✟7,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I'm from the UK and 21 years old struggled with mental health issues and tried sinful behaviour to fill the void I felt. I feel I need to return to church and community. Anyone have tips especially people who have lasped and found their way back?

Laurie

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome! It's wonderful to hear that you're coming back;

"Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." --Luke 15:7

I think that trying the churches in your own community will be a good place to start. Also, looking for groups that aren't necessarily religiously-based, but still do Christian things (such as homeless shelters, Social Work Club, or any group that's dedicated to being good to each other), can be a good place to go. Reading stories of such people as St. Augustine can be helpful; look up saints that struggle with [insert sin here], to find inspiring stories of people who have made it through the same temptations, yet lived holy lives in the process. The saints on Earth can be of great help, as well; small groups are often a place where people open up about their struggles, and you can find companionship & encouragement there.

May God bless your journey & all the people you'll meet!:pray:

Upvote 0

laurieplumb

Feb 25, 2020
Torquay
✟7,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your nice message. i went to church on sunday and I have been helping homeless people during the storms we have had here. No-one should have to sleep outside during floods. I never did anything awful but i have had narcissistic lifestyle and it hasn't satisfied me. But my lord has brought me home.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I'm from the UK and 21 years old struggled with mental health issues and tried sinful behaviour to fill the void I felt. I feel I need to return to church and community. Anyone have tips especially people who have lasped and found their way back?

Laurie
Welcome!

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Laurie
Hi Laurie, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it's a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians, :)

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Laurie,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

321503_f5d361fee449714f411af69955cb98b3.gif

Flashing-neon-welcome.gif

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you really have a narcissistic lifestyle and so possibly a narcissistic personality, I suggest that you strongly consider getting counseling from a pastor and get help on how to reduce if not transform or eliminate these tendencies. In my opinion the way to get back is the same way you got in the first time. Repent, ask God for forgiveness if you have not done so, and then get immersed in the Word of God, fellowship with mature Christians and even mentoring. This time you are more wary of the danger zones that the enemy entraps us with.

Upvote 0