Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
*This was posted in American Politics, but we felt it was needed here, too.

For those who are unaware, FreeinChrist and I are the Advisors over the Discussion & Debate areas. It works out well since I’m more conservative and she is more liberal. It helps us to keep natural biases from creeping in, and helps us to address the issue when folks from both sides accuse staff of bias.

With that said, we are firmly into the next election cycle. Plus, we have the impeachment inquiry happening. And we are starting to see an increase of inflammatory posts. Let me explain how staff sees this.

If you flame another member, it’s seen as flaming or goading. If you flame a well-known public figure, it’s considered goading because while they aren’t members, they have loyal followers, and it’s seen as an attack on them that they feel needs defending. You can be critical of public figures without inflammatory comments.

So here is how this will go in the coming months.

Please keep debating. We aren’t trying to dictate what cannot be posted or discussed as long as it falls within the current rules. But we will be quicker with warnings and thread closures. In other words, whatever we have to do to keep the level of civility as high as possible we will be doing.

We have a small staff which doesn’t need to be overburdened because some of you cannot seem to be able to debate without getting little digs in. We are a little more lax on Discussion & Debate, but we also don’t want things to spin out of control.

For those who are willing to cooperate, thanks.