Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" has "Here I raise mine Ebenezer." The prophet Samuel erected a stone as a memorial to God's faithfulness for helping the Israelites win a battle against the Philistines. He named the stone Ebenezer, which means "stone of help."

From the Witchita Kansas Eagle website. They did an interesting article about the little mystery lyrics in many popular hymns.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
crossrunner said:
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" has "Here I raise mine Ebenezer." The prophet Samuel erected a stone as a memorial to God's faithfulness for helping the Israelites win a battle against the Philistines. He named the stone Ebenezer, which means "stone of help."

From the Witchita Kansas Eagle website. They did an interesting article about the little mystery lyrics in many popular hymns.
most excellent... thanks for the answer....

You should post the article here for all to enjoy

Upvote 0

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
crossrunner said:

That is so good to know! I love this song and have always wondered what this line meant. Thank you so much for sharing! :clap:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.