Houston
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, one can wait until their last moments and accept Jesus into their heart and be saved. But, there would be no joy of a life-long personal relationship with the Lord. There would be no life of peace knowing that Christ is the captain of your ship guiding you through all life's challenges; no joy that comes from worshipping the Almighty God and spreading his message; and no life communicating intimately with the creator of the universe. But, yes, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13 NIV.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Thankyou for explaining I believe you are right that one can be saved in one last moments but I now think I understand why there would be danger to purposely wait to do so though I believe one can be saved if he waited to do so if one has opportunity I believe salvation is a gift of God through faith that works need not to have been done before if you have opportunity to repent but works are required presented as a proof you have accepted salvation and are being saved because you are doing all you can with opportunity that people don’t know if they will be given opportunity to repent later if they will be punished or have trials to overcome so they should always be following God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe there could be a rapture from below verses but I don’t know but it would not be a final judgement but I believe the parable of the virgins teaches second coming but those who are not saved in the rapture will be in difficult times like in the parable of the virgins because of the rapture more people may seek God afterwards as also more knowledge will come about before the tribulation but as Jesus does not return visibly to all for quite a while some people will not be watching and others who are preparing may also be serving God while they could to prepare others but because of delay their service seemed to slumber and couldn’t work as much so it says they all slumbered. It is important for those who are living at that time to be ready as Christ could come at any time.

But it is still related now. If you are not following God now you could be punished when there is no time to seek God and you don’t know if you will find God at the end of your life I believe it is possible if you seek Him diligently before last breath to be converted if you are not seeking diligently you won’t be converted then and as one may not be diligent enough and may not do it is harder and so it is wise to seek God earlier.

Luke 21:34-36
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I do not believe any person is safe to live in sin as person may lose his chance to repent as God may put up with people only if he thinks there is chance for them to repent or they did not get fair chance to repent I think only the righteous will be safe to inherit the kingdom but those who have chance to repent can be saved they are made righteous before they die they may have chance to be converted and to be righteous but it is harder because they may not be seeking Him as hard as they need to to find Him before they die for if God did not want to give them a chance they would be punished if God required them to be a martyr He would try them

1 Peter 4:17-18
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved,Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”

Proverbs 11:31 If the righteous will be recompensed on the earth,How much more the ungodly and the sinner

The ungodly and the sinner seems to refer to those who are not part of the household of God who did not accept the gospel and repent those who do as Jesus said only unforgivable sin not forgiven in world to come is to not repent at all when you have opportunity and when it is acceptable. Only the righteous are chastened to ensure they are ready to enter kingdom upon death so even repenting sinner may be chastened with a sickness or he is chastened in world to come not to have opportunity to do righteous things then which it is too late which was required of people to ensure that they will not be punished as there is no promise if God does not give a chance for you to do any good things to repent then. But such chastening may still be required after death as person may have repented and been made holy set apart as redeemed by blood of Christ as he repents but personally he still has much to learn to be fit to enter presence of Christ which he was supposed to learn by fully communing with Christ now.

but as many are called few are chosen not all people have opportunity to repent later we have to assume all must repent while they have chance as they may not live without being punished which if one is punished God does not give opportunity to be converted as it is a punishment because it means God closed the door on one as he did not give them time to seek God to be converted but those who are not punished it means God is giving them some time if they have opportunity to seek Him to repent to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
It seems faith can save for person who still has chance to repent but Romans says also that if we continue in sin we will die because not everyone has chance to repent to believe as book of Joel says whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved that is if they survive punishment if they are given chance to repent if they may repent though it is not promised whether a person will be given chance.

God gives people up to their sins that they may know how evil it is for them to practice sin when they feel the consequences of experiencing what it is like to be separated from God that they that they may seek God while they have chance

Romans 2:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

That is written because if you don’t turn now you may not be given opportunity to repent later but you could be punished and you have to continue in the grace which you received if it is late or you may die while you did not do any repentance you could that you had opportunity to do in your heart

Romans 3:19-26
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 4:5-8
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
You have to seek to know Christ now because you can not always get to know Christ once the tribulation happens and people are told they must receive a mark which is the mark of the beast or they won’t be able to buy and sell and they will be persecuted later only those who built a relationship with God and had the Holy Spirit before that perhaps will be able to resist it but I don't know for I know the 2 witnesses will prophecy at that time to give chance to people to be believers but perhaps not all will get the chance who already had fair chance . But even still those who die before the tribulation need the Holy Spirit and those who do not have the Holy Spirit now may not have the chance to get it later if they are punished while they are not repenting they may not get opportunity to seek the Lord to know Him and be changed and if they do it is still harder to find Him to repent before you die if you are not seeking Him diligently

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Not everyone can be saved if you don’t receive Jesus today and follow Him if you are not repenting now or are living in sin you could have a accident or suffer a tragedy and die without having repented and done the will of God in following His will to live holy and to preach you won’t be saved so people have to turn while they have opportunity a person could have a sickness he does not know about from his sins from not repenting and because he was not repenting before that he may not be ready to have oil before he dies those sicknesses which are a punishment from God deprive one of any chance of opportunity to repent as a person may not have enough time to repent and if he does if it is from God that sickness came because person was living unrepentant as a punishment from sin then person may not have much time to be converted or to do will of God and though repentance is possible for some without chance to do outward deeds God may not permit the person to be converted in the time given to be able to repent to have presence of Holy Spirit such conversions are not guaranteed but for those who may have an excuse or do not live in sin God accepts late conversions of those who were not living in sin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is wrong to say it is not guaranteed for God to allow one to convert if one comes late conversion is always possible for those who have time to seek God

Jesus died to ransom all who would accept Him and have Him as mediator but it is still necessary to repent while you can as if you are punished you would lose opportunity to repent if you were not seeking Him if you were living in unrepentance and punished by God God would not give you opportunity to hear gospel and to believe it to get chance to truly know it and to understand it to call on the Lord to believe unto salvation for a real conversion to repent

1 Timothy 2:1-6
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is too late to call on God if Christ comes as a thief if one is punished and dies in a way that his death will come certainly within a short time if it is from God if one got sick knowingly while he was living in sin because he wasn’t repenting before that or even not from God but one wasn’t repenting and loses opportunity to repent but all others who are alive God wants them to be saved to come to a knowledge of the truth. One should not presume if one lives in sin he will have a chance to repent for God does not have to give more chances to one if person has no cause to sin God may give others a chance if God thinks they should have a chance if a person did not get all fair chances and that one perhaps might repent. So people should seek to repent while they have opportunity.

I thought people perhaps who did reject the gospel and did not want to believe it and opposed it who then could not see the truth as they did not want to know the truth that perhaps they can still be saved that God can still convict them to accept Jesus even if they don’t have full assurance and they can be saved even in last moment even if they don’t confess Him as I believed they may not be able to if they can’t speak but they still are alive and have breath as I believe Jesus said only sin not forgiven is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit to live rejecting Jesus when you know who He is or to completely reject Him to decide He is false to not be willing to accept Jesus to respond to Holy Spirit which draws you to Jesus to return to Him if you had thought before of coming or to come to Him. But I may be wrong as Spirit may be able to give person full assurance if you are seeking Him while you have opportunity if you still have breath

but people may not have opportunity to accept Jesus later so people should accept Him now as Jesus said He can come as a thief and only those who confess that they believe in Jesus and follow Him can be guaranteed to be saved as they may not get opportunity to repent later.

Charles spurgeon wrote below
Now I hear another say, "Ah, but the stone in my road is that I cannot believe. I have not the faith I need to have." Well, beloved Seeker, perhaps you have made a mistake about your faith. Do you think that you need to believe with full assurance before you can be saved? If so, listen. The smallest grain of saving faith will save a man. To embrace Christ in your arms like Simeon is a grand act for a full-grown saint, but to touch the hem of His garment is as surely saving as to embrace His Person. If you have faith but as a grain of mustard seed, God will recognize that faith and make it grow— and that faith will save you. It is not quantity, but quality that the Lord looks at. Do you believe in Jesus Christ? That is the point. For, remember, the whole of your salvation rests not on your believing, but on the merits of Jesus Christ!

Some sinners look too much to their own faith and not enough to the Object of their faith. Now, it is the Object of faith we should look to, and if we did, our faith would grow. You may look at faith till you think you have none. But, on the other hand, you may look at Christ till you feel you cannot help believing in Him. How many a time in my little vestry behind there have I charged this Truth of God home upon those who have said they could not believe. I have said, "What cannot you believe? Cannot you believe God? Is He a liar?" "Ah!" say I to these enquirers, "suppose you said to me when I told you something, 'I can't believe you,' should I not at once say, 'Why not? What do you know of my character which leads you to think that I am untruthful?' " And they say at once, "Oh, Sir, I should not say that to you. I should feel sure if you told me that you knew a thing to be true that it was so. I would believe you." "Well, then," I have said, "how dare you tell me you cannot believe Jesus Christ and cannot believe God the Eternal One! What reason on earth can there be why you should not believe God is speaking the Truth and believe what Jesus Christ says? We will not have it that you cannot believe." Awakened, quickened Sinner! At the same moment that God gave you spiritual life to feel that you were a sinner, He gave you the principle in which dwells power to believe in Jesus Christ, the sinner's Savior! And we charge you to exercise that power and to cast yourself, once and for all, upon the finished Sacrifice of Christ the Lord!

C. H. Spurgeon: Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 19: 1873 - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
In saying anyone can come to Christ even if he is exposed to doubts yet he must still believe.

He would have heard the gospel before tells one to ask and he will receive Jesus says everyone who seeks finds. So if he is seeking Christ will give faith. One only needs mustard seed of faith if he has any faith in Jesus he could seek to come to Jesus genuinely

Jesus told the parable of the seed on the wayside hears the word but the devil can snatch word to seek to convince one it is not true and that can prevent one from being saved if he does not want the truth and keep one from being able to have any faith at all if he does not seek Christ and pray so that he may believe the truth before he dies to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Perhaps a person may need to have faith in Jesus with no doubts and he needs to have done the will of God before one dies one has to strive to experience new birth to be forgiven. Jesus said He would build His church on the belief that Jesus is Lord and the gates of hades would not prevail.

I believe God guides all believers to full truth about His will for their life they are His church and the gates of hades will not prevail on them. The parable of the virgins seems to teach if you do not seek God before you die to be able to repent then it can be impossible to be saved. Salvation is only guaranteed for those who followed Christ and the wise were always worried they had not yet done the will of God. I do not know if the door for salvation can always be found if you do not seek it while it can be found.

Jesus says he who enters by Me will be saved

So I believe it is in Jesus but you need to repent salvation is only guaranteed for those who followed God or were converted by God who did repent because the wise we’re worried about not being complete in will of God / repented it seems there we’re certain expectations needed to prepare yourself getting the oil is putting on the wedding garments it is an internal thing and such oil is got by others to do will of God could it be the foolish carried a profession of faith but they did not really believe at all so they did not really take their faith seriously and seek to repent so they needed to seek to believe and repent while they could to seek to pray to God to seek to repent to follow God as they are able to ensure by doing so that Christ will accept them if he accepts them as having repented because they are not sure they will able to be able to have done any repentance later before Christ comes if they give oil to others the oil is the grace of the Holy Spirit the wise are worried they do not have enough of it that they have fully repented or that they will lose it and they do not believe they even have enough for themselves to repent not that they would not tell them about Jesus not that it is not right to share about Jesus but the foolish thought the wise could make them fully ready but the wise we’re not so sure about their own repentance and they needed to focus on it and believed it is not wise to teach the foolish because they did not believe they were able having as much knowledge as they need for them and themselves or they did not believe if they spent time to teach them at that time they would be able to have enough oil for themselves they were saying everyone can only help himself at the end one is responsible for himself to make sure one has a true repentance and to go to others if you don’t have proper knowledge to make sure you are repentant one can only help himself to know why one is not repentant to study bible to find others that already teach to help your specific issue

Or perhaps it is always possible before death but more difficult because Jesus said with God all things are possible. Supposing one comes to God through Jesus and calls on Him. But it is not always open if you seek it at moment of death you can not find it you do not know when that moment is. You have to strive or seek diligently before that moment to have any saving faith and it is harder because you may not strive diligently enough then at the end. Maybe it is just having any faith that saves which you can’t have any faith without Jesus giving it to you so even not understanding some scriptures that could challenge your faith if you don’t have knowledge yet you could still believe.

but I don’t know for sure so we have to assume you need full faith and that there is a time when it is impossible to find it or perhaps to repent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is never too late to repent if you have opportunity the parable of the virgins is just to teach to be watchful because if you are not repenting then Christ can come as a thief either before you die or at second coming if you were not repenting for a long time Christ can come at any time which is recognised by hearing bridegroom voice it will be too late to seek repentance then as He will come then or maybe not immediately they won’t know when He comes exactly they will just hear He is coming but He will come very soon but the foolish still will not take it seriously and not be watchful so He will come when they are not ready they will seek to listen to wise too late to seek to repent too late when bridegroom comes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
You have to seek to know Christ now because you can not always get to know Christ once the tribulation happens and people are told they must receive a mark which is the mark of the beast or they won’t be able to buy and sell and they will be persecuted later only those who built a relationship with God and had the Holy Spirit before that perhaps will be able to resist it but I don't know for I know the 2 witnesses will prophecy at that time to give chance to people to be believers but perhaps not all will get the chance who already had fair chance . But even still those who die before the tribulation need the Holy Spirit and those who do not have the Holy Spirit now may not have the chance to get it later if they are punished while they are not repenting they may not get opportunity to seek the Lord to know Him and be changed and if they do it is still harder to find Him to repent before you die if you are not seeking Him diligently

I said that because I watched a video which said that you need to build your house on rock as there will be tribulation and only those who built their house on the rock will stand when flood comes

But I suppose God gave and is giving people time to repent but we don’t know for how long so it is about repenting as you have chance to find Christ before that time comes when judgement comes to repent as you have chance before judgement comes

Jesus said to pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things and to stand before the Son of Man I believe that means because if you did not turn to God as you have opportunity and stay repenting He may come at a time you are not repenting but that is only for those who will remain at His coming people can die at any time so you need to repent as you have opportunity. Not everyone is given opportunity to repent in old age so you should be repenting as you have opportunity because if you die from practicing sin and you don’t accept Jesus you can’t be saved. Also the bible says all whose names are not written in the book of life will worship the beast even if they did not want to they will submit to beast to receive his mark as they will say who is able to make war with him that is resist him. All people are called to accept Jesus if you have not accepted Jesus before that time you won’t be able to resist his mark to not submit to him and worship the beast

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
When I hear questions such as this, I always think about the thief on the cross, who knew our Lord only for a few hours and yet Jesus told him today you will be with me in paradise.

Luke 23:39-43.

The thief's faith in who the Lord really was saved him in arguably his final hours of life. He didn't expect to be saved and only asked the Lord to remember him, but Jesus did far, far more.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is wrong not to teach baptism and communion is required that is not for me to say only God knows they are commands so people should do them or they may not be given opportunity to repent but if one still has opportunity to repent he can be saved if he wishes to do it for I don’t know if God will accept if person did not want to keep the command

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe Jesus builds His church on believers who really have faith in Him as it is the truth so what they teach allow gates of hades not to prevail I do not believe it is right to teach baptism and communion is required but people can do them if they are worried incase I believe baptism is required to be saved on death and communion maybe too they make it possible to be perfectly united to God now to be saved on death but God always accepts those who live righteously but they won’t be fully united to God now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
Those are my beliefs but I can not know as I believe people should be baptized and have communion incase I think those who did not if they repented and lived righteously would be saved but I don’t know it may be required atleast to repent to desire to be baptized and have communion that is if it is required but if you don’t get baptised and have communion you won’t be saved on death they can still repent to do so but it is up to God if it is required or not

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
God wants us to trust in Him in Him there is no darkness at all we should not cause offenses by listening to those who do not have as much faith to move the church in a direction that is not right to support divisions God does not judge whether person has been baptised or not if you are worried you can join a church that does believe God will not save those who followed Him who were not baptised I do believe though that baptism and communion are required to be united to God to be saved on death

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I thought of teaching baptism and communion as they are commands but I believe Jesus wants me to trust in His fairness that He did not make them necessary to do or one could never be saved but they are required to do to be saved on death for I don’t believe He would judge people who can not do it or did not think it is absolutely important because others persuaded them it is not but revelations says people need to do His commandments to enter life people need to turn to Christ when they have opportunity if a person practices sin he is in danger Christ can come as a thief Christ may not give opportunity to one if person had all one chances to repent that they needed and people have to be truly sorry before they die if they have opportunity to truly repent and receive Jesus to be truly sorry for all one sins before they die. If they do not watch as they have opportunity they may die without opportunity to repent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,767.00
Faith
Christian
I believe it is important to believe and repent and strive to do God will because if you don’t you don’t know if you will have opportunity to do so later that is for everyone though God may give longer life to people if person did not get all one chances and to give more to those who deserve it also some people who get sicknesses expect to live longer but die unexpectedly

Last edited:
Upvote 0