Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 26:21 & 27:1 The Lord is coming from His dwelling place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their sins. Their crimes will be revealed, all their wrongdoing exposed to view and on that Day, the Lord, with His cruel sword will punish Satan, that great deceiver.

Isaiah 27:2-5 On that great Day, that the Lord destroys His enemies, He will look to His people; Israel the vine, Judah the fig tree. He has given them every opportunity to obey His commands, but they have not been faithful. If only they were not My Covenant people, says the Lord, I would have trampled them down like weeds. Now, if they come to Me for refuge and make their peace with Me, I will bless them and they will fill the earth with righteousness.

Isaiah 27:6-9 In time to come Jacob’s descendants [natural and spiritual] will settle into all of the holy Land, they will live there in peace and prosperity. The Lord will not strike them as He will with the enemies. He will slaughter their attackers and wipe out those who hate His people. [The Gog/Magog attack]
The Lord’s judgement against the Israelites [all 12 tribes] has been expiated by their exile from the holy Land, their iniquity has now been wiped out. This removal of their sins has the result that they destroy all traces of what caused their transgressions.

Isaiah 27:10-13 On the Day that the Lord takes action, military ordnances will be destroyed, what is left will be used as fuel for cooking. All those people who failed to revere their Maker are without sense. He will give them no mercy, He who formed them will show them no favor.
On that Day, the Lord will search for His people. He will sound the trumpet call for all those of the House of Israel who were lost in Assyria and those of the House of Judah, dispersed around the world. They will be gathered one by one and will come to worship their God on Jerusalem’s holy Mountain.

Isaiah 43:1-2 But now, you Israelites, this is the Word of the Lord, your Creator: Have no fear, for I have redeemed you. I will call you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through water I will be with you, it will not overwhelm you. You will pass through fire and not be scorched, the Day of flaming retribution will not burn you. Psalms 97:1-12 Ref: REB. Abridged and paraphrased.

The great story, to happen in the very near future:
The Lord will use a natural event to punish the world for its sins. On that great Day, a CME sunstrike will burn up the attackers of Israel and wipe out those who hate His people. Malachi 4:1, Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12
On that terrible Day of His flaming retribution, Isaiah 30:26-30,2 Peter 3:7, the Lord will look to His people, all who call upon His Name and protect them from the scorching fire that will envelope the earth, Isaiah 13:9-13, Zephaniah 3:8 then He will gather all faithful Christians, be they Jacob’s descendants or grafted in, into the holy Land. Isaiah 66:18b-21, Isaiah 10:17-23, Romans 9:24-27
There, they will at last, be as God intended: a holy people, a light to the nations and sending out 144,000 missionaries to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Revelation 14:1-7

Reactions: faythymns

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The great story, to happen in the very near future:

I still have a hard time accepting your claims of this happening in our "very near future" when you ask me to disregard or simply "spiritualize away" the apostolic claims of it happening in THEIR "very near future".

When faced with these two polar opposite claims, that of yours and that of the apostles, My money's always on the apostles.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus.
We don't have to sit and wait for this - the Kingdom is already here. The claims that we're still waiting (ignoring much of what Jesus and His disciples said) reminds me a lot of this passage:

Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, 'Lo, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you." ~ Luke 17:20 - 21

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I still have a hard time accepting your claims of this happening in our "very near future" when you ask me to disregard or simply "spiritualize away" the apostolic claims of it happening in THEIR "very near future".

When faced with these two polar opposite claims, that of yours and that of the apostles, My money's always on the apostles.
I believe that God has made it look as though the Return of Jesus could have come at any time after He Ascended. The Apostles did seem to think so and the Church generally has had that view. It has kept us on our toes!
However; Jesus said that He would work for 2 days, then enter His reward. Luke 13:32 Confirmed by Hosea 6:2.
'Days' are explained by 2 witnesses- Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, as thousand year periods to us humans on earth. Since Jesus Ascended, there has been 1988 years pass, approx. And as the time periods from Jesus to Abraham and from Abraham to Adam, were both exactly 2000 years, then we can reasonably expect the last period; the Church age to finish in about 12 years. THAT is 'near future'!
Then the last 1000 years will be the Millennium reign of Jesus, completing the 7000 years decreed for mankind.
We don't have to sit and wait for this - the Kingdom is already here. The claims that we're still waiting (ignoring much of what Jesus and His disciples said) reminds me a lot of this passage:
The Kingdom is here now; within us Christians. Spiritually, but the King has not arrived to take up His throne yet. We are assured that this will happen. Acts 1:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul said heavenly Jerusalem is our home.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The woman at the well said earthly Jerusalem is the place to worship.
However, Christ corrected her.

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Peter was looking for the New Heavens and the New Earth, in 2 Peter 3:10-13, which is to come after the fire burns up this earth.
I am looking for the same thing.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul said heavenly Jerusalem is our home.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

The woman at the well said earthly Jerusalem is the place to worship.
However, Christ corrected her.

Joh 4:20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Peter was looking for the New Heavens and the New Earth, in 2 Peter 3:10-13, which is to come after the fire burns up this earth.
I am looking for the same thing. .
John 4:23 But the time is coming, indeed it is already here, when true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. These are the worshippers that the Father wants.
Jesus is plainly referring to the Church age that He and the Apostles, started.
And just as Jesus prophesied; we Christians worship everywhere but on the Temple mount in Jerusalem.

You look for the earth to be totally burned up? That belief contradicts many scriptures; Eccl 1:4, Ephesians 3:21, Psalms 78:69
No; the earth will be enveloped in flames and the constructions of man will be burned up, Zephaniah 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, but this applies mainly to the holy Land region.
Then the Lord promises regeneration; Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 35:1-10, Amos 9:13-15

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You look for the earth to be totally burned up? That belief contradicts many scriptures; Eccl 1:4, Ephesians 3:21, Psalms 78:69
No; the earth will be enveloped in flames and the constructions of man will be burned up, Zephaniah 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, but this applies mainly to the holy Land region.
Then the Lord promises regeneration; Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 35:1-10, Amos 9:13-15

Peter looked for the earth to be "burned up", and "dissolved", in the passage below.
Put some salt in water and stir it up, to see what happens to something that is "dissolved".

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter looked for the earth to be "burned up", and "dissolved", in the passage below.
Put some salt in water and stir it up, to see what happens to something that is "dissolved".

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If these things are taken in the literal sense, why is it then, in Revelation 19, a chapter where the context involves the 2nd coming, does Jesus need to fulfill verse 21 in that chapter? Why didn't they all just burn up with the earth instead, assuming you are the one correct here about 2 Peter 3?

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

So which is it then? Are these in Revelation 19:21 burned beyond recognition because the heavens and the entire earth are literally ablaze, thus Jesus doesn't need to fulfill Revelation 19:21 after all, or are these in Revelation 19:21 slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh, just like the text indicates?

And BTW, the imagery of birds feasting on dead human flesh, whether literal or not, that doesn't matter, but if the entire earth were literally ablaze at the time, using imagery of birds feasting on humans remains is nonsensical if that were the case.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your belief contradicts the many verses that say the earth will remain forever.
Remember, we only have translations for our Bibles and those translators were fallible humans.
It is plain that the earth will be renewed then, but dissolved: never.
After the Millennium, God Himself will dwell on earth, renewed but still a human habitation.

It is the great Day of the Lord's wrath by fire from the sun, that we should be aware of and prepared for; the world changer that will commence all the end times events.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your belief contradicts the many verses that say the earth will remain forever.
Remember, we only have translations for our Bibles and those translators were fallible humans.
It is plain that the earth will be renewed then, but dissolved: never.

Either Peter is confused in 2 Peter 3:10-13, or you are confused.

Did Peter say this earth is going to be dissolved?
Did Peter say this earth is going to burn?
Did Peter say he was looking for the New Heavens and New Earth?

What do you think Paul was talking about in the passage below?

Where is the Jerusalem which is above?

Rev_3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Rev_21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev_21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 52:1-14 Awake; Awake, Zion, put on your strength! Jerusalem, holy city, put on your splendid garments, for the heathen and the ungodly will never again enter you. Arise, captive city – shake off the dust and undo your bonds, you captive daughter of Zion.
The Lord says: You were sold, but no price was paid and without payment you will be redeemed. My people were captives in Egypt, then in Assyria, but now what do I find? My people in exile and My Name reviled constantly. But on the Day that I save My people, they will know My Name and know that it is the Lord who speaks. Here I am!

Deliverance is announced, as the Lord bares His holy arm and makes His power seen by the whole world. The watchmen of Zion shout for joy amid the ruins of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted His people.
Go out, leave Babylon behind, keep pure, you that keep the sacraments of the Lord. But you will not flee in urgent haste or leave like fugitives, for the Lord will go before you and your rearguard will be Israel’s God. My servant will achieve success; He will be honoured and exalted. The time was when many despised My people, just as My servant is despised and rejected, but now they will see what they had never understood and their minds will be filled with things unheard of before. Ref: REB. Abridged.

‘My people – in Assyria’, This refers to the ten Northern tribes of Israel, now the Western, Christian Nations. But specifically: the Lord’s people are now every faithful Christian, from every race, nation and language. Revelation 5:9-10

‘The Lord bares His holy arm – His power seen by the whole world’, This will be the next action of the Lord on earth. It is the many prophesied Great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a terrible judgement/punishment of fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis that will devastate and depopulate the entire Middle East, Ezekiel 30:1-5, and will severely affect all the world.

‘My servant’, The Lord Jesus Christ. It is Jesus who instigates this disaster, as we are told in Luke 3:17. He will not be seen on that Day, Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:3-6, and from the many graphic descriptions of this event, He will cause a Coronal Mass Ejection, an explosion of the suns surface of an unprecedented magnitude that will cause all the prophesied effects. Isaiah 30:25-30

‘The Lord saves His people’, Those faithful Christians, born again in Jesus, who keep His commandments, who trust in Him for their salvation and who heed the warnings to take shelter, will be protected on that Day. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

‘Go out of Babylon, but not as fugitives’, Babylon: a metaphor for the ungodly nations. The Lord’s people have wonderful promises of how they will be transported back into all of the holy Land, where they will live in peace and security. Palms 107

‘What they never understood’, The Lord’s plans are impossible to know by any atheist or false religion follower, but also those who study God’s Word in the Bible, if they have failed to properly discern the prophetic scriptures and allowed themselves to be swayed by false doctrines and teachings.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is not the whole world that gets burned up, just the land of Israel including Judea and Jerusalem.......whether in 70ad or future Jerusalem.

This unique word, #G3625, is used in only 4 verses of the Gospels and appears to signify a particular area of land. Note how it is used in Luke 2:1 and Romans 10:18.
Just thought this was interesting and why I do not view Revelation as global..........

Luke 2:1
And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the earth/(oikoumenē)<3625>, should be registered.

Is Paul talking about the whole planet or just the land in and around Israel?

Romans 10:18 -
But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:
“Their sound has gone out to all the land<1093>,
And their words to the ends of the earth/οἰκουμένης<3625>.

Matthew 24:14
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625> as a witness to all the nations,
and then the end will come.

Luke 21 also uses #3625 and most scholars agree that Luke's discourse concerns Jerusalem and Judea, whether 70ad or future:

Luke 21:26
“men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming upon the earth/οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē)<3625>,
for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Luke 4:5
Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him[fn] all the kingdoms of the earth /(oikoumenē)<3625> in a moment of time.

Used 3 times in Revelation

Revelation 3:10
“Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole earth/(oikoumenē)<3625>, to test those who dwell on the land<1093>
Revelation 12:9
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole earth/(oikoumenē)<3625>; he was cast to the land<1093>, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 16:14
For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the land<1093> and[fn] of the whole world/(oikoumenē)<3625>, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

G3625 οἰκουμένης — 4x (NKJV)

The exact word form of #3625 used in Revelation 3:10 and Revelation 6:14

mGNT — 15x in 4 unique form(s) TR — 15x in 4 unique form(s)

οἰκουμένη — 1x
οἰκουμένῃ — 2x
οἰκουμένην — 8x
οἰκουμένης — 4x

Luke 4:5 -
Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him[fn] all the kingdoms of the earth/οἰκουμένης<3625> in a moment of time.
Romans 10:18 -
But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:
“Their sound has gone out to all the land<1093>,
And their words to the ends of the earth/οἰκουμένης<3625>.

οικουμενη (oi-kou-MEN-ay — the latter syllable of which rhymes with ‘day’) is the present feminine passive participle of the verb οικεω (oi-KEH-oh), the transitive sense of which is ‘live’, ‘dwell’. In 1 Timothy 6:16 the verb is used in an intransitive sense meaning ‘live in’.
There is no single English word that includes the entire semantic range of οικουμενη , which includes the following per BDAG:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is not the whole world that gets burned up, just the land of Israel including Judea and Jerusalem.......whether in 70ad or future Jerusalem.
Correct, except that the holy Land includes all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. All the Middle East region will be wiped clean, even birds and fishes will be gone; Hosea 4:3, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 24:1, +

But on the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, all the world will be affected and what the Lord will use, will destroy our modern infrastructure, wipe out all military power and reset our civilization, commencing all the prophesied events leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BABerean2 said:
LittleLambofJesus said:
Correct,........
But on the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, all the world will be affected, what the Lord will use will destroy our modern infrastructure, wipe out all military power and reset our civilization, commencing all the prophesied events leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.
Nope.
Still not showing the whole global world, just specific people in Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and Revelation, IMHO

Matthew 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,
Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the being about wrath/ ὀργῆς<3709>?

Luke 3:7
Then he said to the multitudes that came out to be baptized by him,
Brood of vipers! Who warned ye to flee from the being about wrath/ὀργῆς<3709>?

Luke is the only one that mentions "vengeance", "great distress" and "wrath" together
"DAYS OF VENGEANCE" Isaiah 61:2 and Luke 21:22 Revelation

Luke 21:
22 That days of Vengeance/ekdikhsewV <1557> these are,
of the to be fulfilled all the having been written, .
23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
For there will be Great Distress <318> in the land and Wrath/<3709> upon this People.

Revelation 6:
16 And they are saying to the mountains and to the rocks "be falling upon us! and hide us! from Face of the One sitting upon the Throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb
17 that came the day, the great of His wrath
and who is able to stand'. [Hosea 10:8/Luke 23:30]

Then I keyed in the phrase "who able to stand" and behold! Malachi, Levites and Judah/Jerusalem show up:

"WHO IS ABLE STAND" (NKJV)

Malachi 3:
2“But who can endure the day of His coming?
And who can stand when He appears?
For He is like a refiner’s fire And like launderers’ soap.
3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,...................
4 “Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem Will be pleasant to the LORD,
As in the days of old, As in former years.

Nahum 1:6

Who can stand before His wrath?
And who can endure the fierceness of His anger?
His fury is poured out like fire,
And the rocks are thrown down by Him.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0