College Project Survey - Is There Any Relationship between Church Attendance & Christian Doctrine?

Tahnia Burr

Jun 11, 2021
Los Angeles
✟15,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, my name is Tahnia Burr. I'm attending a Christian university taking a course that requires the completion of a project this week. The subject is to share your thoughts regarding whether there is any sort of relationship between church attendance and sound doctrinal belief. Interesting question isn't it? I'm now asking non-denominational Christians for their opinion.

As a undergraduate student in the School of Behavioral Sciences at Liberty University, I am conducting research as part of the requirements for a bachelor's of science degree and really need your support. The purpose of my research is to complete this survey as part of the requirements for my statistics in psychology course. Your answers will remain completely anonymous. No personal information about you will be linked to this survey. Please do not put your name or any other identifying information on the survey. The results of this survey will only be used for educational purposes and will not be published or released to the public. You must be 15 years old or older in order to complete this survey.

Please click the link below to complete this short survey of only 10 questions, and thank you for your participation.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to make two suggestions:
1) In CF, non-denominational is specific congregation forum, for those attending non-denominational churches. Posting it here is likely to produce a biased sample. I'm not sure quite what to suggest. General theology?
2) The last year has been odd. You might want to say something like how many times did you attend before Covid. I'm in the choir and teach Sunday School, but I have attended church 3 times in the last year, because of Covid. (We did Sunday School over Zoom, and the choir didn't sing.) Most studies suggest that conservatives have not taken Covid as seriously as liberals, so you're likely to get larger attendance from political conservatives than liberals, thus producing a bias.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tahnia Burr

Jun 11, 2021
Los Angeles
✟15,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Hedrick for your participation and your thoughts. I'm studying statistical psychology and this is a lab project to learn how to collect data, run the test, and present the results to my professor and classmates. There's no right or wrong answer. So, thank you for your participation.
View attachment 300549

Upvote 0

Tahnia Burr

Jun 11, 2021
Los Angeles
✟15,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to make two suggestions:
1) In CF, non-denominational is specific congregation forum, for those attending non-denominational churches. Posting it here is likely to produce a biased sample. I'm not sure quite what to suggest. General theology?
2) The last year has been odd. You might want to say something like how many times did you attend before Covid. I'm in the choir and teach Sunday School, but I have attended church 3 times in the last year, because of Covid. (We did Sunday School over Zoom, and the choir didn't sing.) Most studies suggest that conservatives have not taken Covid as seriously as liberals, so you're likely to get larger attendance from political conservatives than liberals, thus producing a bias.

Thanks Hedrick for your participation and your thoughts. I'm studying statistical psychology and this is a lab project to learn how to collect data, run the test, and present the results to my professor and classmates. There's no right or wrong answer. So, thank you for your participation.
348529_e1a19d2b90f3ca0803b617b50bf6e3a6.png

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am pleased to participate in your survey. I am a retired psychologist. Write me anytime personally at Conversation site herein. Yes, there is a connection between church doctrine and attendance. In SOME cases --depending if it is a Bible-only fellowship or just a religious sect, one might hear truth for honor to God and our good, or just a religious way of life --would you say? Some people just feel good in conscience by going to a church sometimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0