Delhi
✟1,898.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like God told me that he wants me to call someone whose family I wronged in the past. But I don’t see the point of doing it. If I call them and apologize for what happened, they would think I’m an insensitive prankster and feel offended. Then they would either yell at me or hang up, or both.

Also, I appear to be having some communication issues with God. If God wishes that I make this phone call, fine. I’ll do it. But the family members’ phone numbers aren’t available on the Internet, so I asked God to telepathically transmit their numbers to me—but to no avail. God won’t give me their numbers, which seems to imply that I’m just hearing my own head and God doesn’t want me to call them, or that God isn’t communicating with me sufficiently.

I would like others to pray for me and ask God to give me the family members’ phone numbers. If God doesn’t want me to make those phone calls, I’d like to know if that is the case. Otherwise, I cannot call them.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yah Breathe Your Holy Breath into our lives and raise us up into the heavenly places with Messiah...and continue to speak to us as we seek Your Face...Being our every need, want, and desire...show us, clearly,the good works you have prepared for us. In Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems like God told me that he wants me to call someone whose family I wronged in the past. But I don’t see the point of doing it. If I call them and apologize for what happened, they would think I’m an insensitive prankster and feel offended. Then they would either yell at me or hang up, or both.

Also, I appear to be having some communication issues with God. If God wishes that I make this phone call, fine. I’ll do it. But the family members’ phone numbers aren’t available on the Internet, so I asked God to telepathically transmit their numbers to me—but to no avail. God won’t give me their numbers, which seems to imply that I’m just hearing my own head and God doesn’t want me to call them, or that God isn’t communicating with me sufficiently.

I would like others to pray for me and ask God to give me the family members’ phone numbers. If God doesn’t want me to make those phone calls, I’d like to know if that is the case. Otherwise, I cannot call them.

Well the AA theme is "made direct amends except when to do so would injure them or others". I made phone amends a few times and looking back, I wouldn't do it again. But it depends on what. I also made amends to a business owner when someone stole something and put it in my trunk, I paid him back in full on behalf of the thief. And that went OK, but the phone ones went bad.

I'll just pray for you to be guided by God I think :)

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think God works telepathically the majority of the time. I would assume if you are hearing Him correctly, you will cross paths with someone who knows the family and would have their numbers or stumble onto the numbers yourself by accident when you aren't even looking for them.

Until that happens, I would just ask God for further direction and then wait to see if anything happens. If nothing does, maybe it really was just your own idea and not from God.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pooja.. you have the right in Christ to ask your Father GOD to confirm to you what you heard if that was really of Him. I did it once. Granted if got answered in one day.. that like NEVER happens. I told Him before Church one night "I know you called me but.. can you please tell me again. You said in your word out of the mouth of two or three" That night..

At Church for the 1st time ever and then never ever happen again. Three people came up to me saying "you should be in the minster.. you should be a preacher" so forth so on.

Not quit the same..but might be. Well one day in Church this woman I knew.. I was like 16. She said. I had to ask my dad to forgive me. She was crying. She knew how mean my dad was. Awful things.. I had to ask him to forgive me?. You know what a nightmare that would be. Me thinking these things.

Well that next week.. I looked at the clock it was 8:30pm. I look over to my left and say "dad will you forgive me for ever hurting you?" He looks back says "yes..will you forgive me". You don't know my dad. A Xmarine very very mean. He had kids before. Said on said POP to him.. He said.. say it one more time.. The kid did.. Dad took his head put in the wall. You NEVER even looked mean to him.

So..to have him say sorry back? Holy Jesus.. so the next day I call that woman on the phone. Tell her I did it. She asks me "was it about 8:30 last night when you did this?" I said.. YES how did you know? Shes said "the lord told me to pray for you right then" See she prayed 4+hours a day.. read that bible all the time.. anyway

Point being.. in my case.. God used me.. to get to him. Even though..and some might not understand.. even though he was in the wrong.. I am under his roof.. am his kid. Obey your parents. See.. God never wanted anything but to LOVE him. As long as there was any kind of hate or forgiveness. The lord could not help him.

Maybe the lord is trying to work in there lifes and they are holding something against you..or you are in the wrong.. and God is doing something AWESOME..wants to.. you need to ask them to forgive you. No matter what they say.. obey GOD and He will reward

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you wrong someone in the past, it would be totally appropriate for you to apologize. Their reaction in a way is beside the point. The point is that you, yourself, are doing what is right one way or another.

It can be tough to get folk's phone numbers. I would research people who knew them in the past, and maybe any relatives who could help you get in contact with them. If you just go to
Google and type in their names you may find out what city they live in, if you don't now know, and then try to find their number in the white pages for that city

I pray all will be resolved.

• Agree
Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums