• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Coming to terms.

Jun 20, 2018
INDIO
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently accepted the fact that I am bipolar. I was diagnosed when I was in group homes and then as am adult. I never admitted it as I always thought it was just a way to get me on medication, but I had an episode and ended up in the middle of a bridge sign. I wasn't suicidal at all. Or so I thought. I don't remember much besides trying to do a handstand on the fire fighters ladder. I'm assuming that was probably an indicator of not being suicidal, but it still doesn't explain why I even decided to climb across and sit in the middle. I clogged up traffic for a few hours to which I am not proud of.
Well it was after this incident that I finally accepted the fact that I do have a disease. I was always in denial and even going as far as distancing myself from anything associated with mental health. I hated what reflected back, but that day when I finally did admit it. I felt an over whelming sense of peace and really felt God move. He is made strong in our weakness and maybe just maybe I needed to admit that weakness for Him to work through it. Not to say the panic attacks or triggers have dissipated, but I have a hope that His grace will carry me through. At times I feel extremely alone and a charity case to others, but I try to see myself the way He sees me. When I don't believe I try to believe what Christ believed. He believed so much that He was willing to die for it.

Emily Foster

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟22,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing our heart, friend. It’s a reminder that the Lord’s grace and faithfulness toward His people are beyond measure; His mercies are eternal and new every morning. If we lean on Him, walk with Him, and trust Him even in the midst of dark and confusing circumstances, He will never forsake us. I’m praying that He will work in a powerful way in your life, bring healing and hope. May you experience the abundance of His comfort and peace in the days ahead.

Also, do you think it might be helpful to speak to a counselor? I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433. You may be interested to do some reading on this topic, such as: bit.ly/2fQADij.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2018
INDIO
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Emily, I do have a counselor his name is Randy Boyd. He runs the courageous healers foundation. He has helped me a lot, but often times it's really hard for me to open up and be open about my struggles. It's bad enough within myself and being okay with it.

Upvote 0