Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then if the shoe doesn't fit let someone else wear it. I have heard of some that would like a big war or plague or something to reduce the population by billions. For those I say, why start with others?

You didn't hear it from me.

It is also never a good idea to tell someone to kill themselves as you suggested I do:

For the people who want a lower population on earth, I suggest starting with yourself, that might help.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Don't be confused...I know you by the fruit you bear.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah right.

I sense sarcasm. Your Bible says NOTHING about being a homosexual. It seeks to outlaw certain behaviours, but has nothing to say about being gay.

The hatred of gays is something that you folk have entirely invented for yourselves and falsely seek the words in the Bible as a justification...

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You already expressed your traits of supporting abortion and sodom lifestyle support, no? How about wanting to leave earth?

No. I never supported "sodom lifestyle". Nor have I supported abortion. Supporting a woman's right to choose is not "supporting abortion". Sadly you are in denial of what the so called "sodom lifestyle" is even though your error was explained to you by multiple posters. You want to abuse that part of the Bible to support your hatred of your fellow man.

And I like it just fine on Earth. I do want to make sure that it is livable for those that follow, you do not seem to be too interested in the welfare of your grandchildren.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Very simple, it is prohibited and dangerous. This thread noted how those who hate creation and love the fable of evolution tend to have their hearts into supporting Sodom lifestyles as one earmark of their kind.

Whoa! If anyone "hates creation" I am betting that fits you more than anyone that opposes you here. And I see that you still are denying reality. Like it or not evolution is a fact. You are related to a flatworm. And you do not even know what "Sodom lifestyles" are.

You are getting boring, you are merely repeating your errors.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Very simple, it is prohibited and dangerous.

Then perhaps you can show us where it prohibits someone being homosexual.

This thread noted how those who hate creation and love the fable of evolution tend to have their hearts into supporting Sodom lifestyles as one earmark of their kind.

No, the "thread" didn't note that. Just one warped opinion did...

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I say it is and for the purposes of this thread it is. So fess up evos.

Your opinion is worthless when it comes to the Bible. You don't get to decide what a "sodom lifestyle" is.

I don't care what it is thought of by it's sympathizers! Of note is that evos tend to support it or indulge.
Great so you do not think we are doomed and want to migrate away. We won't count you for 3 then.

No, just as high of a percentage of Christians "indulge" as anyone else. There is no prejudice when it comes to that activity.

But you are right. I would rather stay here and fix our problems. I am not in favor of a rather hopeless and pointless migration.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
False. Unless you are one of the folks who say they want to kill others to reduce population. Try your slander elsewhere.

I will keep posting this in your response to my post:
For the people who want a lower population on earth, I suggest starting with yourself, that might help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Your beliefs are known.

No dad, I don't have mere beliefs. That is your flaw. I know. I can show you why I know. The problem is that people that deny science cannot learn science.

I would really suggest that you learn what scientific evidence is. It will start you one the road to enlightenment, at least in terms of how life developed on our Earth.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes to those people who want to kill others, I say no way. Practice what you preach.

1) You aimed that at ME, and I NEVER SAID I wanted to kill others (you bore false witness)
2) You suggested someone kill themselves (that is not normal or Christian)

You personally have said you are not one of those folks. Why do you now seem to be counting yourself one?

BECAUSE YOU AIMED IT AT ME IN A REPLY TO MY POST.

While I understand you may now want to "generalize" your comment and say it was aimed at some "unknown" group of theoretical people who want to do those things but it was in response to my post so it seems that it was aimed at me.

Either way it is NEVER a wise idea to tell anyone anywhere to kill themselves.

Remember the words of your lord and savior: "...resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

What I said was about those folks, that they should start with themselves. There is no 'yourself' unless you are one of them.

YOU AIMED IT AT ME IN A REPLY TO MY POST AS IF IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY POST.

Honestly Dad you are kind of scaring me. You see, if I found myself saying something as awful as what you said and someone took personal offense at it I might be tempted to apologize. But I'm not a Christian so perhaps in your version of Christianity it is quite common to tell people to kill themselves.

But it is scary. And it kind of makes me want to ensure that CF doesn't allow this sort of talk to occur anymore. You have crossed a line, Dad. A serious, serious line.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No? What are they, extra special beliefs? I won't ask you to post evidence or proof because you have shown yourself incapable of that.
dad dishonestly editing a post where the answer to your question was edited out by you is very close to lying.

You as much as admitted that were wrong by being so dishonest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You evos can have it, thanks. If the act is prohibited then a union revolving around the act is also a no no, as would be a lifestyle etc.

Ah, so you confirm that the only thing your Bible does (or, more correctly, some men who wrote it) is to prohibit certain behaviours. It says NOTHING about your sexuality. That part has been made up by people like you, as an excuse to attack people who are different...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Pretending believers attack gay people because they want to avoid that sin is ignorant.

What...??

They attack gay people because they have a prejudice against those who are different...and attempt to use their Bibles to justify it...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The men of Sodom must have had an affinity for preferring men. According to the bible that is wrong.

Didn't those men satisfy themselves by raping Lot's DAUGHTER...?

Can you explain why evolution believers share that trait to a large degree...of condoning it?

I don't know they do. But if it's the case, possibly because they observe that it is an entirely natural occurrence, shared by virtually every mammalian species...

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By the way..last warning to cut the false accusations pal.

Dad, I see you've changed the original post. Bravo! Good for you! It indicates that you either got the message or you thought perhaps your original point in which you referred to me (you can see the original as it was written in my sig file there) could easily be interpreted to be aimed at me personally.

We are all prone to aggressive posting at times and sometimes everyone will cross a line. Even if you didn't intend to, your comments can be taken in ways that should give you pause. I even include myself in that. In the past I've made comments that others could interpret badly and I apologized and backed away from the thread because I realized I'd crossed a line and said something that while I didn't intend it to be interpretted that way, was interpreted badly and when I looked at it I could see their point.

Now I realize you understood your original point could be taken as a personal suggestion (who knows, may be you didn't even actually intend it to be me specifically, but it sure could easily be read that way), but again, it is not a good thing to ever tell anyone anywhere that they should kill themselves.

I hope you have learned to moderate your rhetoric or at least think seriously about how your posts come across. It is a lesson we ALL can take to heart.

But I am curious why you never think to apologize. What I am not seeing in you is the spirit of Christ. I see pride and fierce resentment whenever you are spoken against. You maladroitly said something that someone took as a very bad suggestion and you never once apologized. Interesting.

But then all who say "Lord, Lord"...well, you know the rest of the verse.

Remember: Grace is freely given by your God when you accept that you are imperfect and in need of salvation.

Perhaps your only sin here was that you were overcome with rash emotion and you didn't quite craft your statement as you intended and it could easily be misinterpretted. But it was interpreted in a way that seemed quite scary and unpleasant.

Just, you know, dial it back a bit and keep in mind that even if you find people out there who do want to do all manner of evil things it is best to, in the words of your lord and savior: "...resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (That's one of those things I really like from the Bible!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.