• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coming back to God

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by RikM, Oct 30, 2017.

1. RikM

RikM New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. Winken

Winken Jonah !!! Supporter

+3,390
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    ........maybe the Holy Spirit speaking to you. He is always present for we Christians, yearns to lead & guide us along our Path. Once we acknowledge Jesus as Savior, that Path is laid out, perfectly proportioned, streamlined, solid. Sometimes we misstep as we walk along on it. Check out 1 John 1:9.

3. Jenniferdiana

Jenniferdiana Well-Known Member Supporter

+624
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Just go back to him. I know you would like to go to church and be around others but you can still come back to God without doing that. You can do that right now....

4. Halbhh

Halbhh Hubble telescope saw in empty sky....galaxies! Supporter

+1,316
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Try until you find love and welcoming. You may like United Church of Christ. Look for faith.

5. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+3,279
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    There are different denominations with different styles of services out there. What kind of church did you grow up in, and what kind of church are you considering attending?

6. DreamerOfTheHeart

DreamerOfTheHeart Love is the Foundation of Truth

+114
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    There is a lot of evil in DC, though my dad worked there before I was born, and I have spoken at a security conference there.

But, there can also be great good where there is great evil.

The Message, the Good News Message, is simple, yet it is also impossible for humans to keep, as the parable of the sower of seed tells us.

Admonitions of fellowship remain, though it should be noted and not forgotten that the church, the temple of God, is our bodies, and the teacher and master is in our heart.

If we keep the message, we know it is by the Spirit, and if we have the Spirit, we also have the Son and the Father.

So, it is most important to know the Message.

I would look for a good church which is open minded and liberal at heart, who put teaching the Gospel first and do not ring alarm bells or raise red flags.