US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Had a job interview that I really wanted. Had it rescheduled because my car died in the middle of the road trying to get to the interview and towed for $230... Well I get the interview rescheduled and the HR lady sent me the wrong date in an email. She scheduled it Tuesday September 5th at 3:10pm. I showed up the 5th at 3:10pm well she had scheduled it for the 4th which was Tuesday. I go down there in a borrowed car and I had to cancel a shift I picked up to make the interview. The interview er would not see me because he was doing a training infact the security guard and another hr ladyHR lady checked my phone multiple times to make sure I even had an interview. Which clearly it showed I did.

Anyway I emailed the lady who messed up I was mad but I tried to say you know everyone makes mistakes. I sent her an email and she didn't even email me back the next day. I had to call her the following day only for her to admit that she sent it wrong but instead of owning it and trying to fix it she said oh I just hopped you would show up the right day.

I am really angry about it. She knew she messed up and didn't care enough to call and fix it.

Then she said I'm going out of state for two weeks so I'll see if I can reschedule you when I get back.

Really mad and I feel like I can't do anything about it except write it off and just apply elsewhere. I've been trying to get in this field for 3 years since I graduated and had to go an extra $24,000 in debt just to get an interview scheduled wrong.

As much as I need a job I don't want to work there anymore and I'm angry.

Thoughts anyone?

Uncle Mikey

Declare all that thou seest.
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
✟10,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had to call her the following day only for her to admit that she sent it wrong but instead of owning it and trying to fix it she said oh I just hopped you would show up the right day.
Imagine working there for a year, anticipating a raise or promotion, only to have the same shenanigans and incompetence happen again.

HR has really gone downhill over the years unfortunately.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: This might be difficult to realize right now, but as you said Angel, it might be a blessing that you won't be working there. i've been there, dear heart, and looked back, thankful that some opportunities did not work out. This song comes to mind regarding those "knock-down" times and "losses" of all kinds. In the meantime, hang in there. Praying for you sister. It wasn't a "waste of time" precious, it was a "learning experience" that you survived through. (((hug)))

"She believed she could, so she did." ~Anonymous

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: God really DOES mooooove mountains, Angel and He "raises us up" and He IS the "Lifter of our head". May you see His hand mooooving on your behalf as only HE can. TRUST Him. He is a GOOD God. May you see Him unfolding your future and your hope right before your eyes, sister. Praying. (((hug)))

"But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." ~Ps 3:3

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well my only thought is maybe God doesn't want you to work there. He sure did put some big obstacles in your path to getting a job there. Seeing as how rude & unprofessional that HR person was, well you have to think about how employees are treated.

Getting towed, all that, well that still hurts your wallet big time, is a big frustration. You do surely have my sympathies on account of that.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What it probably indicates is a massive disconnect between HR and everybody else at the plant. It’s sadly typical.

I ended up doing several “emergency” interviews for my department because HR notified us that the new candidate was here now for the interview.... and NOBODY in the whole department including the manager had been contacted to notify us of the interview prior to the fellow showing up....

Were you able to get contact info with the interviewing manager? If so - try circling around with him directly and see if you can schedule a follow up interview with him personally.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What it probably indicates is a massive disconnect between HR and everybody else at the plant. It’s sadly typical.

I ended up doing several “emergency” interviews for my department because HR notified us that the new candidate was here now for the interview.... and NOBODY in the whole department including the manager had been contacted to notify us of the interview prior to the fellow showing up....

Were you able to get contact info with the interviewing manager? If so - try circling around with him directly and see if you can schedule a follow up interview with him personally.

I had to do that last time when my car died in the road. He basically just told me the hr lady would check his calendar and reschedule me. So she did and she messed up. I'm really stressed about money and my life. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I just know I'm tired of working jobs that are below me when I have a science degree. I'm tired of pharmacy jobs that pay $14/hr when I was doing research at a university. I can't get any good jobs and there really aren't any in my area and I can't move. I need help from someone who is good at money. I'm so desperate. I've been struggling for years trying to figure out how to make money it's all I think about.

• Prayers
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Really mad and I feel like I can't do anything about it except write it off and just apply elsewhere. I've been trying to get in this field for 3 years since I graduated and had to go an extra $24,000 in debt just to get an interview scheduled wrong.
That's a lot of money for an interview scheduled wrong. You might try to sue them for it, but you'd have to demonstrate to the court that they really did cost you the $24,000 by the incorrectly scheduled interview.

Upvote 0