Colossians 2:16-17; Romans 14:5-8; Acts 15 -> License not to keep the Sabbath?

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HalleluYah...we are saved...now what?

How do we live...like our former selves? like the rest of the world? Like Buddhists Muslims Hindu?
In reverence and thankfulness for the reconciliation that Christ established.
You’re brought back to shore by the Lifeguard do you promptly run back out into the deep dangerous waters?
Yes, because I am not under the law of sin and death now. I have been set free indeed.
oh my...so gentiles hearing Moses every Sabbath as per Acts 15:21 were not required to keep OT laws?
No, because the Gentile nations were not in covenant with YHWH, to obey the book of the law.
You really mean to say they were allowed to:
Worship another god?
They love Jesus and have fulfilled the law through love.
Make images and worship them?
That is not something I have seen very often.
Blaspheme His name?
Why would a Christian blaspheme the name of Jesus?
Dishonor parents?
Probably a good teaching for young folk.
Love is greater.
Freely you received so freely give. See how superior the Spirit is to the law.
The one who denies Jesus is the real liar!
Our focus is on the return of Jesus Christ and our transformation into the eternal realm. I care not for my neighbor's oxen.
Notice I did NOT include commit adultery as that was specified to not do...oh and the Sabbath as James concluded they would still hear Moses in every city every synagogue Acts 15:21
My Bible says 'fornication' and not adultery in Acts 15:20. The instruction of the apostles was that Gentiles are not required to be circumcised. Further, the apostles also said that we are saved by grace and we are not under the law.

Acts 15:11
But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.
so you are free to disobey? And NOT suffer the wage of sin...the first death?
I cannot suffer the first death as that law has been cancelled.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Easy, the law of sin and death has been annulled by Jesus.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Your desperate to place people back under the law of sin and death, when we are free of that law.
all have sinned...Paul wrote even after the cross...and our belief...faith does CERTAINLY NOT make void the Law...in fact we are to establish it Romans 3:31
The law grants the knowledge of sin and that is why Paul establishes the law.[/Quote]

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In reverence and thankfulness for the reconciliation that Christ established.
“reverence”...meaning what? a clean pure Holy life according to His standards and a fear of displeasing Him? or doing whatever thou whilst?

“Thankfulness” you mean gratitude? I want to do what You ask me to do? And show I am Yours and not my own...and bring others to you by my gratitude and thankfulness

“Reconciliation” to what? Or with WHOM? your old ways of doing things...to the world? Or to Him and His ways?

He “established” what? Demonstrated and taught a lifestyle or lawlessness? Or something contrary to what He established at Sinai when giving His people the living oracles?

Yes, because I am not under the law of sin and death now. I have been set free indeed.
so you are going to run back into the evil you were just saved from? Even in a secular sense you are not under the law when you OBEY it...and IN HIM you LIVE AS HE DOES thus fulfill the Law...loving Him you keep His commandments and they are not burdensome...

Oh and BTW unless He comes again before...all are appointed to die once...all have sinned...IN HIM we do not die the second death...

No, because the Gentile nations were not in covenant with YHWH, to obey the book of the law.
sure they were...already at Sinai THIS ekklesia receiving the living oracles from Him the Head of THIS Body was full of those NOT of Jacob...

specifically mentioned in the Sabbath commandment listed as “strangers within thy gates” Remember? The ONLY commandment to include those NOT of Jacob...the irony...

They love Jesus and have fulfilled the law through love.
that is avoiding the question in Acts 15 were gentiles allowed to break the first commandment? To worship other gods? Or another way like reverencing with golden calves for instance or showing their thankfulness with child sacrifices?

That is not something I have seen very often.
probably because you are not looking for it...or even care to learn what to look for...

Why would a Christian blaspheme the name of Jesus?
why indeed? He was Jewish and called a Hebrew name...why call Him by another name not His own...Take His name for NAUGHT and misrepresent Him His Ways...we spend more effort pronouncing international football stars names correctly to sound as they say it...

Probably a good teaching for young folk.
much better than “the OT is abolished and not for Me” dat‘s fer shur!!...explains why the corruption and mess we are in today...our cities burning...

no surprise as generations of “love is all you need...just love...we are under Grace...no law...we are freee and at liberteeee” from pulpits of those desiring to LOOT the Promise from the Law...and RIOT against that which enshrines our right to adoption and inheritance which His death guaranteed...some even claim we are NOT citizens of Israel but another class of privileged...

Pulpits and pews demand we even “defund the Pharisee”...lol

Not even Satan divides his house...but here we have His kingdom divided between those that do vs. those that don’t think they need to...

No housechores for them...they just be squatters in His Home...

Love is greater.
is it? Whose Love? which love? the love of pizza? The love of pagans? Buddhists? Muslims? We didn’t forgive them at all...and still the killing...

To Love AS He Loved is greater...JUST AS...

Freely you received so freely give. See how superior the Spirit is to the law.
spirit of Marx you mean? Steal from the rich a virtue? So I guess you steal...good to know...explains why you not worshipping Him as He asked...stealing worship glory and honor from Him...

The one who denies Jesus is the real liar!
claiming you are free to NOT follow Him His ways is EXACTLY the liar...because to know Him is to do what He commands...1 John 2:4

Our focus is on the return of Jesus Christ
Who brings a reward to those that OBEY...Him and His Way...to finally restore us to the way we should already be living...on earth as it is in heaven...

and our transformation into the eternal realm.
you consider yourself free here when the eternal realm is lawFULL...not sure you will be happy there...

I care not for my neighbor's oxen.
Not sure you know what you care about...

My Bible says 'fornication' and not adultery in Acts 15:20.
ah yes yes...forgot you are free...to adulterate...just not fornicate...lol...ironic it is the broader definition...

The instruction of the apostles was that Gentiles are not required to be circumcised.
not to fornicate/sexually immoral and keep clean meats clean according to Levitical laws as it was STILL ONE LAW for native and foreigner THE SAME...since Sinai...

Oh and James concluded the gentiles would continue to hear Moses every Sabbath Acts 15:21

Further, the apostles also said that we are saved by grace
indeed...is why we WANT to please Him for what He did...imitation does that...

and we are not under the law.
while IN HIM...if we are NOT living AS He lived we are NOT fulfilling the Law...

Acts 15:11

But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.
yup...and once saved we live AS HE DEMONSTRATED for His people to LIVE...because it is the lifestyle for this new covenant life and beyond...the life to come...when His are restored to the FACTORY SETTING DEFAULT...to live as it was before sin...

Maybe you won’t like that lifestyle? You know with the Sabbath and all?

I cannot suffer the first death as that law has been cancelled.
wow just wow...many have died thinking they would be raptured too...all have sinned and are appointed to die once...except you?

Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
on condition verse 1 AND 4...does the His Spirit have you walk contrary His Way?

Easy, the law of sin and death has been annulled by Jesus.
umm nope...that Law remains until Judgement Day...and beyond...as it is His Character His Kingdom’s lifestyle...

you IN HIM fulfill the Law since you live and love AS HE DID...right? JUST AS...I mean you WANT to...more and more like Him every day...

John 3:18

He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
again the context and condition...love the Light walk in it...do NOT do evil...thus the Law remains to point that out...

Your desperate to place people back under the law of sin and death, when we are free of that law.
we are free from traffic law when we obey it...law of gravity when we “keep it”...

Just trying to keep those that claim they are doing WWJD? from stumbling Jude 1:24 and on their own bitter roots Deut 29:18-19 as they wish to follow “the Way”...His way...

The law grants the knowledge of sin and that is why Paul establishes the law.
and he instructs WE do the same...that WE establish the law BECAUSE it grants knowledge of sin...our own and of others to bring ALL to the Light...TO HIM Who can save...is WHY he loves the Law...Romans 7:22,25 without it he would NOT know sin...

But you claim there is no Law you are freeeee...much less one to establish...

You believe the Jewish false witness that “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”...

It ends with

“Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and have the faith OF Yahushua”

What is the faith OF Yahushua? Buddhist? Muslim? Hindu? Catholic? Protestant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0