in Christ and think their works alone can save them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
These verses in Hebrews show if we are of the household of Jesus if we believe and cling to our faith in Jesus maintaining our hope in Jesus therefore any one can be of the household of God if they surrender to Him and trust in Him then they will be able to not be moved away from Him the sinners that will not be saved when bible says if the righteous are scarcely saved where shall the sinner appear are those who did not believe the gospel and surrender while they had chance

I think Paul is saying even those who did not commit all sins who are considered righteous not many of them are saved if they are not searching the truth to accept it but how bad will be the judgement of the sinner that rejects the gospel. Or it could be saying the righteous are those who accept the gospel who repent and they are hardly saved without trials to be saved on death and any judgement on this earth so what will be the end of the sinner who rejects the gospel

1 Peter 4:17-18
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now
“If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”

Hebrews 3:5-6
5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,
In the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,
And saw My works forty years.
10 Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in in their heart,And they have not known My ways.’
11 So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”
12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I know the truth and should not support those who do not like peace I know God already accepts all who believe in Him even if they do not know what is right if they have love. I do not judge them but I should try to please God and not judge other Christians but I believe we need to surrender to what He taught people to do such as baptism and communion and to keep His commandments only God knows if it is not required

Joel Osteen made this message

https://fb.watch/6V20g9UZjU

it is a mistake to accuse people I know most of the bad traits mentioned in the video apply to me I need to repent and seek peace as love believes good of others and thinks not evil

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus said he who believes and is baptized will be saved but he who does not believe will be condemned thats all we know we do not know the part of baptism if one risks not opportunity to repent if he is not but if he has opportunity to repent if he only wishes it he can be saved as it says but he who does not believe only that person will be condemned

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
The wedding invitation is given to all to the wedding of the Son which requires that one wears the proper clothing which means that one will believe in Him and seek to honour Him in their life by seeking to have the characteristics one needs to have that one truly follows His teachings from one heart many are called but few are chosen because one can be invited and think about being Christian but choose to ignore what they hear and not be believing and to put their trust in Jesus and many Christians may believe but they dishonour Jesus with their life by not having the oil which is true accepting of Jesus that is demonstrated by repentance and proven by one being wise and to be clothed in the fruits of the Spirit to have His characteristics and so they may lose their opportunity if they don’t to repent they may not be given chance to repent

We only know those who seek to do what God says will be saved and Jesus may have taught baptism is required and maybe communion but we don’t know if communion was required or if it was something spiritual or if it is only required to do it earlier to make one ready to be saved on death if by continuing to obey the command it takes away all your sins to make you continue to be without sins now if you take it while you have opportunity then because you obeyed the command he will take away all your sins before you die though not required but we don’t know if it is not required to do or you won’t be saved if you lose opportunity to repent so they should be done or one may not be given opportunity to repent later

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it does not matter what church people go to we only know baptism and communion is required but it may be they are not or communion is not required for sanctification but one partakes of Him spiritually but that communion is necessary to remember Him that His presence is there to help remember Him to witness or that communion is only necessary to have while you have opportunity to take away your sins for God to remove the sins if you are taking it while you have opportunity so you can ensure you die having sins taken away to be saved on death but it is not necessary to be saved as a person believes and can do the will of God but people should do them incase if people do not believe they can join a church they believe in

I learn from Paul washer in his book narrow gate narrow way that some teach people to trust in a formula to save them to just say a sinners prayer but that it can not save a person but people need to truly receive Jesus and turn from their sins

The door is open for anyone to repent now then a person can know he is saved if he turns from his sin especially not seeking to sin wilfully and seeking to do will of God which one knows he has responsibility to do and find out but if a person continues unrepentant he may die unexpectedly and not be given opportunity to repent the door is not always open so you have to be striving to do will of God to repent of all things you know you need to repent of so you know you are ready if you die at any time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
if everyone can be saved in their last moments then what is the harm of delaying repentance?

I think there is no promise for sinners that they will live long and that the time they have remaining is easy to find oil though possible if they strive really hard. If God is patient it is because there are many righteous people praying but in the bible it says even if Job or Noah or Daniel were to pray He would not be patient to a people or person if He sees there is no hope
maybe if they are very wicked already having had many chances we do not know how many chances we had. I don't mean to say so to cause despair because it could be God is patient because we did not have many chances but I don't know if that is the case

The below may not be true because it it is best to assume it is very difficult to be saved at the end than from the beginning

if a person has no good works but then later puts his faith in Christ alone to save him now in this moment he can be saved because the work of God is to believe on Him whom He sent the oil of the wise virgins is to get the faith to put your trust in Christ for salvation to forgive all your previous sins but faith without works is dead so you need to confess to others you have put your trust in Christ and does what good you can do with remaining time as you read bible God will prepare good works for you to follow as you look for opportunities to follow the gospel

And about previous offenses you can confess all your sins to God and ask for opportunity to do good

No one knows when he will die and if he will find opportunity to repent
How would you feel if someone didn't apologize to you until they died and you knew that they knew they were gonna wait till they died, premeditated this. Would you feel it was genuine? Now replace you in this example with God who does actually know everything our hearts our deepest secrets, He knew you were planning on waiting till the last minute to apologize, how do you think He would feel? Would He accept it as genuine repentance or in-genuine pre-meditated forced repentance, which in my opinion isn't true repentance at all.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I would have to forgive because I do not know people heart but it would not be acceptable if someone acted that way without cause but God accepts repentance of one at any time if it is true from the heart as he has chance the bible shows God never desires the destruction of the wicked but that they return and their soul lives as he showed in the parable of the prodigal son but He requires true repentance to return as person has chance for repentance requires one to repent as one has chance for one does not know if one will have more chances because a person may have got all one chances and so person must repent as one has chance or one would lose one chance to repent if a person premeditates to not repent now to just repent at end if one continues in unrepentance or thinks that he can lose one chance to repent if one has been given all the required chances for them to repent repentance requires that one repents as one has chance and it must be from the heart God knows it is possible for all or he would not give them opportunity to the bible says there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than 99 just persons who need no repentance the bible says God so loved the world that He gave His Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
We can not earn salvation that is that Christ can not save a person if he did not have many works

As Paul says if we seek to be justified by the law and are sinners is Christ therefore a minister of sin

The law is to be obeyed as a result of true faith as Abraham obeyed

We don’t do works to earn salvation and we can’t hope to be saved because we think we could ever deserve salvation by our deeds as though we must earn salvation by our works and and not just that true faith is evidenced by works because to earn means if you fail to have done before you can not have chance or mercy now

We are saved by faith and if we have faith it should be evidenced by us doing works we do not earn it by doing many works to require that a person have done before but if a person does not help someone who has real need he does not have true saving faith for he does not believe in what Jesus said so he didn’t really accept Him and shows he is not genuine having faith so risks judgement but sometimes people have opportunity to repent and one can still be saved one does not require to have works before and a person can be saved even if he didn’t work because he can do good now or he can wish to to repent while one has chance which requires it is from one heart before one is punished and before knowing one will be so that means one is not earning it it is grace

If one does not have works at all to naturally do works then the person may not have genuine faith

But we must not put our hope in salvation because of some deeds one has done as though we can earn or deserve salvation from them for they are just works that prove one has faith but they do not make us worthy of salvation for we can not earn from our works because we can not keep the law fully and we are not supposed to believe that we did anything worthy of salvation as our left hand is not to know what our right hand does it needs to be as a result because one loves christ and if one loves christ truly having a relationship with Him he will love others and want to help them not because one wants to earn salvation and one should not think one ever did anything worthy of salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

newwaytobehuman

Sep 23, 2021
south west england
✟2,156.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for your reply. So can we say it is up to God to show mercy if He thinks that person deserves mercy?

I don't know much about theology but isn't it Goes nature to be merciful ? He is mercy itself.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
The bible says you need to confess Jesus to be saved but it may mean just that you should because if you don’t you may die at a time you don’t expect without having opportunity to call on the Lord in your heart because you know you know you took your last breath to die you know that is moment of death but you can call on God if you are immobile yet not knowing you are going to die now as it may be God look to heart attitude that one repents that one is willing to

that is with all things too you need to fully follow Christ because God knows when you are not seeking to and if you are not seeking to you could die without having opportunity to call on the Lord God accepts anyone to call on the Lord truly seeking Him not knowing His will if they knew they have to be following it or they could die while they are not seeking to do it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
The fact is the bible alone teaches the truth there was never just one group of people and the bible alone has a gospel that can save all people so it is truth Jesus said not to listen to anyone else we don’t know if there is salvation in tradition so people should follow only the bible. Also we should leave judgement to others up to God we do not know if the unbaptised or those who don’t have communion are saved we should leave that to God to decide. So all must turn from empty tradition and put their trust in Christ who did not make divisions not to judge other Christians. Only God knows if they are saved or not if they did not

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
The below is an interesting article but I don’t see how one could have to trust in justification by faith alone if it is not possible for him to still know it is true as bible seems to say you need to demonstrate your faith by works and to continue to do so when it is required that is what is meant by abiding in Christ to demonstrate you are truly in Him receiving what He said so you have to make sure your faith is true that it is doing all He said to do whether works are needed to be done on your part or works are needed to be done to know Christ that any command to work is to make sure you are still in Christ that He is able to work righteous works naturally by your faith

https://withallwisdom.org/2021/10/22/a-primer-on-justification

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
As I am not convinced faith alone saves one who can work I would not preach that is the way people should only follow it if it is shown to them so they should seek Christ. Also I believe it is unjust to judge people who do not know if their church is wrong so I apologise for that there are 3 virtues faith hope and love and the greatest is love so if you can not absolutely prove a tradition is wrong you should not judge. I believe also it is unjust to teach you require baptism and communion when many people had not absolutely known it is required so they would have done it if they knew absolutely it is required so I will not teach it is required but if one is worried he can do so

Last edited:
Upvote 0