Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is how Spiritual Darkness sounds when it teaches or believes wrong.

1.) "you can lose your salvation".

2.) 'im afraid i have blasphemed the holy spirit".

3.) "if your faith is dead, then you are going to hell".

4.) "if you dont hold unto your faith, you are going to hell"

5.) "James teaches that its not just by faith, but you have to work your way into heaven"

6.) "im supposed to be sinning and confessing, and that is why i do it, thats real Christianity"

7.) "noone can stop sinning".

8,) "if you are still sinning, then its because you are not really born again".

9.) "water baptism saved me"

10.) "if you dont endure to the end, you will die and go to hell".

11.) "Hebrews 10:26 says that a unsaved Hebrew (Jew) has willfully sinned and is a Christ Rejector, and that means its a Christian that did it."

12.) "God created all the evil in the world".

13.)"God chooses some for hell, and others for heaven, and there is no Free will".

14.) "If you dont confess all your sin, then your sin is not forgiven".

15.) "sin is forgiven, but not any that you commit after you are saved... unless you confess them ALL".

------------------

So, did i call your number?
Did i hit you with a bullseye?

So, if you are any of that or all of that, or most of that, then you are in the Dark.
And what does that mean?
It means this. :

Jesus said..."be careful that the LIGHT that is in you, is not DARKNESS"..

So, this means a person, who is born again, can be a DARK LIGHT.

This means, they teach contrary to TRUTH< as Truth is LIGHT, which exposes them as deceived by the devil.

So, how do you stop being that Dark Light?

You go here.. Hebrews 13:9
And you come to the revelation of this verse.
This means that all the JUNK , all the "doctrines of Man" that has created you to be a Dark Light, what i just listed as your BELIEF SYSTEM......you find your way OUT of that Spiritual Darkness by establishing your Heart of FAITH, totally, carefully, and endlessly, on and in= The Grace of God.
Hebrews 13:9

And when you get there, this is how you know you have arrived, or if you have not yet.
You will BELIEVE that you can not lose your salvation...... no matter what, and you will believe that you don't have to keep it, because Jesus's Blood always keeps it for you.
That is the first Truth you have to BELIEVE, that once received and believed, defines that you have begun to understand, comprehend, and live within your "in Christ" eternal Status,....
= that is to exist in the RIGHT MIND, that is "Walking in the Spirit."

How do you get there?
First you SEE YOURSELF as not being within the Truth regarding God's Grace.
If you are on that List, then im talking to you.
Look at that list again.....Are you on it?
You have to start there to be freed from these Satanic Strongholds.
To recognize yourself, is LIGHT.
To come away from deception, is Deliverance.

Hope4life7777

Dec 29, 2020
Texas
✟7,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great topic and definitely shows the difference between religion and relationship.

I’m still trying to make my way around here, just signed up. I have a question that has been asked to me. I’m not exactly sure how to answer it? If Adultery was committed 24 years ago in a 40 year marriage, and person repented before God, is the full forgiveness given only when you confess it to the spouse? This is complex and I want advice how to guide this person. I would generally say yes confess as that’s what the Bible says.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great topic and definitely shows the difference between religion and relationship.

I’m still trying to make my way around here, just signed up. I have a question that has been asked to me. I’m not exactly sure how to answer it? If Adultery was committed 24 years ago in a 40 year marriage, and person repented before God, is the full forgiveness given only when you confess it to the spouse? This is complex and I want advice how to guide this person. I would generally say yes confess as that’s what the Bible says.

That sin you are referring to was Cleansed by the Blood of Jesus, 2000+ yrs ago.

Here is the beauty of the Blood Atonement...... It has already forgiven ALL your sin.
See, it has to be so, or the blood of Jesus would be of no use. = It has to provide complete forgiveness, before you confess the sin, or this would mean that the Blood of Jesus is conditional on your confession, and if that is the case then the Grace of God is not Grace at all.

Confessing sin, clears your guilty conscience, and that is all it does.

So, when the born again behave in a way that is not appropriate regarding our Born Again position, we have to realize that whatever the sin is, .. Christ has ALREADY paid for it ALL.
This is why the NT says that "there is now (NOW) no condemnation, to those who are "in Christ".

And Note,
1.) ALL the born again are "in Christ"

Now, read Roman's 4:8, and notice that God does not charge the born again with their sin.
And this is where the Legalist, loses their mind, as they are trying to stay clean and stay saved, by their <self effort> of confessing and repenting.... and that is a fail.

Romans 4:8 tells us that God does not charge YOU, if you are born again, with your SIN, in eternity.
Why is that? How can that be?
Its because God has already charged JESUS with them ALL on earth. = THE Cross.
See that?

Now Here is wisdom...
God can't judge twice the same sin..
So, once He has Judged JESUS on the Cross for All your sin, including tomorrows.... then He can't judge you for any of them, in eternity, as Jesus has already paid for them All.... on The Cross.

So, what about that sin??
Well, even tho God does not charge you, there is a law in effect..."sowing and reaping".
So, that spiritual law deals with both sinners and Saints who are committing works of the flesh.
That Spiritual Law, brings a harvest, as sin is a seed, and one way or another, there is a future recompense, but that is not God judging you......that is : "be sure you sin will find you out".
So, in that case, you deal with it honestly, and you then deal with the consequences, as THAT is the payment for committing works of the Flesh, such as Adultery, or Cheating on your Taxes, or watching inappropriate content.
You won't be judged for this in Eternity, because Jesus has already been judged for your works of the flesh on THE CROSS. But down here, you reap what you sow.
This is known as "consequence".,and that varies, even regarding the same sin.
The good news is, that all things work together for those who love God and are called according to his purpose.. (His purpose is John 3:16).....so, no matter what you've done, if you will make it right and get it behind you, then God will take that wrong and in time, make everything align according to His mercy.

Ok, that the is Theological answer.
But lets say a person came to me and said.....>"Preacher, help....... 40 yrs ago, a week after i was just married, it was winter, and i was getting some gas, and i saw my old Girlfriend in the parking lot, and she had a flat tire. So, i helped her, and got dirty doing it, mud and filth, and she invited me to her place to clean up, where i had been hundreds of times.......and while i was there, i messed up, and oh GOD !!!!!!!!!!! 40 yrs, im still sick about it......i can't stop the GUILT">... As i have never done such a thing again, and i have 4 children and if i told my wife it would kill her........what do i do.......40 yrs.. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

So, here is what i would do.
I would cry with you, and i would hug you, and i would tell you.....>"go and sin no more".
Enjoy your life, and love your wife, and let the past be the past.

So, that is how i would deal with it, all things being honest., all thing being true.

Listen Saint, the heart of the Law is mercy. And Jesus is the heart of God, and He told them..>"go and sin no more".
See, people mess up. Believers mess up.
But God is the author of the never ending 2nd Chance.
God is good all the time, and He absolutely understands what it means to be human, how this feels, because God became one of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

5.) "James teaches that its not just by faith, but you have to work your way into heaven"

6.) "im supposed to be sinning and confessing, and that is why i do it, thats real Christianity"

11.) "Hebrews 10:26 says that a unsaved Hebrew (Jew) has willfully sinned and is a Christ Rejector, and that means its a Christian that did it."

13.)"God chooses some for hell, and others for heaven, and there is no Free will".

15.) "sin is forgiven, but not any that you commit after you are saved... unless you confess them ALL".

------------------

So, if you are any of that or all of that, or most of that, then you are in the Dark.
And what does that mean?
It means this. :

This means, they teach contrary to TRUTH< as Truth is LIGHT, which exposes them as deceived by the devil.

This means that all the JUNK , all the "doctrines of Man" that has created you to be a Dark Light, what i just listed as your BELIEF SYSTEM......you find your way OUT of that Spiritual Darkness by establishing your Heart of FAITH, totally, carefully, and endlessly, on and in= The Grace of God.

And when you get there, this is how you know you have arrived, or if you have not yet.
You will BELIEVE that you can not lose your salvation...... no matter what, and you will believe that you don't have to keep it, because Jesus's Blood always keeps it for you.
That is the first Truth you have to BELIEVE, that once received and believed, defines that you have begun to understand, comprehend, and live within your "in Christ" eternal Status,....

How do you get there?

Are you trying to say that all you have to do is have faith? That I can just believe and be saved?

"James teaches that its not just by faith, but you have to work your way into heaven"

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to say that all you have to do is have faith? That I can just believe and be saved?

"James teaches that its not just by faith, but you have to work your way into heaven"

The only work that God allows and accepts on behalf of a dirty rotten unrighteous sinner, is "the finished work of Jesus, on the Cross".

So, its like this, Ark F1....If you are God, and you are born of a Virgin, and you died on the Cross, bearing the sin of the world, then feel free to keep playing a self righteous game of self saving and Legalism.

However, and listen up...... if you are not Jesus, and you are not God as Christ, then immediately repent of all ideas and behavior that has tried to replace ONLY what God has provided as Salvation.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only work that God allows and accepts on behalf of a dirty rotten unrighteous sinner, is "the finished work of Jesus, on the Cross".

So, its like this, Ark F1....If you are God, and you are born of a Virgin, and you died on the Cross, bearing the sin of the world, then feel free to keep playing a self righteous game of self saving and Legalism.

However, and listen up...... if you are not Jesus, and you are not God as Christ, then immediately repent of all ideas and behavior that has tried to replace ONLY what God has provided as Salvation.

I'm not understanding your reply at all. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not understanding your reply at all. Sorry.

Yes.

So, think of it like this..

What we can never achieve, of ourselves.... is the same righteousness or holiness that God possesses.
WE have all sinned, so, we can never be good enough, on our own, to be accepted by God.
And that means, both before we are saved, and after we are saved..

IN both cases....... all our works are unrighteous compared to GOD's righteousness.
So, there is no being good enough that will cause God to accept us, as we have SINNED.

See, its because we have no righteousness, is the reason that God had to come down here and give us His.
And its only by us receiving God's very Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness", that we are MADE Righteous, by God, .....so that......He can take us into His family.
This is: Salvation.

So, all our works, after we are saved, are just as dirty as they were before we were saved, YET our Born Again Spirit is RIGHTEOUS, "incorruptible"..and that is the Spiritual part of us that Exists IN GOD, as "the righteousness of God, born again....." in Christ".
We are Born AGAIN, into God's Spirit, and that is where we exist., and that is the only reason that God has taken us, and will keep us.

So, all the works, and the enduring......that is useless with regards to being Accepted by God and Kept by God.
See, if your works could cause God to take you and keep you, then God would not have come down here to Die on The Cross, as there would have been no need or reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

So, think of it like this..

What we can never achieve, of ourselves.... is the same righteousness or holiness that God possesses.
WE have all sinned, so, we can never be good enough, on our own, to be accepted by God.
And that means, both before we are saved, and after we are saved..

IN both cases....... all our works are unrighteous compared to GOD's righteousness.
So, there is no being good enough that will cause God to accept us, as we have SINNED.

See, its because we have no righteousness, is the reason that God had to come down here give us His.
And its only by us receiving God's very Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness", that we are MADE Righteous, by God, .....so that......He can take us into His family.

So, all our works, after we are saved, are just as dirty as they were before we were saved, but our Borh Again Spirit, is RIGHTEOUS, and that is the part that Exists IN GOD, as "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
We are Born AGAIN, into God's Spirit, and that is where we exist., and that is the only reason that God has taken us, and will keep us.

So, all the works, and the enduring......that is useless with regards to being Accepted by God and Kept by God.
See, if your works could cause God to take you and keep you, then God would not have come down here to Die on The Cross.

Works are required. Each time you are presented with an obstacle God is expecting you to do good works. The number or amount doesn't matter but you are required. If you do not follow what is written you will be found lukewarm on judgment day.

Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works are required. .

Works are a part of DISCIPLESHIP.

Salvation, is not Discipleship.

Salvation is what GOD DID FOR YOU< as "the GIFT of Salvation".

The works you do, after you are Saved, are not to keep yourself saved, but are discipleship.
In other words, its what you do BECAUSE You are going to Heaven.

Think of it like this...

If you join the ARMY, you get a UNIFORM.

That Uniform, is what you wear because you are already IN the Army.
Wearing it, is like Discipleship....>Its what you do, because you are already IN.....but if you took it off, you are still the Army, and if you are a good Christian or a terrible Christian, you are still "in Christ".

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Works are a part of DISCIPLESHIP.

Salvation, is not Discipleship.

Salvation is what GOD DID FOR YOU< as "the GIFT of Salvation".

The works you do, after you are Saved, are not to keep yourself saved, but are discipleship.
In other words, its what you do BECAUSE You are going to Heaven.

Think of it like this...

If you join the ARMY, you get a UNIFORM.

That Uniform, is what you wear because you are already IN the Army.
Wearing it, is like Discipleship....>Its what you do, because you are already IN.....but if you took it off, you are still the Army, and if you are a good Christian or a terrible Christian, you are still "in Christ".

If you are not fully committed to God you will be rejected, spit out. This applies to those already saved.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟319,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

------------------

And what does that mean?
It means this. :

How do you get there?
If a person doesn’t recognize that a child of light can reject that light and move back into darkness again, then they’re in the dark to one degree or another themselves. They haven’t yet recognized the light and love behind all the exhortations and warnings and admonishments and encouragements to believers to remain in the light, remain in Christ, refrain from sin, put to death the deeds of the flesh, be vigilant, strive, persevere, do good, wash their robes, make their calling and election sure, live by the Spirit, do for “the least of these”, forgive others, be holy and pure of heart because without these no one sees the Lord.

But within that struggle, the struggle against sin, we prove ourselves with the help of our new partner, God the Holy Spirit; we work out our salvation, we grow in righteousness or justice, in love, really, as we overcome, as we more fully choose good over evil, as we more fully embrace and love God, to put it another way. Or not. He never totally overrides our wills, because He wants them involved for our own good; He doesn’t prevent us from going back to our vomit anymore than He prevented Adam from sinning to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟319,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All you have proven by your struggle against sin, is that you are still sinning and confessing the longer you struggle.

So, go here.

Leave the Law = To Exist In Grace.
Already been there. Faith and the New Covenant are not about giving us license to be unrighteous or freeing us from the obligation to be righteous but they're about finally giving us the true means to be righteous, to be who God created us to be (He never created us to be sinners after all): the right way, His way, the way defined by a righteousness known as love, the love that the Spirit pours out into our hearts (Rom 5:5). This comes as we enter a union with Him, the source of all goodness and love, a relationship that we were made for, established by faith. And we show that we wish to remain in that state of righteousness-we exercise our freedom to choose good over evil- to the extent that we remain in Him. "Apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

And love expresses itself in a myriad of ways, by doing for "the least of these" (Matt 25), by doing good without which no one inherits eternal life (Rom 2:7), by fulfilling the law -as it hates and opposes harm to neighbor (Rom 13:10), by putting to death the sins of the flesh (Rom 8:12-13), by forgiving, without which the Father will not forgive us (Matt 6:15), by walking with and obeying the will of God in general, doing the works prepared for us in advance (Eph 2:10). We show our knowledge of God by our love for Him and neighbor, by loving as He does IOW.

And without that most important virtue of love we're nothing, as Paul tells us in 1 Cor 13. We'll actually be judged on that love, which is both a gift and a human choice. Man must never forget his obligation to be righteous or just, since unrighteousness or injustice (sin) still earns us death, still separates us from God IOW. But he cannot find that righteousness on his own, even while under the law which only tells him how to act rightly; he only finds it in God, who gives man the power, the love, to actually do so. That's what it means to be under grace.

"...not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith" (Phil 3:9).

"And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." Rom 8:4

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live." Rom 8:12-13

And anyone who does not admit that the walk can be grueling at times, that we struggle against sin, that we're far from perfect in this life, that we compromise, that our love is not yet perfected IOW, and that they must strive and persevere with the possibility of failing, is probably not being very honest with themselves, or understand the gospel so well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Already been there. Faith and the New Covenant are not about giving us license to be unrighteous or freeing us from the obligation to be righteous but they're about finally giving us the true means to be righteous, to be who God created us to be (He never created us to be sinners after all):.

You are reading my Threads and posts more carefully.
Good for you.

And yes, Salvation is God's Righteousness become us as born again.

Salvation is all of God's blood and none of our works.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟319,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are reading my Threads and posts more carefully.
Good for you.

And yes, Salvation is God's Righteousness become us as born again.

Salvation is all of God's blood and none of our works.
Yes, our only role is to remain in Him, which He’ll force no one to do at the end of the day. We can always turn away, and back to sin. We can always “die again” by separating ourselves from God, we can forfeit our justified state by living and acting unjustly. And any idea that views our walk with God as nothing more than resolving to believe that we’re saved is to reduce it all to nothing more than a mental exercise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, our only role is to remain in Him, which He’ll force no one to do at the end of the day. We can always turn away, and back to sin.

Do you confess your sin?
If so, for you to state "we can always turn back to sin", is really quite disingenuous.

So, why not move away from the carnal faith that is to "try to stay saved by SELF" and move into the Light of the Grace of God which will deliver you from the "sinning and repenting and confessing", flesh trap?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟319,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you confess your sin?
If so, for you to state "we can always turn back to sin", is really quite disingenuous.
How could it possibly be disingenuous?? The only reason for confession would be to reconcile after committing sin that’s so grave that it constitutes a turning away from God, back to darkness, as it stands in opposition to Him and love by its very nature. “Sin that leads to death”, as it separates us from God all over again. A renewed change of heart is required. God cannot be mocked; we reap what we sow. Etc
So, why not move away from the carnal faith that is to "try to stay saved by SELF" and move into the Light of the Grace of God which will deliver you from the "sinning and repenting and confessing", flesh trap?
Sheez! This change of heart with contrition and repentance is nothing if not all about recognizing our need for grace, for Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0