Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, brothers and sisters of Christ.

My journey with God had taken me to great places and I've learned a lot. Without him I am nothing. About two weeks ago I made a prayer that went something like, "God, please tell me or show me exactly what to pray for." In that day, the night of that day, I believe I was given an answer. Of course it wasn't anything miraculous like some voice from the heavens or an extremely vivid dream, but in my thoughts I was told to pray daily. I used to do it but eventually stopped. Now, God is perhaps urging me to get back to it.

I believe I should compose my personal, individual prayer. But I need help and suggestions. If you want, you can even present to me your own composition and I may consider it. But mostly, please tell me what you believe would be a great thing to include in this daily prayer.

I should perhaps tell you the things I want included on top of that:

1. Strength to fulfill my purpose in life. (I've already discovered it. What I need is the strength and discipline to fulfill it.)

2. The discipline to pray daily.

3. The discipline to love those whom I may not necessarily think deserves my love. I know God loves them in His own way.

4. The opportunity to keep learning new things, as I value knowledge and wisdom. This is all-inclusive. Anything that is interesting or useful, I'd love to learn it.

5. The zeal to keep searching for a wife! Haha. I have needs and urges that only a good woman can fulfill.

I think that's it.

Thank you everyone. Keep faithful.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, brothers and sisters of Christ.

My journey with God had taken me to great places and I've learned a lot. Without him I am nothing. About two weeks ago I made a prayer that went something like, "God, please tell me or show me exactly what to pray for." In that day, the night of that day, I believe I was given an answer. Of course it wasn't anything miraculous like some voice from the heavens or an extremely vivid dream, but in my thoughts I was told to pray daily. I used to do it but eventually stopped. Now, God is perhaps urging me to get back to it.

I believe I should compose my personal, individual prayer. But I need help and suggestions. If you want, you can even present to me your own composition and I may consider it. But mostly, please tell me what you believe would be a great thing to include in this daily prayer.

I should perhaps tell you the things I want included on top of that:

1. Strength to fulfill my purpose in life. (I've already discovered it. What I need is the strength and discipline to fulfill it.)

2. The discipline to pray daily.

3. The discipline to love those whom I may not necessarily think deserves my love. I know God loves them in His own way.

4. The opportunity to keep learning new things, as I value knowledge and wisdom. This is all-inclusive. Anything that is interesting or useful, I'd love to learn it.

5. The zeal to keep searching for a wife! Haha. I have needs and urges that only a good woman can fulfill.

I think that's it.

Thank you everyone. Keep faithful.
The Our Father is a great start.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Luke 11:1
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."

Jesus was asked the same question you have asked here, so I have nothing to add to his response! Except that sometimes it’s hard to pray. Right now I find it hard to pray, sometimes it’s shame or habits or wasting time...it’s all darkness trying to keep from speaking with my Father. We have to ask for strength to fight this!

I think I may just read through the disciples prayer in Luke 11 and reword it to make it new and my own. But a template for prayer from the son of God is pretty awesome!!

Upvote 0