Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

The internet should be a place where freedom of speech thrives. The state of Colorado, however, refuses to afford this freedom to a Christian web designer. In a 2-1 decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit ruled that Lorie Smith and her website design company, 303 Creative, must create websites for same-sex weddings even though doing so conflicts with her religious views. The decision is grossly unjust and cries out to the Supreme Court for its reversal.

Smith is an experienced marketing and design professional. After working for several years in the industry, she decided to go out on her own and founded 303 Creative, named after the area code for Denver, where her company is based. Smith will create web designs for anyone, but she doesn’t create all messages. Her website includes the following explainer:

“As a Christian who believes that God gave me the creative gifts that are expressed through this business, I have always strived to honor Him in how I operate it. … Because of my faith, however, I am selective about the messages that I create or promote — while I will serve anyone, I am always careful to avoid communicating ideas or messages, or promoting events, products, services, or organizations, that are inconsistent with my religious beliefs.”

Continued below.
Colorado Appellate Court Curbs Web Designer’s Freedom

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's going to get to a point where Christians are going to have to celebrate homosexual "pride" and bless their so-called "weddings" or we'll be sued out of existence.

Which is why I pray for God's holy judgment against this country, particularly Hollywood and the federal government, every day. America is a nation which calls evil "good" and good "evil". God forgive us and protect those of us who still hold to the truth of the gospel, we are going to need it in the coming days.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thr plan is to shut Christian out of the economy.

I could see that as being a possibility, and I believe it's because of Christianity's prohibitions against sodomy, since the celebration of sodomy is a secular sacrament to the left and the democrat party.

What they've failed to account for though, is that Islam takes an even stronger stance against sodomy than Christianity does. So while they're busy denigrating Christianity and making life difficult for Christians, there's going to be another religion that actually opposes sodomy even more waiting in the wings.

Upvote 0