GA
✟22,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am a member of an Independent Baptist Church and we do the Lord's Supper about once a year. I would feel a lot more comfortable doing it once a week. If I do it at home, am I committing some error? I have been reading on 1 Corinthians 11 and am convicted that I should do it more frequently than once a year.

Thank you and I would love scriptural references that back up thoughts.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore

Dustoff

May 28, 2017
Ontario
✟87,718.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do it sometimes by myself and sometimes with my wife or a friend. Partly because I haven't been to church for a while. Sometimes when I fast I finish this way. Remembering that an answer to prayer isn't just God doing something for me but remembering there was a price paid for it. There are no hard and fast rules laid down for when or how to do it. I think it is a great way to draw close to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,582.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
For the sake of your conscience, how about encouraging your pastor to administer it every week to you and whoever would like it? Speaking from the perspective of one in the pastoral office, it's my joy in the Lord to serve people with His Word and gifts of Baptism and the Eucharist. I'm confident your pastor would be glad to serve you, for that is precisely what he has been called to do!

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am a member of an Independent Baptist Church and we do the Lord's Supper about once a year. I would feel a lot more comfortable doing it once a week. If I do it at home, am I committing some error?
Before Covid we made fun of Mormons who did communion at home when they were in an area without a Mormon congregation. During the pandemic, however, we had to do the same, albeit through zoom. But now that churches are open again, there is no need to do this. It is called communion because you give thanks and have communion with God and fellow Christians.

Most non-sacramental churches, such as Baptists, celebrate communion at least once-a-month. There is no need to attend a church that ignores this important ordinance for a whole year.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think taking communion with a body of believers should come first. But I've found taking communion by myself to be a very intimate and rewarding experience between myself and Jesus.

I'm not a Lutheran, but I referred to this video regarding taking communion at home:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums