Yorkshire, England
✟34,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
God....hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ - 2 Corinthians 4 : 6

The secret of becoming like Christ is to be occupied with Christ. For God in a wonderful way has made provision that we might reflect the glory of God as we are occupied with the face of Jesus Christ. The secret of a maintained life of purity and grace is that we should see His face every day. But oh, the attraction of that lovely face! God had this in mind when, away in the sixth chapter of numbers, He gave for all His people that wonderful Aaronic benediction in which we have that delightful sentence, "The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee."
The Psalmist repeats the idea when in Psalm 21 : 6 he writes, "Thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance."
There is no substitute for the face of Jesus Christ: unless I see His face I shall never reflect His glory. But oh, to look up morning by morning, and hour by hour, into the face of our incomparable Lord, till the glory that is there is reflected down here. Have you seen His face today? The great provision for holy living is the attractive face of Christ. It speaks of communion. Let me see Thy countenance; let me hear Thy voice.

Oh may no earthborn cloud arise,
To hide Thee from Thy servants eyes.

The communion, and the character. "They looked unto Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed." If the face of Jesus Christ, so attractive and so lovely, speaks of communion and character, then it offers us something of this tremendous treasure that we may know in these poor earthen vessels of ours. "Mine eyes are ever towards the Lord, and He shall pluck my feet out of the net."
Oh dear friend , be occupied with Christ and he will take care of your feet