Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In Genesis 1:2, where it says that ". . . the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (KJV). One would have to conclude that all three members of the Godhead were involved in the creation of the world. This does not downgrade Jesus' divinity or His creative power. It seems that the NT writers stressed the divine creative power of Christ to convince skeptics, and to encourage the new believers, that it was indeed the great I AM that created them and died for their sins. Since the Holy Spirit doesn't have physical body, and Christ does now, and he will always have a human manlike appearance for ever, that He we can relate to him better as our God. Although, Jesus said that "he that has seen me, has seen the Father".

Brooks

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:
Are we in agreement that Jesus Christ was the Creator?

This particular passage does not say that. It means God's Word, Jesus, was the means by which God did his creating.

When you see translations that say "by him" it can be rather misleading. The Greek word is dia meaning "through" or "by means of"

It means "by means of " or "through" him.

It does not mean "by the cause of" him.

JMW

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:

We have this sure indication in John that Jesus was the Creator.

John 1:1-3
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

The word there is DIA. It means God created by means of his eternal Word Jesus. And this is stating the obvious since Jesus is the Word and God created with his Word. You cannot extract from that that the Word did the creating but was how God created.

JMW

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:
Jesus was the Word, Jesus was the Creator, read your Bible.

This does not grant you a license to read that idea into the Bible wherever you like.

Judas went out and hung himself. Let us read that truth into the following Scripture:

"Go and do likewise."

Doesn't work to do that type of thing. It is a bad practice called "eisegesis."

John 1:3 and Col 1:15-18 do not indicate Jesus created. Those two particular passages indicate God created through the Word Jesus. If you want to demonstrate Jesus created you will have to look elsewhere in the Bible. Our theolgical beliefs do not give us the right to color Scripture however we like. God does not find it honorable to proclaim "Jesus created" by using Scriptures which do not say he did.

JMW

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
This does not grant you a license to read that idea into the Bible wherever you like.

Judas went out and hung himself. Let us read that truth into the following Scripture:

"Go and do likewise."

Doesn't work to do that type of thing. It is a bad practice called "eisegesis."

John 1:3 and Col 1:15-18 do not indicate Jesus created. Those two particular passages indicate God created through the Word Jesus. If you want to demonstrate Jesus created you will have to look elsewhere in the Bible. Our theolgical beliefs do not give us the right to color Scripture however we like. God does not find it honorable to proclaim "Jesus created" by using Scriptures which do not say he did.

JMW
Your anaology is very poor. In
John 1:3 and Col 1:15-18 it say very strongly that Jesus is the Creator.

To say otherwise is to deny Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andre

Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
To make a long story short, the only reason Symes posted that question is to make you guys agree that Jesus was the creator, then once that is established Symes will try to convince you using some pretty distorted arguments that Jesus was the one who wrote the Ten Comandments and therefore we must keep the Sabbath just like Seventh Day Adventists do.

Upvote 0

Biarien

Dúnadan
Mar 19, 2004
California
✟18,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:
No, I do not not mean ME. To say otherwise is to deny Scripture. It is not denying me but denying God.

Yes, but when you are the one determining what is and what is not "against God's word," it is against your interpretation of scripture, not against the scripture itself.

I hope you can see this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Think upon this, Satan was jealous when Jesus and the Father went off to create earth and did not consult him after all he was on left side of God should he not be consulted. Jesus and God decided to create man in the image of God not an angel. Jesus then came to redeem man by taking on the body prepared for him. Satan has wanted to destroy man ever since they were created.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. This is the creative power of the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Jesus is the creator they are talking about here.

Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. The Holy Spirit created the new man in righteousness and true holiness.
Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Jesus is the creator that they are talking about here.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Andre said:
To make a long story short, the only reason Symes posted that question is to make you guys agree that Jesus was the creator, then once that is established Symes will try to convince you using some pretty distorted arguments that Jesus was the one who wrote the Ten Comandments and therefore we must keep the Sabbath just like Seventh Day Adventists do.

That the God on Mount Sinai is the same God who created man, redeemed man, and will return to Mount Zion for His people and be the King over them. He will be their God. What is so bad to have Jesus as God who had done it all for us from creation to redemption?

Upvote 0

Andre

Bondservent of Christ
Oct 25, 2003
Richmond, VA
Visit site
✟1,847.00
Faith
Baptist
Symes said:
I often go and have a look around for Christian Forums and came across this very interesting Looking one. It seems only new but looks like it is Christ centred.

[url="http://www.abibleanswer.org/phpbb/index.php"]http://www.abibleanswer.org/phpbb/index.php[/url]
Funny, all the healthy recipes are vegetarian, and there's a link to some info on mad cow disease, and there's a familiar similarity between Symes (here) and Joe (there), huh, interesting...

Starting up a Forum Symes?

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
That the God on Mount Sinai is the same God who created man, redeemed man, and will return to Mount Zion for His people and be the King over them. He will be their God. What is so bad to have Jesus as God who had done it all for us from creation to redemption?
You can only follow the Bible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.