Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2:16

(CLV) Col 2:16
Let no one, then, be judging you in food or in drink or in the particulars of a festival, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,

Colossae is in Southwest Turkey. It's over a 800 mile walk from Jerusalem. There wasn't a strong Jewish presence there, judging the Pagans for eating what Pagans eat, nor drinking what Pagans drink, nor for observing their Pagan holidays.

Let's back up to verse 8.

(CLV) Col 2:8
Beware that no one shall be despoiling you through philosophy and empty seduction, in accord with human tradition, in accord with the elements of the world, and not in accord with Christ,

None of what is bolded has anything to do with following Torah.

Messiah wouldn't be taking part in Pagan holidays. He wouldn't be eating pigs sacrificed to Tammuz. He wouldn't be drinking blood.

Messiah would keep YHWH's appointed times and Sabbaths, even as Paul did, long after Yahshua had ascended.

(CLV) Col 2:21
"You should not be touching, nor yet tasting, nor yet coming into contact,"

(CLV) Col 2:22
(which things are all for corruption from use), in accord with the directions and teachings of men?

YHWH outlined in Leviticus what was given to us for food.

(CLV) 1Co 11:1
Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ.

When a believer begins following Paul; as Paul followed Yahshua; as Yahshua followed the Torah; he becomes subjected to pressure from his friends and family, to drag him back into his old ways.

I gave up pork when I was 16. Every time I would visit my grandmother; it was pork, no matter what the meal.
This battle lasted until I was in my mid 30's, after her daughter, my mother, died.

There was resistance when I stopped bringing trees into my home.

(CLV) Jer 10:2
Thus says Yahweh: The way of the nations, do not learn, And by the signs of the heavens, do not be dismayed, Though the nations are being dismayed by them.
(CLV) Jer 10:3
Indeed concerning the statutes of the peoples, it all is vanity, For one cuts it down, a tree from the wildwood, The work of an artificer's hands with an adz;
(CLV) Jer 10:4
With silver and with gold he makes it lovely; With nails and with hammers they fasten it, so that it cannot quaver.

When I stopped celebrating that winter solstice holiday; the resistance continued to intensify.

There is evidence that there was also a strong Gnostic community in Colossae.

(which things are all for corruption from use), in accord with the directions and teachings of men?

(CLV) Col 2:23
which are (having, indeed, an expression of wisdom in a willful ritual and humility and asceticism) not of any value toward the surfeiting of the flesh.

Is this about Gnosticism, or is this about avoiding the abominable? One thing that's clear is that the YHWH's Torah does not fall under the directions and teachings of men.

Let's move to the next verse.

(CLV) Col 2:17
which are a shadow of those things which are impending—yet the body is the Christ's.

Here Paul explains that YHWH's Sabbath, and his Moedim (feasts), are a shadow of what is to come; and that the shadow is of Messiah.

Messiah was executed on Passover, without leaven, to begin the Moed of Unleavened Bread. He was risen on First Fruits. He brought us the Ruach Ha'Kodesh on Pentecost, that the Torah may be written on our hearts.

His first coming was connected with the Spring Moedim. His second coming may be connected to the Fall Moedim.

He will return on the final trump. This may be associated with the Feast of Trumpets. He will judge the world. This may be associated with the Day of Atonement. The Feast of Tabernacles may be associated with the wedding feast.

YHWH's moedim are appointements with the Father, and rehearsals.

Paul was encouraging the new converts not to let their Pagan and Gnostic, friends and family, judge them; as they walked near, in the shadow of Messiah, keeping in stride with YHWH's perfect Torah.

Last edited:

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul was encouraging the new converts not to let their Pagan and Gnostic, friends and family, judge them; as they walked near, in the shadow of Messiah, keeping in stride with YHWH's perfect Torah.
How could/can believers prevent anyone from judging them? What effect does the "judgement" of nonbelievers have on believers, if any?

Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How could/can believers prevent anyone from judging them?

Believers can't stop people from judging them. I believe that what Paul is trying to say, is not to be led astray by that judgement

What effect does the "judgement" of nonbelievers have on believers, if any?

It can have a tremendous effect. I mentioned in the OP, what I went through by pulling away from the solstice holiday. It hurts when those whom we love, attack us in our walks.

I've spoken to former Jews at the Messianic congregations that I've attended. They've given me heart wrenching stories about their families spitting on them, disowning them, calling them dead; as they came to Messiah.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believers can't stop people from judging them. I believe that what Paul is trying to say, is not to be led astray by that judgement
It can have a tremendous effect. I mentioned in the OP what I went through by pulling away from the solstice holiday. It hurts when those whom we love, attack us in our walks...
A good example of reinterpreting scripture to make it fit one's assumptions/presuppositions.
You said "I believe that what Paul is trying to say, is not to be led astray by that judgement.." Then why didn't he say that? If a believer can be led astray by the judgement of nonbelievers then they must not have been much of a believer. Sounds like that rocky soil Jesus talked about.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God
Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. .
James 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
2 Peter 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A good example of reinterpreting scripture to make it fit one's assumptions/presuppositions.
You said "I believe that what Paul is trying to say, is not to be led astray by that judgement.." Then why didn't he say that? If a believer can be led astray by the judgement of nonbelievers then they must not have been much of a believer. Sounds like that rocky soil Jesus talked about.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God
Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. .
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
All confirming that there are challenges to walking the narrow Way.

Revelation 21:7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Let no one, then, be judging you in food or in drink or in the particulars of a festival, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,

Colossae is in Southwest Turkey. It's over a 800 mile walk from Jerusalem. There wasn't a strong Jewish presence there, judging the Pagans for eating what Pagans eat, nor drinking what Pagans drink, nor for observing their Pagan holidays.

Beware that no one shall be despoiling you through philosophy and empty seduction, in accord with human tradition, in accord with the elements of the world, and not in accord with Christ,

Messiah wouldn't be taking part in Pagan holidays. He wouldn't be eating pigs sacrificed to Tammuz. He wouldn't be drinking blood.

Messiah would keep YHWH's appointed times and Sabbaths, even as Paul did, long after Yahshua had ascended.

When a believer begins following Paul; as Paul followed Yahshua; as Yahshua followed the Torah; he becomes subjected to pressure from his friends and family, to drag him back into his old ways.

I gave up pork when I was 16. Every time I would visit my grandmother; it was pork, no matter what the meal.
This battle lasted until I was in my mid 30's, after her daughter, my mother, died.

Thus says Yahweh: The way of the nations, do not learn, And by the signs of the heavens, do not be dismayed, Though the nations are being dismayed by them.
Indeed concerning the statutes of the peoples, it all is vanity, For one cuts it down, a tree from the wildwood, The work of an artificer's hands with an adz;
With silver and with gold he makes it lovely; With nails and with hammers they fasten it, so that it cannot quaver.

When I stopped celebrating that winter solstice holiday; the resistance continued to intensify.

which are (having, indeed, an expression of wisdom in a willful ritual and humility and asceticism) not of any value toward the surfeiting of the flesh.

Is this about Gnosticism, or is this about avoiding the abominable? One thing that's clear is that the YHWH's Torah does not fall under the directions and teachings of men.

which are a shadow of those things which are impending—yet the body is the Christ's.

Here Paul explains that YHWH's Sabbath, and his Moedim (feasts), are a shadow of what is to come; and that the shadow is of Messiah.

Messiah was executed on Passover, without leaven, to begin the Moed of Unleavened Bread. He was risen on First Fruits. He brought us the Ruach Ha'Kodesh on Pentecost, that the Torah may be written on our hearts.

His first coming was connected with the Spring Moedim. His second coming may be connected to the Fall Moedim.

He will return on the final trump. This may be associated with the Feast of Trumpets. He will judge the world. This may be associated with the Day of Atonement. The Feast of Tabernacles may be associated with the wedding feast.

I totally agree God does not change, we must change. Surrender our will to God's will. Which is the whole reason Jesus died on the cross. So God could put His Spirit in us, to change us. Praise God, Praise His Son Jesus. He paid the price so I could be righteous before God. That is why Christians are suppose to establish the law.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I believe this is a good example of interpreting scripture in the only possible context. Believers wouldn't be judging believers for following the Torah.

You said "I believe that what Paul is trying to say, is not to be led astray by that judgement.."Then why didn't he say that?

I believe he did. I just pointed that out. Paul was writing a letter of encouragement to those new to belief at Colossae. I believe it similar to haveing someone say, "don't let him insult you," when someone is trying to insult him.

We can't be insulted, unless we allow ourselves to be insulted. It's the same with judgment. We can't be judged by others, unless we place ourselves in their jurisdiction. They can attack us; they can kill us; but they can't judge us unless we permit it.

If a believer can be led astray by the judgement of nonbelievers then they must not have been much of a believer. Sounds like that rocky soil Jesus talked about.

With proper care, will not seeds flourish in rocky soil?.

These verses support my point. You might find this passage relevant too:

(CLV) Lk 16:30
Yet he said, `Not, father Abraham, but if someone should be going to them from the dead, they will be repenting.'

(CLV) Lk 16:31
Yet he said to him, `If Moses and the prophets they are not hearing, neither will they be |persuaded if someone should be rising from among the dead.'"

(CLV) Lk 17:1
Now He said to His disciples, "Incredible is it for snares not to be coming. Moreover, woe to him through whom they are coming!

(CLV) Lk 17:2
An advantage were it to him if a millstone were lying about his neck and he were pitched into the sea, rather than that he should be snaring one of these little ones.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe this is a good example of interpreting scripture in the only possible context. Believers wouldn't be judging believers for following the Torah.
I believe he did. I just pointed that out. Paul was writing a letter of encouragement to those new to belief at Colossae. I believe it similar to haveing someone say, "don't let him insult you," when someone is trying to insult him.
We can't be insulted, unless we allow ourselves to be insulted. It's the same with judgment. We can't be judged by others, unless we place ourselves in their jurisdiction. They can attack us; they can kill us; but they can't judge us unless we permit it.
With proper care, will not seeds flourish in rocky soil?.
These verses support my point. You might find this passage relevant too:
(CLV) Lk 16:30
Yet he said, `Not, father Abraham, but if someone should be going to them from the dead, they will be repenting.'
(CLV) Lk 16:31
Yet he said to him, `If Moses and the prophets they are not hearing, neither will they be |persuaded if someone should be rising from among the dead.'"
(CLV) Lk 17:1
Now He said to His disciples, "Incredible is it for snares not to be coming. Moreover, woe to him through whom they are coming!
(CLV) Lk 17:2
An advantage were it to him if a millstone were lying about his neck and he were pitched into the sea, rather than that he should be snaring one of these little ones
Note how many times you say "I believe" NOT what scripture says.
Where did Jesus teach "With proper care, seeds will flourish in rocky soil?"
This is how scripture is interpreted by people who have been indoctrinated in a particular heterodox religious group.
The new Christians at Colossae or any other place did not have that background they could only interpret the scripture as written. Unless you can show me where any disciple instructed the new Christians at Colossae that they were required to observe OT holydays, new moons, sabbaths etc. Let us remember few if any of the Colossians had the OT. They certainly didn't have the NT because most of it had not been written.
They did not have electronic devices where they could instantly call up any OT/NT verse so they could ONLY interpret it in the exact sense that it was written not a bunch of speculation based on OT verses they did not have and NT verses which had not been written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

How about quoting the two verses together.

Colossians 2:16-17
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day, things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Notice both the 'new moon' and the 'Sabbath day' are used in this verse. This is definitely pointing to the Jewish rest days recorded in the law.

Also, if your going to be judged by someone, what better way, than pointing your finger at them. When they are working on the Jewish sabbath day.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Note how many times you say "I believe" NOT what scripture says.

What does the scripture say?

Where did Jesus teach "With proper care, seeds will flourish in rocky soil?"

He didn't have to It's a matter of fact. I already presented the millstone verse. It's another metaphor, which proves my point.

This is how scripture is interpreted by people who have been indoctrinated in a particular heterodox religious group.

How is that?

The new Christians at Colossae or any other place did not have that background they could only interpret the scripture as written.

What back ground? What's your point?

Unless you can show me where any disciple instructed the new Christians at Colossae that they were required to observe OT holydays, new moons, sabbaths etc

Does it have to be a disciple? Why isn't the Masters word good enough?

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

Let us remember few if any of the Colossians had the OT.

It only takes one to read it every Shabbat.

(CLV) Ac 15:21
For Moses, from ancient generations, city by city, has those who are heralding him, being read on every sabbath in the synagogues."

They certainly didn't have the NT because most of it had not been written.

They had their letter, supposedly from Paul.

They did not have electronic devices where they could instantly call up any OT/NT verse so they could ONLY interpret it in the exact sense that it was written not a bunch of speculation based on OT verses they did not have and NT verses which had not been written.

Why do you persist in asserting that they didn't have the TaNaK? Talk about speculation...

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How about quoting the two verses together.

Colossians 2:16-17
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day, things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Notice both the 'new moon' and the 'Sabbath day' are used in this verse. This is definitely pointing to the Jewish rest days recorded in the law.

Also, if your going to be judged by someone, what better way, than pointing your finger at them. When they are working on the Jewish sabbath day.

Again, as I pointed out in the OP, there was no strong Jewish presence in Colossae.

Besides, Paul isn't going to tell them to break Sabbath as they follow Messiah. It can't be done.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does the scripture say?
He didn't have to It's a matter of fact. I already presented the millstone verse. It's another metaphor, which proves my point.
How is that?
What back ground? What's your point?
Does it have to be a disciple? Why isn't the Masters word good enough?
(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
It only takes one to read it every Shabbat.
(CLV) Ac 15:21
For Moses, from ancient generations, city by city, has those who are heralding him, being read on every sabbath in the synagogues."
They had their letter, supposedly from Paul.
Why do you persist in asserting that they didn't have the TaNaK? Talk about speculation..
The average person did not have copies of the scriptures because they had to be handwritten which was very time consuming therefore very expensive,
You cannot show me one verse where former pagan Christians regularly attended synagogues.

Fragments from the Lost Writings of Irenaeus.XXXVIII.
The
43 apostles ordained, that “we should not judge any one in respect to meat or drink, or in regard to a feast day, or the new moons, or the sabbaths.” (Col_2:16) Whence then these contentions? whence these schisms? We keep the feast, but in the leaven of malice and wickedness, cutting in pieces the Church of God; and we preserve what belongs to its exterior, that we may cast away these better things, faith and love. We have heard from the prophetic words that these feasts and fasts are displeasing to the Lord. (Isa_1:14)

Origen’s Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Book XI.
12.And since he knew that those who have a loftier conception of what things are pure and what impure according to the law, turning aside from the distinction about the use of things pure and impure, and superstition, I think, in respect of things being different, become indifferent to the use of meats,31 and on this account are condemned by the Jews as transgressors of law, he said therefore, somewhere, “Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink,” etc., (Col_2:16) teaching us that the things according to the letter are a shadow, but that the true thoughts of the law which are stored up in them are the good things to come, in which one may find what are the pure spiritual meats of the soul, and what are the impure foods in false and contradictory words which injure the man who is nourished in them, “For the law had a shadow of the good things to come.” (Heb_10:1)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You cannot show me one verse where former pagan Christians regularly attended synagogues.

(CLV) Ac 18:4
Now he argued in the synagogue on every sabbath and persuaded both Jews and Greeks

Acts 13:42
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

(CLV) Ac 17:17
Indeed, then, he argued in the synagogue with the Jews and with the (ones being) reverent, and in the market on every day with those happening along.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(CLV) Ac 18:4
Now he argued in the synagogue on every Sabbath and persuaded both Jews and Greeks

Acts 13:42
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

(CLV) Ac 17:17
Indeed, then, he argued in the synagogue with the Jews and with the (ones being) reverent, and in the market on every day with those happening along.
Amen!

and of course --

Acts 17:1 they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and demonstrating that the Christ had to suffer and rise again from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus whom I preach to you is the Christ.” 4 And some of them were persuaded; and a great multitude of the devout Greeks, and not a few of the leading women, joined Paul and Silas.

No wonder then we see GENTILES asking for "more gospel preaching" to be presented on "The NEXT Sabbath" Acts 13

42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. 43 Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God.
44 The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord. 45 But when the Jews saw the crowds

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again, as I pointed out in the OP, there was no strong Jewish presence in Colossae.
Well how do you know that?

The accusations could come from Gentile Christians obeying the law.
Besides, Paul isn't going to tell them to break Sabbath as they follow Messiah. It can't be done.
Gentiles were never under the law. So obviously, Paul is not telling them to break the new moon day. Or to work on the Sabbath day. As these two days were shadows pointing to the Christ and the eternal rest. That we have from trying to perform the works of the law.

Grace and law do not mix, they are polar opposites of one another.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well how do you know that?

One form of incipient Gnosticism is the syncretistic angel-cult of nonconformist Jewish foundation and pagan superstructure attacked in the Epistle to the Colossians.

Bruce, F.F. [Frederick Fyvie] (1980) [1969] New Testament History. New York, NY: Galilee/Doubleday. pp. 415

The accusations could come from Gentile Christians obeying the law.

No such thing. One cannot be a Pagan and in Messiah at the same time.

Gentiles were never under the law.

Romans 3:19
(CLV) Ro 3:19
Now we are aware that, whatever the law is saying, it is speaking to those under the law, that every mouth may be barred, and the entire world may become subject to the just verdict of God,

Let's look at this very carefully. The law speaks to those under the law.

The law speaks so that every mouth in the entire world may become subject to YHWH's judgement.

As all are subject to YHWH's verdict; it appears that we have two groups here. One group is already subject to YHWH's judgement. The other would not be subject to YHWH's judgement in absence of his Torah.

The preceding verse serves to further define the behavior of those who are under the law:

(CLV) Ro 3:18
There is not fear of God in front of their eyes.

Why would we fear our loving Abba?

(CLV) Ex 20:20
Then Moses said to the people: Do not fear, for in order to probe you the One, Elohim has come, and in order that the fear of Him should come over your faces, that you may not sin.

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

Grace and law do not mix, they are polar opposites of one another.

If sin is transgression of the law; and there is no law; then there is no sin. If there is no sin; what need I of grace?

(CLV) Hb 10:26
For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,

(CLV) Hb 10:27
but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone repudiating Moses' law is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant by which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

(CLV) Hb 10:30
For we are acquainted with Him Who is saying, Mine is vengeance! I will repay! the Lord is saying, and again, "The Lord will be judging His people."

(CLV) Hb 10:31
Fearful is it to be falling into the hands of the living God!

Upvote 0