Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here are some very common things I have found about people well versed in science or educated, that really believe in Cosmic and biological evolution of life.

1 - They disbelieve strongly in the Scriptural account (i.e. world and man actually created one week)
2 - They embrace same sex marriage, gay rights, and abortion.
3 - They want to leave planet earth, which they think is doomed from overpopulation, and people not being green enough etc.

I suppose we might add they want to save the planet themselves by being real Green.

Now I don't want to discuss 'christians' here and how some claim to believe in a creation but really don't.. If there are some of those who want to post here, maybe just be clear on the issues 1-3 and where you stand on each.

For atheists and unbelievers, let's see if you are a fit into the usual here.

Last edited:

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Here are some very common things I have found about people well versed in science or educated, that really believe in Cosmic and biological evolution of life.

1 - They disbelieve strongly in the Scriptural account
3 - They want to leave planet earth, which they think is doomed from overpopulation, and people not being green enough etc.

Now I don't want to discuss 'christians' here and how some have tossed out the bible for fables. If there are some of those who want to post here, maybe just be clear on the issues 1-3 and where you stand on each.
So why don't you find some people like that and go and argue with them?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Didn't state your positions eh. Ha.
You know me, a complete reprobate even though I can't answer "yes" to any of those. But you left off a characteristic:
4 - They think the Confederate States of America was a treasonous combination which deserved to be crushed.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

1 - They disbelieve strongly in the Scriptural account (i.e. world and man actually created one week)

Now I don't want to discuss 'christians' here and how some claim to believe in a creation but really don't.. If there are some of those who want to post here, maybe just be clear on the issues 1-3 and where you stand on each.

For atheists and unbelievers, let's see if you are a fit into the usual here.

I thought it was the christians who believed the earth to be doomed and wanted to leave for some place less "worldly"?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Glad you believe in a real creation as per scripture.
As per scripture, but not as per your literalist interpretation of Genesis. But really, it's the anti-liberal political agenda revealed by your straw man that turns me off of YECism

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As per scripture, but not as per your literalist interpretation of Genesis. But really, it's the anti-liberal political agenda revealed by your straw man that turns me off of YECism
So the anti bible lifestyles are really the kicker for you. OK.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I
I thought it was folks like Hawkings.

No idea who that is...

But I have heard many a christian say they want Jesus to return to bring about the end times/end of the world so they can leave for some better place.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So the anti bible lifestyles are really the kicker for you. OK.
Oh, absolutely. I really get off on an anti-Bible lifestyle--savoring things like union membership, workplace safety legislation, environmental regulation, child labor laws and the minimum wage. I even sink so low as to oppose the death penalty and unlimited gun ownership and I don't think that unregulated corporate capitalism is the only economic system that Jesus could possibly approve of. Yes, indeed--the anti-Bible lifestyle is the lifestyle for me.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No idea who that is...

But I have heard many a christian say they want Jesus to return to bring about the end times/end of the world so they can leave for some better place.
Yes, Jesus will return and make this world all better, and yes, when we die, believers go to be where He is now, and will return with Him here. That is a far cry from wicked little man trying to evacuate the planet.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. The scriptural account in Genesis is not literally true.
2. Sure.
3. That's just bizarre. I doubt 1 evolutionist in 100 believes anything like that.
"
  • Stephen Hawking warned that humans must colonize another planet or face extinction."
Stephen Hawking says humans must colonize another planet in 100 years or face extinction

Interesting trend seems to be developing here, atheists and nominal bible believers seem at agree on points 1 and 2. That leads me to ask the question if the unbelief in an actual creation might be due to certain sins keeping some from the truth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, absolutely. I really get off on an anti-Bible lifestyle--savoring things like union membership, workplace safety legislation, environmental regulation, child labor laws and the minimum wage. I even sink so low as to oppose the death penalty and unlimited gun ownership and I don't think that unregulated corporate capitalism is the only economic system that Jesus could possibly approve of. Yes, indeed--the anti-Bible lifestyle is the lifestyle for me.
I see. So the gay thing is OK since there are other things you perceive to be also against the bible?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"
  • Stephen Hawking warned that humans must colonize another planet or face extinction."
Well, that makes one of him.

Interesting trend seems to be developing here, atheists and nominal bible believers seem at agree on points 1 and 2. That leads me to ask the question if the unbelief in an actual creation might be due to certain sins keeping some from the truth?

Sure, dad, we're all gay. If that makes you feel better about your willful ignorance of the facts that point to evolution, feel free to cast empty aspersions at other people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.