Communion (the Lord's Supper)

How often do you have the Lord's Supper?

• Once a year

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Once a month

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Once a week

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Everyday (really? Incredible)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Like how many times do I really need to take Communion if a regular dose is not prescribed in Scripture?

You make it sound like a medicine. It makes me wonder what you consider to be the purpose of communion?

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Going to church knowing I will eat a cracker and drink grape juice every week would feel like I'm going to work. It would be better if I did not know when communion will take place.
Kind of like an 'ambush makeover' on the Hoda and Jenna show.

• Haha
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You make it sound like a medicine. It makes me wonder what you consider to be the purpose of communion?

LOL I know. Variety is the spice of life and I don't want to go to church thinking, "I will hear this again."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
LOL I know. Variety is the spice of life and I don't want to go to church thinking, "I will hear this again."
Taken to its logical conclusion, we ought not go to church ever. No matter what the denomination, the format is going to be quite predictable from one Sunday to the next.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are not getting it Albion. I am specifically talking about Communion, not the whole church service.
I think you didn't get it. If communion is boring because you've seen it before, so is sing a hymn, listen to a sermon, sing another song, pass the plate, etc.

If Communion is boring when observed weekly, so is the whole service.

If, however, you do find the whole worship service to be boring, I am not about to try to argue you out of it.

Upvote 0