✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
COMMON FEAR

Dag Heward-Mills

READ: 1 John 4:16-19

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

People do not pay tithes because they are afraid.

Many people do not pay tithes because they are afraid of poverty. They fear: “Will I be able to go through the month. Will I survive if I pay my tithes? This is a common fear, but you must remember that fear is an evil spirit.

If you follow fear, you are following a demon. God has not given us the spirit of fear. Can you imagine where a demon will lead you? If you love God, you must cast out your fears and decide to obey Him.

A quick analysis will reveal that people do things even though they have deep fears within. People get married in spite of their many fears. There are many things that could go wrong in a marriage! There could be unfaithfulness! There could be divorce! There could childlessness! There could be tragedy! There could be poverty! There could be death! In spite of these fears, people continue to marry and do what they really want to do.

Why then are you unable to overcome your fears and pay your tithes? It is time to walk by faith and pay tithes. A person who does not pay tithes is living by the spirit of fear.

“God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7, New Century Version).