Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many comic books writers were Jews. There are interesting allegories, for one reason or the other, for spiritual things woven into them.

Superman

Superman is Kal of the House of EL. God's Angels are Micha-El, Gabri-El, Uri-EL, Ragu-El, and so on. That makes Superman Earth's Guardian Angel?

Superman's origin story is like the Story of Moses. A baby is sent down the Nile, figuratively, to be raised by foster parents.

Given you watch the movie "Man of Steel" and catch on to this, you may be able to find a lot more.

Batman

From [Picture of a Prophet](Picture of a Prophet by L. Ravenhill) by Leonard Ravenhill we learn:

>The prophet is God's detective seeking for a lost treasure. The degree of his effectiveness is determined by his measure of unpopularity. Compromise is not known to him.

In general, someone has an idea...why? Maybe an artist or writer became drunk and woke up with an epiphany. Maybe he had some food for thought at a coffee shop. When we find recurring themes it is a Sign of The Times. (Matthew 16:3) It was a Spirit giving an idea.

A Prophet may be Batman. The Joker would be Satan.

In Bush "The Only Way Out" the lead singer is shown hearing a voice. Lucifer was known as an Angel of Light. The lead singer says he is the only way while denying Christ and God. He blows up a hospital.

(
)

Joker blows up hospital

(
)

["Joker and the Thief"]

(
) Wolfmother.

Satan is a Joker. The day of the Lord comes as a Thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:2)

There are a lot of riddles in the spiritual which is why you need a detective. The Stone rejected by the builders becomes the chief cornerstone. (Psalms 118:22)(Luke 20:9-19)(Acts 4:11)(1 Peter 2)

There are a lot more allegories. It depends how many you want given to you verse self-discovery.

[Batmoses](
) Jerusalem U

It is not that God is a Riddler as in a villain, but that these allegories or metaphors are sort of like God's Clothes. Like the Emperor's New Clothes? Given we peel back all the layers someone could uncover the Father's Nakedness? (Genesis 9)

More

In the Marvel Series, "The Defenders" on Netflix we have The Hand as the main bad guy. The Hand is a shadowy organization with a nefarious agenda. The Hand uses the word "Vessel" many times in reference to Electra's body like she is a possessed person.

In Batman you have The League of Assassins which is a similar organization to The Hand. Both secret societies have ways to make their life longer. The head of the League of Assassins is known as the Demon's Head. Coming out of The Lazarus Pit someone ends up possessed?

In the Bible, your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside you. Someone accepts The Spirit of God. He lets his ego down, and God in. He i s reborn in Christ. God is God of the living and not of the dead. (Luke 20:38)When someone refers to their body a vessel, that is like being a temple. Jesus Christ cast out Spirits. What Spirit is someone of?

Freemasons are a shadowy Secret Society. Walt Disney was a 33 Degree Freemason. What happened to a lot of the former female Disney stars like Lohan and Miley and so on? They seemed to be in a bad crowd? Bad fruit?

Christina Aguilera sang "Genie in a Bottle." Genie is an Arabic Djinn or Demon. A genie gives you wishes like a Money's Paw wish or a deal with the devil? Christian Aguilera sang a fun pop song for the time, or stating that her body is a vessel, and she is a possessed person?

Last edited:

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt that the Jewish writers of many of the Golden and Silver Age comics drew on religious stories they'd learned as children.

I'd agree that Superman does appear to be a rather direct jab at Nazi ideology...although it's little known that they originally created the "Superman" as a villain. He got the Jewish-ish connotations a couple of iterations after they had rebooted the character as a hero.

As well, though, you can find even more direct evidence of source material drawn from numerous other ancient religious stories, particularly the Greek and Norse pantheons and a bit more recently, Zoroastrianism. They drew (and draw) from all kinds of sources.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are layers to the Spiritual like layers to the Atmosphere or layers in an onion. The Truth hurts. Knowledge brings sorrow. Someone peeling back the layers so you can see may be a bit of an ogre.

Have to be like a child to get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Frederich Nietzsche was a possessed person. How am I aware other than his denial of God and Jesus Christ? In the Principalities or Spiritual there are idea or things. There is a right answer in how to view these things or ideas. The Bible asserts Truth. It is objective. Satan is a liar. Faith is EVIDENCE of things unseen. Satan lies about what cause and effect someone may be having and/or what is in the Spiritual.

Jesus Christ was a carpenter and son of a carpenter. Amos was a Shepherd. Jesus Christ being born of humble beginnings and being a King would have started a, in a way, a Will to Power. Jesus would be an Ubermenche in a way.

In terms of Signs of The Times, and Nietzsche, we have Dr. Jordon Peterson who has been breaking a lot of this type of stuff down in specific ways that are reasonable. Also:

• To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give that one the morning star. (Revelations 2:25-28)

God will not be mocked. You reap what you sow. Nietzsche as a false shepherd sowed certain seeds. They were a corruption of something that God already had in the Principalities. Some idea or thing. Doing God's will may be hard. Someone listening to God, and doing his will may be shepherded through all kinds of particular hoops of fire and trials. It would be a "Will To Power" in a way. Not man's will but man in obedience to God working in God's Will.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always loved Bugs Bunny.
I like it when he says, "Let me take a whack at it".

Whenever I watch these movies I like to look for the spiritual overtones. Seeing the good versus evil and how it plays out.
But, today's movies, what gets portrayed as good and what gets portrayed as evil is more often than not, just plain unbiblical.

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But, today's movies, what gets portrayed as good and what gets portrayed as evil is more often than not, just plain unbiblical.

Luciferian - Believes man or Lucifer (fallen angel) is light, and God of the Bible is the Dark. That can mean that they believe "Old Testament God" is the dark. That is Luciferian as well. Someone reads the The New Testament from an Old Testament understanding. The Bible is one complete narrative. God doesn't change. (Malachi 3:6-7) Someone changing the character of Jesus Christ to fit into their Worldly Luciferian Ideologies would be a form of Christian Paganism. God Almighty, God of the Bible, is God you cannot control. Pagans made false gods to try and control something. Someone changing the character or nature of God is wrong, and basically a pagan.

It depends on what movie exactly you are talking about......but, to Luciferians, a servant of God may look to be The Villian. A Prophet like God's detective may be today's Villian and a hated person. Ezekiel and Jeremiah were both hated by many of their contemporaries.

An example of how this appears to be working is the band Pop Evil. The band Pop Evil has songs that are spiritually relevant like the song "Footsteps."

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Stone Rejected By The Builders Becomes the Chief Cornerstone. (Psalms 118:22)(Luke 20:9-19)(Acts 4:11)(1 Peter 2)

Jesus is the Stone Rejected by The Builders. The Stone Rejected also happened in The Old Testament. For Jesus to return, there had to be a falling away. Where else in the Bible was there a falling away? The Book of Judges. The people would fall away and become oppressed, they would cry out to God for help. God would send them a Judge.

In terms of Prophecy, we have the Prophecy of the Popes were the German Pope was the last one. Then Peter the Roman, and then the Dread Judge. There had to be a falling away.

In terms of Media around the time of Christ, there were things going on with pagan religions. Pan, the Greek false god of shepherds died during the time of the gospels. Jesus fits into the Aesop's Fable, The Wolf and The Lamb. Jesus fit into a variety of media around that time, and previously, in a square way, like a piece to The Puzzle.

For more on this, and being able to see, the blog here in the signature may open eyes to more.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nietzsche wrote "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" -- yet he spent the last decade of his life completely insane -- I guess he ran into something that neither killed him nor made him stronger. He was bitterly antiChristian.

LITERATURE began with Stan Lee and has gone downhill ever since. I don't know if he's Jewish or not, but he doesn't have much time left, he's in his nineties.

Gardner Fox was a great writer on the DC side of comics -- he claimed the Flash and Hawkman stories sometimes came to him in his dreams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Frederich Nietzsche was a possessed person. How am I aware other than his denial of God and Jesus Christ? In the Principalities or Spiritual there are idea or things. There is a right answer in how to view these things or ideas. The Bible asserts Truth. It is objective. Satan is a liar. Faith is EVIDENCE of things unseen. Satan lies about what cause and effect someone may be having and/or what is in the Spiritual.

Jesus Christ was a carpenter and son of a carpenter. Amos was a Shepherd. Jesus Christ being born of humble beginnings and being a King would have started a, in a way, a Will to Power. Jesus would be an Ubermenche in a way.

In terms of Signs of The Times, and Nietzsche, we have Dr. Jordon Peterson who has been breaking a lot of this type of stuff down in specific ways that are reasonable. Also:

• To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give that one the morning star. (Revelations 2:25-28)

God will not be mocked. You reap what you sow. Nietzsche as a false shepherd sowed certain seeds. They were a corruption of something that God already had in the Principalities. Some idea or thing. Doing God's will may be hard. Someone listening to God, and doing his will may be shepherded through all kinds of particular hoops of fire and trials. It would be a "Will To Power" in a way. Not man's will but man in obedience to God working in God's Will.
You praise Jordan Peterson who has the utmost highest regards for Neitzche...

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luciferian - Believes man or Lucifer (fallen angel) is light, and God of the Bible is the Dark. That can mean that they believe "Old Testament God" is the dark. That is Luciferian as well. Someone reads the The New Testament from an Old Testament understanding. The Bible is one complete narrative. God doesn't change. (Malachi 3:6-7) Someone changing the character of Jesus Christ to fit into their Worldly Luciferian Ideologies would be a form of Christian Paganism. God Almighty, God of the Bible, is God you cannot control. Pagans made false gods to try and control something. Someone changing the character or nature of God is wrong, and basically a pagan.

It depends on what movie exactly you are talking about......but, to Luciferians, a servant of God may look to be The Villian. A Prophet like God's detective may be today's Villian and a hated person. Ezekiel and Jeremiah were both hated by many of their contemporaries.

An example of how this appears to be working is the band Pop Evil. The band Pop Evil has songs that are spiritually relevant like the song "Footsteps."

What do you mean Luciferians? Nobody calls themselves a Luciferian, those that do certainly arent...

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean Luciferians? Nobody calls themselves a Luciferian, those that do certainly arent...

I meant exactly what I wrote.

• How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!(Isaiah 14:12)
  • "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." (Revelations 22:16)
  • To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give that one the morning star. (Revelations 2:26-28)

Lucifer was The Morning Star. Jesus is The Morning Star. There is a dichotomy here that has been observable in the media, and in the fruit of certain individuals or entities.

You praise Jordan Peterson who has the utmost highest regards for Neitzche...

I didn't praise Jordon Peterson. I mentioned Jordon Peterson. Many people are familiar with Nietzsche today due to Dr. Jordon Peterson. Dr. Peterson has stated some things on religion that are spiritually relevant, or brought them into the public eye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Jordon Peterson Example:

The above video isn't really "Illuminati" so much as he his breaking down various symbolism.

The following are themes I was working to explain through the Spirit of God prior to finding Dr. Jordon Peterson, and he covers in some way, or touches on, in the short lecture clip:

The Body of Christ

Christians are a Body of Christ. When they take communion they eat of the body and drink of the blood. In the Body, some are the hands, some the feet, some the mouth, some the eyes. Some are Apostles, some are Prophets, some are Pastors, some are Evangelists. We all have a function in the Body. A society of believers. We are a Body of Christ, an Organic Society. (Ephesians 4:11-16)

How is society often depicted? With a pyramid. The Body of Christ, being a society of believers, could be depicted as a pyramid. What is on top of the pyramid? An All Seeing Eye. God. God sees everything. In the Book of Judges, Israel was a Body of Christ or a Society of Believers. They could be represented by a pyramid. Israel was different from other nations. Other nations had Kings. Israel had no King. God was their King. He ruled them through his Spirit. On top of the pyramid is God. Prophet Samuel is raised. Prophet Samuel may be said to be on top of the Pyramid. He is a shepherd. Israel demands a King. God gives them Saul. Saul and Samuel could be said to be on top of the Pyramid.

• When Saul heard their words, the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him, and he burned with anger. He took a pair of oxen, cut them into pieces, and sent the pieces by messengers throughout Israel, proclaiming, "This is what will be done to the oxen of anyone who does not follow Saul and Samuel." Then the terror of the LORD fell on the people, and they came out together as one. When Saul mustered them at Bezek, the men of Israel numbered three hundred thousand and those of Judah thirty thousand. (1 Samuel 11:6–8)
In the music video “Dark Horse” with Katy Perry, she is visualized as standing on top of an unfinished pyramid. Within the context of the song and video, this symbolizes her being a goddess and ruling over society?

A Pastor of a Church or a Rabbi is often a leader of a community. It is a position of authority and influence. A Priest is a shepherd. He has a flock. Are you in the fold? A Pastor in a small community in a rural area in America’s Bible belt may be the shepherd of a Body of Christ. This may be symbolized with a Pyramid. He is on top. He may be part of a larger pyramid. Given he is part of a specific denomination, there may be many smaller pyramids, small Bodies, part of a larger Body. King David may be said to be on top of a Body of Christ or a Society of Believers that was The Kingdom of Israel. What happened when David sinned? King David took Uriah the Hittites’ wife, and sent him to die. (2 Samuel 11) King David took a census. (2 Samuel 24) What happened to the Body or Society of Believers when David sinned? They were punished. What happens behind closed doors? Given there are negative things happening in society, who is on top, who is the leader, and what has he been doing behind closed doors? What David did with Uriah the Hittites’ wife was something that happened behind closed doors. It is something you may not know about except that it is written down in the Bible.

The Body as The Grapevine

• “I am the true vine; my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch of mine that does not produce fruit. And he trims and cleans every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce even more fruit. (John 15:1–2)

The metaphor of mankind being like God’s Vineyard or a grapevine is given throughout the Bible. (Luke 20:9–19)(Isaiah 63:1–6) Men are like grapes connected to a vine or The Spirit of God. In Luke 20, God has tenant farmers. A tenant farmer may be a Priest or Rabbi. He is a shepherd or a farmer. Is his fruit Good or Bad? Given God trims the vine, that may be like a company going out of business, or a major war famine plague event.

Given someone heard it through the grapevine, that may have more than one meaning. There are layers to the spiritual, and the spiritual often parallels the physical. Man is made in the image of God. The Spiritual is like a mirror, or what man does on Earth reflects of the Spiritual? Someone hearing it through grapevine may mean that someone received gossip or news. It may be that someone heard it through The Spirit of God.

We have:

Gladys Knight - Grapevine (Mr. Carmack Remix)

Or

Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes

It is said that the eyes are mirrors into the soul. Prophet Jeremiah walked around with an Ox Yoke around his neck. This was to represent the bondage that Judah would endure in captivity. The eyes are said to be mirrors into the soul. Men see Prophet Jeremiah working in obedience to God with an Ox Yoke around his neck. Regardless of if they like Jeremiah or not, or if they agree with him, they see Jeremiah working in obedience to God with an Ox Yoke to symbolize bondage. That is going down the Grapevine. Something was planted? A song I found that mentions the eyes as mirrors: Armin van Buuren feat. Sharon den Adel - In and Out of Love (Official Music Video)

Hierarchies of Authority

My favorite thing about Dr. Peterson has been how he explains Hierarchies of Authority. A Hierarchy of Authority may be a Pope - Bishop - Pastor, General - Colonel - Captain, Ceo - District Manager - Manager, and so on.

Here is a Christian Article about how Authority works: Authority

Given someone in the chain of command in a Hierarchy of Authority is serving himself or Satan, then they are not part of the Kingdom of God giving authority to God? Possibly. It is complicated. Part of rejecting the world as Christians may be being shepherd outside of these hierarchies of authority.

I received a Prophet Calling. God shepherded me outside of these Hierarchies. He worked me up the Spiritual Hierarchies. That is another testimony.

Upvote 0

HopefulHepatica

Beauty from Ashes
Apr 24, 2018
West Coast
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I always loved Bugs Bunny.
I like it when he says, "Let me take a whack at it".

Whenever I watch these movies I like to look for the spiritual overtones. Seeing the good versus evil and how it plays out.

Right?? I've noticed a trend in recent films & TV shows too, where people are constantly using God and Christian themes/overtones and demonizing them. The heroes of the story are often on the side of humanity and claiming their freedom, assuming that God = Slavery, Human Free Will/Thinking = Freedom. They take something that was once pure/good, and make it twisted and corrupt (examples of corrupt men of the church unfortunately), and allow humanity to justify their darkness & rebellion as freedom, without exposing the consequences of our sin or the vulnerabilities and detriment of being left to ourselves & our nature. This is of course, because they are unaware & in denial of such things.

These stories often depict God as virtually absent & ignorant of the world, even so powerless to have little to do with many things in the world or even a coward who controls by fear and uses angels or his followers to manipulate things. They view God in the way of corrupt man, and furthermore, associate the Enemy's tactics with God.

It's sad and I've been really desiring a story to take off where they're not demonizing God for once, to show worldly people a glimpse of truth and what true freedom is, in a way that speaks to them best.

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Superman

Batman
Spider-Man is tormented by his own inaction for not stopping the thief when he could have. The thief goes on to murder Spider-Man's uncle.

Honestly, Spider-Man is in desperate need of repentance. He can never make up for what he did wrong. His every action as Spider-Man is designed to correct his mistake but it's a fool's errand. He needs to repent rather than allow his guilt to eat him alive.

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I have seen most about Spider Man is Spider Sense. Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you. Part of growing in Faith is intuitive. Learning when and how to trust your gut.

He who hesitates has lost? Someone who has grown in Faith, and has a relationship with God works to not over think things. He doesn't dwell too much. He acts. God's way is a line. He walks the line.

Upvote 0