St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? The forum is a place to put forward ideas and see how they stand up against the Truth of Scripture.
It's not a place where members are to make stuff up about one another, which is what you have done 3 times. You can spout all you want about the Bible, but when you are doing so while you are violating one of it's most basic tenants for all to see, you undermine yourself and anything you say. As I said, I'm done. I don't debate scripture with people who use these tactics.

Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
1 Cor 3:16

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I welcome correction, if other readers think I have been over the top, please feel free to say so.

I would have thought that to question a proposition and look for accountability to scripture was acceptable.
Deflection. Don’t even pretend that is what I'm talking about here. I addressed it directly each time you put words in my mouth or accused me of doing something I didn't do, and you have ignored it each time.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I welcome correction, if other readers think I have been over the top, please feel free to say so.

I would have thought that to question a proposition and look for accountability to scripture was acceptable.

Not necessarily.

I normally put forth a section(s) of scripture to make my point with and debate over, not just sit back and demand someone always prove their point with scripture.

It's the main reason I usually ignore your posts to me.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

Can you be specific so I can better understand your concern?

OK

Great - I am sure you have done well, but that doesn't mean we have to mimmick your theology on the gifts.

Cant we just rejoice in what He does rather than present theological boxes we all have to fit in ???

Forgive me for being strong about this but most theology has come about through traditional (usually denominational) thinking... not going out and learning with Him...
I didn't say anything close to these things. However, if one were to read your comments alone they would be lead to believe my OP was an attempt to put people in a box and pressure them into mimicking my theology which comes solely through my own personal experience and nothing else. Not cool.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK

I didn't say anything close to these things. However, if one were to read your comments alone they would be lead to believe my OP was an attempt to put people in a box and pressure them into mimicking my theology which comes solely through my own personal experience and nothing else. Not cool.

Thanks that is quite helpful...

I must try to express in more general terms - sorry.

I am very conscious that Christian cultures prevail that get a following because the gifts and fruit are being manifest and the leaders assume the role of teachers and the crowd follows a theological line. The result of this can be quite damaging. I have experienced it first hand and had to blow the whistle.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it would have been better to disclose your source then folks would appreciate and evaluate better, knowing where the theology was coming from.
Here's what happens when I do that. People do a 30 second Google search on everything that is wrong with the person/organizations I mention and choose to take that at face value over me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems as though you don't want me to follow the Spirit's leading, but rather your own demands.

Are you serious ?? How on earth do you conclude that ??

I can imagine that kind of claim if you considered yourself infallible.

You are free to give your opinion as anyone else.

The Wisdom from above is reasonable i.e. able to be discussed Jas 3:17

We have a level playing field here on CF - the least can be heard.

Dont take offence - participate like anyone else - we are not your enemies...

You might even learn something !!!

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious ?? How on earth do you conclude that ??

I can imagine that kind of claim if you considered yourself infallible.

You are free to give your opinion as anyone else.

The Wisdom from above is reasonable i.e. able to be discussed Jas 3:17

We have a level playing field here on CF - the least can be heard.

Dont take offence - participate like anyone else - we are not your enemies...

You might even learn something !!!
Are you serious? So now participation on CF is doing what you want me to do? 3 times you misrepresent me and your solution is to push and push me to give the names of the people and organizations I am affiliated with. Why in the world would I do that when you've shown all you will do is the same and undermine people and groups I care about. Your insistence and disrespect here only goes to solidify my believe that that is exactly what would happen. I'm not playing that game. I've had plenty of meaningful conversations about the gifts with people here, a handful have built enough trust that I have revealed to them my church and affiliations, but I am under no obligation to post that information publicly on an anonymous forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.