Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Companies and what they will be doing with the money they save because of the Trump tax cuts:

AAON
ACCUWEATHER
ADVANCE FINANCIAL

AFLAC
ALASKA AIR - AMERICACOLLECT - AMERICAN AIRLINES - AMERICAN BANK
AMERICAN SAVINGS BANK - AQUESTA FINANCIAL HOLDINGS - ASSOCIATED BANK
ASSURANT - AT&T - BALL VENTURES - BALTIMORE GAS & ELETRIC
BANCORP SOUTH - BANK MIDWEST - BANK OF AMERICA - BANK OF COLORADO
BANK OF HAWAII - BANK OF THE JAMES | BANK OF THE OZARKS | BB&T | BERKSHIRE HILLS BANK | BLESSEY MARINE | BOEING | CANARY LLC | CARL BLACK AUTOMOTIVE GROUP | CENTRAL BANK | CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK | CHARLOTTE PIPE AND FOUNDRY | CITIZENS BANK | CLAYTON DISTILLERY | COLLING PEST SOLUTIONS| COMCAST | COMERICA | COMMERCE BANK | COMMONWEALTH EDISON | COMMUNITY TRUST BANK | COPPERLEAF ASSISTED LIVING | CORNERSTONE HOLDINGS | CUSTOMERS BANK | DARDEN RESTAURANTS | DAYTON T. BROWN INC. | DENIZENS BREWING COMPANY | DEPATCO | DIME COMMUNITY BANK | EAGLE RIDGE RANCH | EASTIDAHONEWS.COM | ELITE CLINICAL TRIALS | ELITE ROOFING SYSTEMS | EMKAY | ENNIS INC. | EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PRC | FIDELITY | FIFTH THIRD BANK | FIRST FARMERS BANK | FIRST FINANCIAL | FIRST FINANCIAL NORTHWEST | FIRST HAWAIIAN BANK | FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP | FIRSTCAPITAL BANK OF TEXAS | FLEMING CAR AND TRUCK COUNTRY | THE FLOOD INSURANCE AGENCY | FORT RANCH | FRANK L. VANDERSLOOT FOUNDATION | GARDNER COMPANY | GATE CITY BANK | GET FOUND FIRST | GNARLY BARLEY | GREAT SOUTHERN BANK | GREAT WESTERN BANK | GULF COAST BANK | HARBORONE BANK | THE HARTFORD | IAT INSURANCE GROUP | INB | INUNISON INC. | ISG | JETBLUE | JORDAN WINERY | KANSAS CITY SOUTHERN | KAUAI CATTLE LLC | KEY BANK | LAWRENCE PAPER COMPANY | MAINSOURCE FINANCIAL | MB FINANCIAL | MELALEUCA| MERIDIAN BANK | MID-AM | MOVE IT OR LOSE IT MOVING LLC | MUSICNOTES | NATIONAL BANK HOLDINGS CORP | NATIONWIDE | NATURAL GUARDIAN | NAVIENT | NELNET | NEPHRON PHARMACEUTICALS | NEW LIBERTY DISTILLERY | NORTHPOINT APARTMENTS| OCEANFIRST | OHNWARD BUSINESS | OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMMISSION | PACIFIC POWER | PEPCO | PINNACLE | PIONEER CREDIT RECOVERY | PNC BANK | REGIONS FINANCIAL| RESIDENT CONSTRUCTION LLC | RIVERBEND COMMUNICATIONS | RIVERBEND MANAGEMENT, INC. | RIVERBEND RANCH | RIVERBEND SERVICES | ROCKY MOUNTAIN POWER | ROYAL HAWAIIAN HERITAGE JEWELRY | RUSH ENTERPRISES | SHEFFER CORPORATION | SHOPRITE| SINCLAIR BROADCAST | SMITH CHEVROLET | SMITH HONDA | SMITH RV | SOUTH POINT| SOUTHWEST | STEEL DESIGN LLC | STIFEL FINANCIAL CORP. | STIFEL NICHOLAS | SUMMIT STATE BANK | SUN TRUST | TCF FINANCIAL | TERRITORIAL SAVINGS BANK | TEXAS CAPITAL BANK | TOTAL SYSTEM SERVICES | TRAVELERS | TURNING POINT | U.S. BANK | UNITY BANK | UPS | VISA | WALMART | WASHINGTON BANK | WASHINGTON FEDERAL | WASTE MANAGEMENT| WEBSTER BANK | WELLS FARGO | WESTERN ALLIANCE | WHITE PINE WINERY | WILLOW CREEK WOODWORKS | WINDSOR FEDERAL SAVINGS | YAM WORLDWIDE |

Feel free- click on the links and see.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every one of those companies credited the Republican and Presidents tax cuts. Everyone of those companies are helping their employees and customers.

And people will still not give credit, where credit is do.

James Carville's phrase "It's the economy stupid" is about to become popular again.

• Winner
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's great for them but i don't work for any of those companies, so why should I care?

You shouldn't care - why would you like that millions of people are benefiting from the tax cuts if it doesn't effect you personally.

Of course when it comes time for those millions of people to vote in 2018, the extra money in their pockets just might effect their decision making.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You shouldn't care - why would you like that millions of people are benefiting from the tax cuts if it doesn't effect you personally.
That's a good question. Why would I?

Of course when it comes time for those millions of people to vote in 2018, the extra money in their pockets just might effect their decision making.
Unless those people are from Haiti or El Salvador or some other ----hole country, or related to someone from them.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's a good question. Why would I?

Unless those people are from Haiti or El Salvador or some other ----hole country, or related to someone from them.

is that opinion or reality?

how many of the current 1,400,000 employees who are benefiting from the tax plan are from those countries and why would that matter?

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
is that opinion or reality?

how many of the current 1,400,000 employees who are benefiting from the tax plan are from those countries and why would that matter?
Well if they at all disagree with the President's recent comments they might not be so keen on voting for the guy despite the the small raise. I don't for a second think his comments will alienate his most ardent supporters but he still has time to dig himself in even deeper.

That's one thing I can count on with Trump. Whenever you think he's reached rock bottom, he finds a way to go even lower.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am very glad to see that many people will be getting a raise, it's about time.
One thing I noticed was that the largest group represented here are financial services. They also gave the largest wage increases and bonuses when compared to Walmart. I wonder why that is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am very glad to see that many people will be getting a raise, it's about time.
One thing I noticed was that the largest group represented here are financial services. They also gave the largest wage increases and bonuses when compared to Walmart. I wonder why that is.
Where the fat cats butter their bread.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Companies and what they will be doing with the money they save because of the Trump tax cuts:

AAON
ACCUWEATHER
ADVANCE FINANCIAL

AFLAC
ALASKA AIR - AMERICACOLLECT - AMERICAN AIRLINES - AMERICAN BANK
AMERICAN SAVINGS BANK - AQUESTA FINANCIAL HOLDINGS - ASSOCIATED BANK
ASSURANT - AT&T - BALL VENTURES - BALTIMORE GAS & ELETRIC
BANCORP SOUTH - BANK MIDWEST - BANK OF AMERICA - BANK OF COLORADO
BANK OF HAWAII - BANK OF THE JAMES | BANK OF THE OZARKS | BB&T | BERKSHIRE HILLS BANK | BLESSEY MARINE | BOEING | CANARY LLC | CARL BLACK AUTOMOTIVE GROUP | CENTRAL BANK | CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK | CHARLOTTE PIPE AND FOUNDRY | CITIZENS BANK | CLAYTON DISTILLERY | COLLING PEST SOLUTIONS| COMCAST | COMERICA | COMMERCE BANK | COMMONWEALTH EDISON | COMMUNITY TRUST BANK | COPPERLEAF ASSISTED LIVING | CORNERSTONE HOLDINGS | CUSTOMERS BANK | DARDEN RESTAURANTS | DAYTON T. BROWN INC. | DENIZENS BREWING COMPANY | DEPATCO | DIME COMMUNITY BANK | EAGLE RIDGE RANCH | EASTIDAHONEWS.COM | ELITE CLINICAL TRIALS | ELITE ROOFING SYSTEMS | EMKAY | ENNIS INC. | EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PRC | FIDELITY | FIFTH THIRD BANK | FIRST FARMERS BANK | FIRST FINANCIAL | FIRST FINANCIAL NORTHWEST | FIRST HAWAIIAN BANK | FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP | FIRSTCAPITAL BANK OF TEXAS | FLEMING CAR AND TRUCK COUNTRY | THE FLOOD INSURANCE AGENCY | FORT RANCH | FRANK L. VANDERSLOOT FOUNDATION | GARDNER COMPANY | GATE CITY BANK | GET FOUND FIRST | GNARLY BARLEY | GREAT SOUTHERN BANK | GREAT WESTERN BANK | GULF COAST BANK | HARBORONE BANK | THE HARTFORD | IAT INSURANCE GROUP | INB | INUNISON INC. | ISG | JETBLUE | JORDAN WINERY | KANSAS CITY SOUTHERN | KAUAI CATTLE LLC | KEY BANK | LAWRENCE PAPER COMPANY | MAINSOURCE FINANCIAL | MB FINANCIAL | MELALEUCA| MERIDIAN BANK | MID-AM | MOVE IT OR LOSE IT MOVING LLC | MUSICNOTES | NATIONAL BANK HOLDINGS CORP | NATIONWIDE | NATURAL GUARDIAN | NAVIENT | NELNET | NEPHRON PHARMACEUTICALS | NEW LIBERTY DISTILLERY | NORTHPOINT APARTMENTS| OCEANFIRST | OHNWARD BUSINESS | OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMMISSION | PACIFIC POWER | PEPCO | PINNACLE | PIONEER CREDIT RECOVERY | PNC BANK | REGIONS FINANCIAL| RESIDENT CONSTRUCTION LLC | RIVERBEND COMMUNICATIONS | RIVERBEND MANAGEMENT, INC. | RIVERBEND RANCH | RIVERBEND SERVICES | ROCKY MOUNTAIN POWER | ROYAL HAWAIIAN HERITAGE JEWELRY | RUSH ENTERPRISES | SHEFFER CORPORATION | SHOPRITE| SINCLAIR BROADCAST | SMITH CHEVROLET | SMITH HONDA | SMITH RV | SOUTH POINT| SOUTHWEST | STEEL DESIGN LLC | STIFEL FINANCIAL CORP. | STIFEL NICHOLAS | SUMMIT STATE BANK | SUN TRUST | TCF FINANCIAL | TERRITORIAL SAVINGS BANK | TEXAS CAPITAL BANK | TOTAL SYSTEM SERVICES | TRAVELERS | TURNING POINT | U.S. BANK | UNITY BANK | UPS | VISA | WALMART | WASHINGTON BANK | WASHINGTON FEDERAL | WASTE MANAGEMENT| WEBSTER BANK | WELLS FARGO | WESTERN ALLIANCE | WHITE PINE WINERY | WILLOW CREEK WOODWORKS | WINDSOR FEDERAL SAVINGS | YAM WORLDWIDE |

Feel free- click on the links and see.
Some investment is necessary.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where the fat cats butter their bread.
Do you suppose they made some agreements in order to get what they wanted in the bill and they are looking forward to more regulations being removed.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you suppose they made some agreements in order to get what they wanted in the bill and they are looking forward to more regulations being removed.
Heavens No! Corporations care about their employees and the public. They would never want to sacrifice safety or take unfair advantage of consumers. How dare you even hint of such dastardly agendas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they can hire the people my company just laid off!

That is the other side of it, many of these companies announced bonuses at the same time they were laying off workers. Also, the fact that most of these companies seem to give bonuses -- and not wage increases, makes me question how serious these companies are about sharing the wealth they believe they are going to save.

My favorite on the list is Walmart, who closed 63 stores (which likely saves enough money to pay for the increases) with absolutely no notice in many cases -- people came to work this morning only to find their store had closed.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Every one of those companies credited the Republican and Presidents tax cuts. Everyone of those companies are helping their employees and customers.

And people will still not give credit, where credit is do.

James Carville's phrase "It's the economy stupid" is about to become popular again.
only got to 2nd link and they didn't credit republicans or tax cuts.....

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
only got to 2nd link and they didn't credit republicans or tax cuts.....

Really? The second one is accuweather.

From the link:

AccuWeather Global Weather Center - December 26, 2017 - AccuWeather, the world's fastest-growing provider of forecasts and warnings and a global leader in digital media and weather-related big data, today announced it is pleased to be providing special year-end bonuses to all employees. AccuWeather said the bonuses are possible due to the company's robust financial performance in 2017 and strong confidence in the growing U.S. and global economy now that the Tax Bill has passed.

Maybe you should read past the headline? This is the second paragraph

• Winner
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's great for them but I don't work for any of those companies, so why should I care?
More importantly, why should I be exited to subsidize their expansion using government debt?

Are they at least willing to take a drug test before they get this kind of welfare?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
More importantly, why should I be exited to subsidize their expansion using government debt?
Corporations are the most important kinds of people. Way more important than us and especially more important than those Haitians and Africans.

Are they at least willing to take a drug test before they get this kind of welfare?
Seems only fair. If they get any amount of my money then I get a say in how their executives should live their lives.

Upvote 0