Comparing the Presidential Christmas message

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Howso? Only one mentioned the Reason for the Season.

Liberal says Happy Holidays - conservative says war on Christmas because Christmas not mentioned.
Liberal says Merry Christmas - conservative says war on Jesus because he did not mention Christ, just Christmas.

Liberals know so many ways to conduct war on Christmas, conservatives point them out.

Trump loves Jesus. Biden not so much....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Liberal says Happy Holidays - conservative says war on Christmas because Christmas not mentioned.
Liberal says Merry Christmas - conservative says war on Jesus because he did not mention Christ, just Christmas.

Liberals know so many ways to conduct war on Christmas, conservatives point them out.

Trump loves Jesus. Biden must not....

The only one speaking of a war on Christmas here is......you.

I thought it an interesting comparison - both addressed the pandemic - the one that the left touts as a devout Catholic said nothing of the birth of Christ in his Christmas address and the one they consider a reprobate heathen sinner spends a fair amount of time speaking of Jesus and His message.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

and

I found the comparison interesting - Seems one completely left Jesus out.
Neither left out Jesus out. They both gave great Christmas messages, full of love. Both gave Christmas messages, which means "Christ Mass".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind "Happy Holidays" because the etymology of 'holiday' is Holy Day, and there are more than one Holy Days in Christmas-tide. All throughout December are the feasts of Christian heavy-hitters such as the Great Martyr Barbara, St. Nicholas, St. Spyridon, St. Ambrose, St. Maximus, etc. Then, after the feast of Christmas you have the 12 days of Christmas for example the Feast of St. Stephen the Protomartyr on Dec 27 (the Christmas carol "Good King Wenceslas" takes place on the Feast of Stephen), which leads to the Circumcision of our Lord eight days after Christmas, followed up with Theophany/Epiphany to close off the 12 days of Christmas. Then, you have the Synaxis of St. John the Baptist the day after Theophany.

SO, long story short there are many holy days in the holiday season, not just Christmas. Christmas is the major one, but not the only Holy Day.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind "Happy Holidays" because the etymology of 'holiday' is Holy Day, and there are more than one Holy Days in Christmas-tide. All throughout December are the feasts of Christian heavy-hitters such as the Great Martyr Barbara, St. Nicholas, St. Spyridon, St. Ambrose, St. Maximus, etc. Then, after the feast of Christmas you have the 12 days of Christmas for example the Feast of St. Stephen the Protomartyr on Dec 27 (the Christmas carol "Good King Wenceslas" takes place on the Feast of Stephen), which leads to the Circumcision of our Lord eight days after Christmas, followed up with Theophany/Epiphany to close off the 12 days of Christmas. Then, you have the Synaxis of St. John the Baptist the day after Theophany.

SO, long story short there are many holy days in the holiday season, not just Christmas. Christmas is the major one, but not the only Holy Day.

What is Christmas the celebration of?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

and

I found the comparison interesting - Seems one completely left Jesus out.

Matt 7:21-23 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The war on Christmas continues!
I have a Wiccan friend you tells me that Christians have actually yelled at her when she wished them happy Yule.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0