Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I will admit I don't know if this is the right spot for this. I mean.. everything and the kitchen sink right?
Anyways. My church does communion meditation. We also do communion every week. I am speaking on November 12. I have to write mine a few weeks prior due to needing my pastor to look over it (I am still new to the whole writing and speaking thing during church)
I finished my first draft of what's been on my heart a while and am hoping I could maybe get some input. Grammar corrections and what not. I know the scripture is sound it's just the rest I need to make sure I am getting across. Thanks all!

With yesterday being Rememberance Day, it seems like the everywhere I turned, I would hear the word SACRIFICE. Now in and of itself, the word is quite simple. 3 syllabels, not too hard to spell. But it is when we dig deeper to understand its meaning that this word can truly change our lives. For the unchurched, a soldier's sacrifice of life can be enough to drive them to try and do better, to attempt to DESERVE it. As believer's, our Savior's sacrifice was also freely given, and we didn't deserve it at all. But thinking on the word the last few days, and after watching The Shack...yet again. I started thinking about The Father's sacrifice as well. And with it being the day it was yesterday, I found myself in a unique position to maybe better understand the sacrifice that he gave... in sending his son to die.
Turning it back to Rememberence Day and the lives the soldiers gave for a moment. I started thinking more and more about the parent and loved ones that were left behind. The ones that waved goodbye.. praying their son, husband, or brother would come back to them. And yet - knowing there was a chance they wouldn't. See.... it strikes a chord with me. The idea of sending someone I love, to maybe die. And yet that may be the very thing I am asked to do. My brother is a Combat Engineer with the Canadian Armed Forces. And while I couldn't be more proud of him... I would keep him here, on Canadian soil. Where it's more or less safe for him. Instead of overseas fighting a war for a people I don't know. So yes. I am selfish. I readily admit it. But God the Father was not! (Which, thankfully for us. Is the basis of our faith) While I understand the idea of the trinity as much as my human brain can comprehend.. I do also understant that there was a Father figure who would have sent his son, Jesus, to die. Knowing he WOULD die. There was no if. There was no maybe. God the Father, loved you, loved me - enough to send his own son to die. In all honestly, I have been trying to wrap my head around that fact for some weeks now. The first part of Roman's 8:32 says it pretty point blank to me "He who did not spare his own Son, "let me read that again. "HE WHO DID NOT SPARE HIS OWN SON, BUT GAVE HIM UP FOR US ALL" the verse goes on to mention how he will graciously give us all things. But what more could we ask for. His son's life was given. Freely. Painfully. So that our mistakes; past, present, and future would be forgiven. And so that we may be brought into a right relationship with the loving Father.
So while I thank Jesus daily for the suffering he bore so that I wouldn't have to, I wanted to take a moment today to thank the Father. For sending His son because He couldn't bare the thought of being without me.

On the night he was betrayed he took the break and broke it, saying this is my body broken for you. In the same way he took the cup after dinner and said this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many

Let us pray.
Father we thank you, not just for the sacrifice of your Son, but for the sacrifice you made in sending him. In being apart from him. While we were still sinner's you sent him to die. Because you desired relationship with us that much. We are humbled by what you both so freely gave. And we know that

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think there's probably a bunch of Christian only advice forums around here that you should post this. Kitchen Sink is open to everyone. Having said that, and with the caveat that I have never head of "communion meditation" before, I do alot of critical review. so....

"Now in and of itself, the word is quite simple. 3 syllabels, not too hard to spell."

Lose this sentence altogether. it's silly and pointless in the context of what you are talking about, and you misspelled Syllable...which is kind of ironic.

"unchurched" means not connected to a church. It doesn't necessarily mean not a Christian. In otherwords, it is possible to be an unchurched believer.

Towards the end you write break instead of bread.

I don't find your empathy in the middle bit believable nor appropriately juxtaposed, since you have no actual say in whether or not your brother serves overseas.

Otherwise looked Ok to me.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,512.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Worship Ministry forum.
Please note and abide by the SOP of this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

On topic, ShadowsChild, you might find it helpful to mention what denomination you belong to. Different denominations have different expectations around this kind of thing, and it will help people to give you feedback relevant to your context.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I will admit I don't know if this is the right spot for this. I mean.. everything and the kitchen sink right?
Anyways. My church does communion meditation. We also do communion every week. I am speaking on November 12. I have to write mine a few weeks prior due to needing my pastor to look over it (I am still new to the whole writing and speaking thing during church)
I finished my first draft of what's been on my heart a while and am hoping I could maybe get some input. Grammar corrections and what not. I know the scripture is sound it's just the rest I need to make sure I am getting across. Thanks all!

With yesterday being Rememberance Day, it seems like the everywhere I turned, I would hear the word SACRIFICE. Now in and of itself, the word is quite simple. 3 syllabels, not too hard to spell. But it is when we dig deeper to understand its meaning that this word can truly change our lives. For the unchurched, a soldier's sacrifice of life can be enough to drive them to try and do better, to attempt to DESERVE it. As believer's, our Savior's sacrifice was also freely given, and we didn't deserve it at all. But thinking on the word the last few days, and after watching The Shack...yet again. I started thinking about The Father's sacrifice as well. And with it being the day it was yesterday, I found myself in a unique position to maybe better understand the sacrifice that he gave... in sending his son to die.
Turning it back to Rememberence Day and the lives the soldiers gave for a moment. I started thinking more and more about the parent and loved ones that were left behind. The ones that waved goodbye.. praying their son, husband, or brother would come back to them. And yet - knowing there was a chance they wouldn't. See.... it strikes a chord with me. The idea of sending someone I love, to maybe die. And yet that may be the very thing I am asked to do. My brother is a Combat Engineer with the Canadian Armed Forces. And while I couldn't be more proud of him... I would keep him here, on Canadian soil. Where it's more or less safe for him. Instead of overseas fighting a war for a people I don't know. So yes. I am selfish. I readily admit it. But God the Father was not! (Which, thankfully for us. Is the basis of our faith) While I understand the idea of the trinity as much as my human brain can comprehend.. I do also understant that there was a Father figure who would have sent his son, Jesus, to die. Knowing he WOULD die. There was no if. There was no maybe. God the Father, loved you, loved me - enough to send his own son to die. In all honestly, I have been trying to wrap my head around that fact for some weeks now. The first part of Roman's 8:32 says it pretty point blank to me "He who did not spare his own Son, "let me read that again. "HE WHO DID NOT SPARE HIS OWN SON, BUT GAVE HIM UP FOR US ALL" the verse goes on to mention how he will graciously give us all things. But what more could we ask for. His son's life was given. Freely. Painfully. So that our mistakes; past, present, and future would be forgiven. And so that we may be brought into a right relationship with the loving Father.
So while I thank Jesus daily for the suffering he bore so that I wouldn't have to, I wanted to take a moment today to thank the Father. For sending His son because He couldn't bare the thought of being without me.

On the night he was betrayed he took the break and broke it, saying this is my body broken for you. In the same way he took the cup after dinner and said this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many

Let us pray.
Father we thank you, not just for the sacrifice of your Son, but for the sacrifice you made in sending him. In being apart from him. While we were still sinner's you sent him to die. Because you desired relationship with us that much. We are humbled by what you both so freely gave. And we know that
"He spared not His Son,
'Tis this that silences each rising fear.
'Tis this that bids the hard thought disappear.
He spared not His Son."

We actually sang this hymn by Horatius Bonar this morning.

Upvote 0