• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Comfortably Numb

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I had a dentist appointment today, and had three fillings performed on my teeth. And reservations for two more appointments in the near future to take care of about four more cavities I think. None of them were to the point of hurting or bothering me much. I'm in my forties and up until today, I had only one tooth pulled. So I had reservations and kind of nervous about having fillings done. But I know plenty of people who have had fillings and after talking to my mom, decided I needed to get it done while I can and before they became a bigger problem. And although the sounds and vibrations were a little strange, my mouth was so numb, they could have done about anything and I wouldn't have cared. ^_^ My mouth is still numb atm, especially the left side. Straws and mashed potatoes for me today. ^_^

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel your pain. I’ve attended appointments that were used to crush my soul and positive outlook on life as well. I’ll keep you in my prayers tonight. I hope that they can treat your issue as much as possible. Appointments of any type make me excited and fill me with dread at the same time.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It takes quite a bit of seeking to find out what to do for the teeth for them to be and stay healthy. The system as it is may or may not have ever done any real good. But there are ways, not controlled by the corporations, (the big profit machines), known for a century and some maybe for many centuries ......
One tidbit: look out for toxic things - at least research them and do not trust anyone who says it is okay to put toxic things in your mouth or body or blood or mind/brain. (like nafl)

Upvote 0