Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s reporton the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Saw this coming a long time ago.
Comey backtracking.
He will go down in history.
M-Bob

Reactions: NightHawkeye

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dang! Beat me to posting it by 2 minutes: :(

Internet is faster up top the mountain.

Closer to heaven, stars, goats and
communication satellites.

M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Comey must be feeling the heat. He's done this sort of thing before--trying to recast or blur some statement or situation involving him and do it in advance of some official action he sees coming his way.

He knows now that the writing is on the wall.

Would have never been exposed if Hillary would have been elected.

Seems this falls under the Deep State that some refuse to admit to be real?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Many expect to see the day when Comey, Brennan, and Clapper start pointing fingers at each other.
Of the three, Brennan definitely seems to have been the most ardently partisan, anti-Trump, and self-actualizing. Others have speculated that Brennan was the ring leader. Clapper seems to have always been a figurehead, taking direction from others. James Comey is now playing the part of an affable guy who just didn't know what was going on around him.

Somehow, the three musketeers doesn't have quite the right ring for these guys ... maybe there's another trio name which fits better. Probably best not to go there though.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Comey must be feeling the heat. He's done this sort of thing before--trying to recast or blur some statement or situation involving him and do it in advance of some official action he sees coming his way.

Nothings good enough for you, is it. The guy flat out said he was wrong, and for you that's "blur and recast". Sorry he wasn't on his knees in sackcloth and ashes...but even that wouldn't be enough as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That just may be coming as more is revealed in the future.
M-Bob

Why is it that people who's entire sense of being is centered by a religion based on forgiveness are so unwilling to forgive?

"depart from me, I never knew you"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nothings good enough for you, is it. The guy flat out said he was wrong, and for you that's "blur and recast".
You would have had to have watched and listened to this fellow in a number of his previous appearances before the media and various government panels to appreciate the point I was making. Obviously, my comment was not about what he said the other day alone.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it that people who's entire sense of being is centered by a religion based on forgiveness are so unwilling to forgive?

"depart from me, I never knew you"

I like God's love and justice.
M-Bob

What does it mean that God is a God of justice? | GotQuestions.org

Answer:
Justice is a term used for what is right or “as it should be.” Justice is one of God’s attributes and flows out of His holiness. Justice and righteousness are often used synonymously in the Bible. Since righteousness is the quality or character of being right or just, it is another attribute of God and incorporates both His justice and holiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Comey in this video still seems to be covering up for himself?

He should be to the point of embarrassment at this time to where he would just admit the many illegal dirty deeds he let slip by the FBI so as to help with the healing of the Country.

I guess for some True Repentance
is hard to find
or not even available?
M-Bob

Upvote 0