✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neighbor's child takes theatre classes every summer
have asked the mom, who is Christian, how to find out about said classes and she avoided answering me

found out how to get newsletter and it came out today and it said summer classes are filled already

so apparently, there must be a "secret email list" but my Christian neighbor won't tell me probably because of the competitiveness
our children play together and are in the same grade

is this right?
competitiveness overrides Christian kindness?

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
neighbor's child takes theatre classes every summer
have asked the mom, who is Christian, how to find out about said classes and she avoided answering me

found out how to get newsletter and it came out today and it said summer classes are filled already

so apparently, there must be a "secret email list" but my Christian neighbor won't tell me probably because of the competitiveness
my child is in the same grade and our children play together all the time

is this right?
competitiveness overrides Christian kindness?

Maybe she was being kind to the other parents who do have their kids in the classes. If your child really wants to learn theatre, find another theatre school.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
reason why wanted to get in our town's classes is because I have fibromyalgia and driving far is tiring for me

two summer ago, when asked the mom and she refused me info, did drive child daily to and from a theatre program out of town

spent over two hours driving each day and it was exhausting for me
know that doesn't seem much to most people but is for me
our local program is about 5 min away which would be SO helpful for me

Have you approached the school and shared with them about your circumstances? Maybe they'd make an exception in your case and let your child in.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you approached the school and shared with them about your circumstances? Maybe they'd make an exception in your case and let your child in.

too late this summer AGAIN as it's filled
but did reply to newsletter email today asking how to get on "secret list" , lol

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people are just like that, christian or not.......I don't know why. You would think another christian mom would be friendly and not withhold info though. Is this through the schools or just a community group? I would e-mail them or call directly next year in like Feb. and then when you see the other mom in the group bringing her kid to the same class be like "oh hi there!"

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
too late this summer AGAIN as it's filled
but did reply to newsletter email today asking how to get on "secret list" , lol

Why don't you try going to the school to talk to someone? Why don't you try making a phone call to the school? Why don't you take these steps?

Upvote 0