• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comey to testify -- more to be revealed?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Dec 7, 2018 at 9:30 AM.

1. Yes, could be a very important day

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Beat around the bush may pull the 5th

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+5,461
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Gangster of Four

+3,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The hope of republican representatives is that they can blunt expected bad news by controlling the release of it. I don't think it's a reasonable hope.

3. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+638
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    You were missing one poll choice. Namely "Yes, but will still be nothing of any real importance."

So far, we have zero. As in, Zero. There has been zero evidence of anything throughout this entire investigation. Nothing.

There have been a few cases of perjury, which is typical of a large investigation of this size. But perjury over "did you have this memo?" is not the same as being guilty of colluding with Russians. At this point.... I'll be surprised if anything new comes out of the investigation. A large investigation in Washington DC, is usually filled with leakers. If there was anything substantial there, we would have heard about it by now.

At this point, the Democrats are just hoping to catch someone important in a perjury trap, than actually finding evidence of Russian collusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,532
    Pentecostal
    I doubt Comey is going to give up anything new. His reputation has already been tarnished and questioned because of Clinton. He is not going to destroy himself by giving up more facts that might show how bad the Clinton case was botched. He's not going to take himself down any further.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. The Barbarian

+3,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    So far, Mueller has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 33 people and three companies.

I'm pretty sure 33 is larger than zero.

But "did you lie about being in contact with the Russians?" surely is. And that was the first indictment Mueller got. And, I believe, the first guilty plea. So there you are.

See above. Be patient. More to come.

6. The Barbarian

+3,152
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The fact that the republicans want to hide the testimony behind closed doors suggests that there's still a lot of things we haven't yet seen.

7. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,532
    Pentecostal
    I think it's a shot in the dark. They don't want to do it in the light and just have Comey not give up anything new. It would just make them look stupid. They want it behind closed doors to see if he really will come up with something or be honest. He won't. So nothing will come if it.