Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  1. Sure. Evolution and a literal understanding of Genesis are irreconcilable. Would you rather I believe that God is a deceiver, in that he faked all the evidence for evolution and against Genesis?
    TThat is just another way of saying a personbbelieved evolution lies over God, and things seem a certain way to them now.
I think marriage is an outdated concept - I do not really embrace it.
I am supporting the legal right to marriage, though. Not only for people of the same sex, but also for people of different sexes. I am for equal rights, of course.

I do not embrace abortion, not at all. I´m just not the kind of guy who wants his feelings to be made the basis for jurisdiction.

Not me.
What you think must be weighed in the balances of Scripture.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting, my Bible doesn't mention the sexual orientation or even the gender* of the mob. Also, you seem to be ignoring the fact that this was a mob seeking to gang rape visitors, a rather violent response to a visitor in stark contrast to the hospitality shown by Abraham to the same visitors. The Biblical, and later rabbinical, emphasis understood in the text is the violent in-hospitality shown to visitors.

*The Hebrew uses the word אַנְשֵׁי, "people", "mankind", "mortals". C.f. Genesis 17:23, "every male (זָכָר) among the men(אַנְשֵׁי)"

-CryptoLutheran
The men of Sodom gathered. They wanted the male angels to rape. Guess they were out of alter boys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
  1. TThat is just another way of saying a personbbelieved evolution lies over God, and things seem a certain way to them now.
No, it´s not. You are confused.
What you think must be weighed in the balances of Scripture.
You are entitled to your beliefs.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
1 - They disbelieve strongly in the Scriptural account (i.e. world and man actually created one week)

Wrong: I FAIL to believe in the Scriptural account based on literal readings (ie one week etc.)

2 - They embrace same sex marriage, gay rights, and abortion.

1/3 Wrong: I have never met anyone who "embraces" abortion. Personally I am pro-CHOICE and if I were a woman who found herself in that situation I might not get an abortion, but I would like to know that people have the freedom to do with their bodies what they want as opposed to what a small cadre of religious MEN deem appropriate.

3 - They want to leave planet earth, which they think is doomed from overpopulation, and people not being green enough etc.

Sorta wrong: I do think our inaction on climate is going to do some real damage to ourselves. I don't know if I want to leave the planet. It's pretty nice here. But we can and should do better.

I'm not like a religious zealot who drools daily about how soon God will end the world so that I might get a better world in Heaven.

For atheists and unbelievers, let's see if you are a fit into the usual here.

You aren't that observant apparently.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong: I FAIL to believe in the Scriptural account based on literal readings (ie one week etc.)
You have beliefs. OK.
1/3 Wrong: I have never met anyone who "embraces" abortion.
Then no one would support it and there would be none.

Personally I am pro-CHOICE and if I were a woman who found herself in that situation I might not get an abortion, but I would like to know that people have the freedom to do with their bodies what they want as opposed to what a small cadre of religious MEN deem appropriate.

So this ladies mom did what she wanted.

IMG_8885.jpg

Gianna Jessen | Abortion Survivor, Pro-Life Advocate, Speaker

Maybe you would like to let Manson do what he wants also.

Sorta wrong: I do think our inaction on climate is going to do some real damage to ourselves. I don't know if I want to leave the planet. It's pretty nice here. But we can and should do better.
That qualifies you for number three.
I'm not like a religious zealot who drools daily about how soon God will end the world so that I might get a better world in Heaven.
No. You have no hope.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You have beliefs. OK.

Can you read? Just curious.

Then no one would support it and there would be none.

Again, show me a person who "embraces" abortion. Not someone who feels they have no other choic but actively "embraces" it as you said.

Maybe you would like to let Manson do what he wants also.

Nope. But thanks for showing the shallowness of your position.

That qualifies you for number three.

Only partially. In that I don't really want to leave the world because I fear it is doomed. I think we can do something to help ourselves and do better without leaving.

And I agree with the other poster, I'd like to visit other planets but not necessarily to run away from earth.

No. You have no hope.

LOL. Are you one who drools over getting a better "home" from God? Do you think you deserve one?

What are you doing RIGHT NOW for the planet God already gave you?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Delusion. Another common trait of egos. good point.
dad, we already now all of this about you. Your evil nature is due to your misinterpretation of the Bible. I know, it must be embarrassing when you make such mistakes, but even you can learn if you try.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you read? Just curious.

Again, show me a person who "embraces" abortion. Not someone who feels they have no other choic but actively "embraces" it as you said.
Anyone that would agree it can or should happen.

Only partially. In that I don't really want to leave the world because I fear it is doomed. I think we can do something to help ourselves and do better without leaving.
Save ourselves, then. OK. Good luck with that, history screams out that that has not and will not happen.

And I agree with the other poster, I'd like to visit other planets but not necessarily to run away from earth.
Great. How about Mars? Lovely place I hear.

LOL. Are you one who drools over getting a better "home" from God? Do you think you deserve one?
If we got what we deserved we would be in deep doo doo.
What are you doing RIGHT NOW for the planet God already gave you?
I am supposed to be serving a planet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

dad, that has nothing at all to do with the error that you keep making.

But let's see, are you really "anti-abortion" or not.

Should birth control be easy for everyone to get, especially kids? For kids that means free, in case you did not know.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dad, that has nothing at all to do with the error that you keep making.

But let's see, are you really "anti-abortion" or not.

Should birth control be easy for everyone to get, especially kids? For kids that means free, in case you did not know.
Evo strategy: leave God out of it all. Christians know that God sends babies. I find it interesting that you who accused God of wanting kids liked support the murder of hundreds of millions of babies.

noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially aperson whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Lurkers, guess that word.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Save ourselves, then. OK. Good luck with that, history screams out that that has not and will not happen.

ESPECIALLY when we have people too obsessed with their own ignorance to allow scientists to actually communicate the important stuff!

I am supposed to be serving a planet?

NOpe, I don't expect many Christians here on CF to care about their only home. I assume most of them live in squalor and demand someone else fix things for them for free. I mean how else would one explain whining about how soon they will get to be with God in a better place and how much they fight tooth and nail to avoid taking responsibility for our own home.

You call it "serving the planet", I call it home maintenance.

If you're too lazy to do the heavy lifting, don't worry many of the rest of us will do so. You can thank us later. Assuming you are capable of thanking anyone for anything. (I mean, obviously you thank God a lot I'm sure. And I'm sure God appreciates it and all.)

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ESPECIALLY when we have people too obsessed with their own ignorance to allow scientists to actually communicate the important stuff!
The cause of all evil according to you..people did not worship and blindly trust science enough. OK.
NOpe, I don't expect many Christians here on CF to care about their only home. I assume most of them live in squalor and demand someone else fix things for them for free.
? So if we don't worship a planet we don't want to fix things? Bizarre.
I mean how else would one explain whining about how soon they will get to be with God in a better place and how much they fight tooth and nail to avoid taking responsibility for our own home.
They need savin. You think you can save yourself.
You call it "serving the planet", I call it home maintenance.
Depends what 'it' means. I can fix a lawnmower, or patio without worshiping a planet in some weird Druid like way.
If you're too lazy to do the heavy lifting, don't worry many of the rest of us will do so
What is it you think you lift that others don't exactly?

. You can thank us later. Assuming you are capable of thanking anyone for anything.
That probably makes sense inside your own head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Evo strategy: leave God out of it all. Christians know that God sends babies. I find it interesting that you who accused God of wanting kids liked support the murder of hundreds of millions of babies.

Please, evolution has nothing to do with your inability to understand the Bible. We were discussing your errors.

noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially aperson whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Lurkers, guess that word.
I see that you are once again bearing false witness against your neighbors.

By the way, by dodging the question I asked you it appears that you are not really anti-abortion.

That's a pity.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The cause of all evil according to you..people did not worship and blindly trust science enough. OK.

Really? You can't read? I'm so sorry!

No, I fear people who worship their own IGNORANCE and hold it above that of people who actually study and know things. It's those who are most proud of their IGNORANCE that cause the most danger.

? So if we don't worship a planet we don't want to fix things? Bizarre.

Bizarre is how you interpret the written word.

They need savin. You think you can save yourself.

The best of my knowledge we are the only people who can save ourselves. I mean look at every single war ever fought in human history. Who saved us from our destruction? I didn't see God stepping in to stop WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War I or II, Civil War, War of 1812, Napoleonic wars.

God didn't step in and save us from the environmental damage we did to ourselves. God didn't clean up our air in the 80's, God didn't clean up the rivers. God didn't set up Superfund sites. God didn't even stop us from damaging ourselves as we poisoned little kids in Love Canal!

Depends what 'it' means. I can fix a lawnmower, or patio without worshiping a planet in some weird Druid like way.

I have to ask, IRL, are you so intentionally obtuse like you are on here? Do you grossly misinterpret what other people say to you?

What is it you think you lift that others don't exactly?

I put myself in short term debt to put solar on my home. I moderate my power usage and how I drive. I attempt to care for the planet. And most of all I try to actually LEARN THE SCIENCE that will help inform me about the dangers of what we as a species are doing to the planet

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The men of Sodom gathered. They wanted the male angels to rape.

The people of Sodom wanted to assault the angelic visitors.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? You can't read? I'm so sorry!

No, I fear people who worship their own IGNORANCE and hold it above that of people who actually study and know things. It's those who are most proud of their IGNORANCE that cause the most danger.
So if people do not drink your kool aid of deluded fables, you get scared. OK.

The best of my knowledge we are the only people who can save ourselves.
Sorry, that hasn't happened. I don't see the world doing that now either. Better to be honest and learn from mistakes.

I mean look at every single war ever fought in human history. Who saved us from our destruction? I didn't see God stepping in to stop WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War I or II, Civil War, War of 1812, Napoleonic wars.
If He didn't stop them you might have a point. He actually makes wars to cease unto the end of the world. Then He makes the world of man's rule cease.
God didn't step in and save us from the environmental damage we did to ourselves.
Not yet.

God didn't clean up our air in the 80's, God didn't clean up the rivers.
He didn't wipe your butt either. So?

God didn't set up Superfund sites. God didn't even stop us from damaging ourselves as we poisoned little kids in Love Canal!
You wish He did?

I have to ask, IRL, are you so intentionally obtuse like you are on here? Do you grossly misinterpret what other people say to you?
You should understand that I was born to win. Be not overcome of evil but overcome evil with good.

I put myself in short term debt to put solar on my home. I moderate my power usage and how I drive. I attempt to care for the planet. And most of all I try to actually LEARN THE SCIENCE that will help inform me about the dangers of what we as a species are doing to the planet

I try and learn true science. We're all doin what we can. But if you want money for people with minds that hate God...and preach that they share ancestors with flatworms, all I can tell you is whether you'll have to wait.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.