Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,150.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I would to thank everyone who have answered to my prayer request.
I would like to say that, many times I managed to find contentment (I didn't worried about this problem). But there is always something that happens and makes me think again that this problem is a brake for my pesonal development and I can't manage to find contentment anymore. Moreover, unfortunately, the world is made like this, appearance worth more than all.
I have never had an answer from God for this problem, that's why I am still praying him about that.
Thanks a lot,
God Bless You,

Benji

quote-a-man-can-be-short-and-dumpy-and-getting-bald-but-if-he-has-fire-women-will-like-him-mae-west-31-18-29.jpg

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hiya @benji7!

Well, I might have come here late but I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Benji, we all have that one thing (or 10 or more :doh:) that we are so insecure of, which some times or most of the times, can affect the way we are and think etc.
But at the end of the day, we were born as we are. Short, tall, blonde, brunette etc...
That should NOT define who you are in your heart, soul and mind.
God loves us regardless. Growing tall In Faith, will definitely makes us unique and awesome. You are awesome.

Keep us posted.
:pray:

Upvote 0

benji7

Jul 20, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your prayers. Look4hope, I would like to say you that it is not just a complex. It's more than that. Yes you're right, all have one thing that we are insecure of. For exemple, I would have prefer to have brown hair but it's not important...
Concerning my size, I was always the smallest person at school but I didn't worry about that because everyone said me that I will grow up later. In my child's head, I said me that I will grow taller later so I didn't worry about that and I had no complex. I said me that this hard time would be finished when I will grow up. However, at 18 yo, I was still small (1m60 or 5'1). At this moment, I began to develop a complex. Today, I'm 23 and I am still small (less than 5'2). More than a simple complex, I feel that I have been betrayed and it creates feelings of frustration that I can't overcome.
That's why, I think I will decide to go to the hospital for surgery (osseous lengthening surgery).

Before that, what I find strange in your replies, it is that no one say me that God can answer my pray but everyone say that I have to accept me as I am, that God loves me. Yes I know that. But, why God could heal a cancer and not a problem of size due to health problem. Because, my size problem is due to health problem during my childhood (anorexia nervosa). Now this problem is almost heal. But this small size makes me think of this health problem. So I belive that I'am not totally heal because there are still aftereffect (small size).

Thank you for your prayers

Benji

Upvote 0

benji7

Jul 20, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
2018... same problem. I can't stand this small height anymore. My christian life is hard because of another problem (bad habits, thoughts) and I think that's why God can't answer to my prayers.
I still continue praying for this small height (160cm , 5'2) ... but I just cannot stand anymore. Sometimes, I am well but sometimes, things of life make me think again to this small height (recent example : a girl who say, that she couldn't be with a guy smaller than her... ahhhhh I wanted to die when I heard that). In any case, it's the same for me, I don't feel like a man with a taller girl...
It's not necessary to explain all the things like that that make me think again to my small height and heart me, there are so much cases like that ... A 18 yo girl was embarrassed because I seemed like a 16 yo man whereas I am 25...
I am 25, people think I am 16/17 (I have a baby face), I just can't stand anymore with that. God, please, answer me ! I don't want to live a life like that. Having remarks or mockeries because I am christian, it's ok , no problem but not because of my appearance. God, please, make me grow taller and make me feel like a normal man of 25 !
I am really at the end! I need an answer from you, GOD

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray to God that your prayers will be answered. However, it is important to remember that it is possible to be small and successful. Look at Tom Cruise, Kevin Hart, or Isaiah Thomas. They are below average height, for their fields, but have accomplished a lot more than the average man. I wish I had been able to accomplish so much.

I pray for you though. I pray that you will have unexpected growing pains and reach 6'.

Having a baby face isn't all bad though. It can be good for people to think you are young instead of old.

Reactions: Sunshine21
Upvote 0

benji7

Jul 20, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I pray to God that your prayers will be answered. However, it is important to remember that it is possible to be small and successful. Look at Tom Cruise, Kevin Hart, or Isaiah Thomas. They are below average height, for their fields, but have accomplished a lot more than the average man. I wish I had been able to accomplish so much.

I pray for you though. I pray that you will have unexpected growing pains and reach 6'.

Having a baby face isn't all bad though. It can be good for people to think you are young instead of old.

Hi SnowTiger,

Amen ! All is possible for God and I believe in Him !
It makes me feel happy to see that you are aware of my psychological suffering. Thank you a lot.
Tom Cruise is 5.6 feet which is already higher than and more accepted (it's small but not extremely small like me).
Thank you again SnowTiger.

Upvote 0

benji7

Jul 20, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
May God surround you with people who will cherish you for being you. You are valuable just the way you are. Praying for you!

I am already surrounded with people who cherish me (family, friend of my church...) but I can't stand my height because of the surprise/embarrassment in the people eyes. Moreover, I have understand that girls prefer a guy taller than her (which appears to be normal). They can fall in love with a smaller guy but it's a thing that embarrassed her. And it's the same for me. I would like to fell like a real man (tall that can protect his girlfriend).
As a man, I don't fell like a real man that could protect a girl... It's just one problem among many other :
- people don't take you seriously (at work, customers).
- some mockeries
- it often embarrassed people of my age (friends, at work, with customers, grils again). And it embarrassed me (ex : during business trip, I had to stop and eat in a restaurant alone and I heard the waiter say : "It's so sad, He is alone". The waiter believed that I was a child. No, I am a 25 yo young man.

I'm sorry to say that, bu lots of people say to me : "It's not important, your are valuable as you are, some girl like small guy, .........." It's normal, no one say to me : Yes you're right, you are not lucky, it's hard for a guy to be small... It's called to be tactful (i don't know if you understand the word). But when I heard conversation, or in internet, most people think like me : be small for a guy is hard in lots of domain in our society (with customer at work, relationships, girls...).

So I decided to see the reality in front of me and say stop to this small height. The only solution : grow taller. My moral become worse. I am the end and bad black thought start to appear in my head. It makes more than 10 years that I am aware of my small height and I carry this burden.

God bless you all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I believe You have already answered benji's prayer, and he just hasn't recognized or accepted it. May he read of the story of the life of Nick Voijicic and possibly come to the same peace he did, with an answer from the gospel of John on why he was born without any legs or arms. Yes, there will be problems with people, but those problems, one by one as they come, can be great opportunities to share the power of God. Father, I pray that Your power will be manifested in benji's life. I pray that he will one day come to me strong in the Spirit, a diamond that is polished; one whose inner peace attracts people to know the secret (of the Lord) in his life. I pray he will come to want to do things Your way, and not his way (growing taller). I think of Fanny Crosby, blinded as a small child by a doctor's mistake, who went on to be one of the greatest hymn writers of all time, who said she would not want to receive her sight back in this life, but would want the first thing that she ever sees again to be the face of Jesus in heaven. I pray that the inspiring stories that benji hears will sink in, and not be rejected. May he give his life and his body, all five foot two inches of it to You. Luke 22:42. Amen.

Upvote 0