Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
..what conference is Iowa in?

Iowa is old school Big Ten.

I just watched some of the Miami-LSU game. LSU was blowing out Miami, & Miami's QB (Malik Rosier) looked terrible..

Looking forward to the 2018 season.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Lotta lightning delays in a lot of games yesterday, I think Iowa State game was the only one totally cancelled. Iowa State is a Big 12 school - what conference is Iowa in?
Iowa is in the Big 10. I guess someone already told you that. Go Hawkeyes!

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Iowa and Iowa State are not in same conference, but play every year -- I think they play today...
TCU and SMU are no longer in same conference, but play every year -- last nite TCU blew out SMU

The 1869 first college game was Rutgers vs New Jersey (which later became Princeton). The rules were more like soccer or rugby -- no carrying the ball, no passing -- just kicking it across other teams goal
I think Rutgers won 6-4

Baylor, undefeated now, plays University of Texas at San Antonio this evening

UCLA leads Oklahoma early

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Biggest game of the year about to start - Iowa v. Iowa State. This is the national championship game. Iowa has a bit of an advantage, though, since Iowa State hasn't played yet, their game last week being canceled due to weather.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Early on, Iowa State leads 3-0...

I have never seen so many weather delays and cancellations as this season; hopefully Iowa State can get a make-up game with someone. Local high school games have been cancelled as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Early on, Iowa State leads 3-0...

I have never seen so many weather delays and cancellations as this season; hopefully Iowa State can get a make-up game with someone. Local high school games have been cancelled as well.
Yes, I'd like to see the Cyclones make up that game.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So that's good news for Iowa -- bad news for Iowa State -- who now has 1 loss and one cancelled game.
They need six wins to be bowl-eligible; and getting a make-up game might be necessary.

FIVE Big 12 teams are 2-0 right now; astonishingly, Baylor is one of them.

Even KANSAS has a win!

Maybe Iowa can beat Ohio State - Rutgers didn't do it.

I want ALL the big 12 schools to go to bowls, I also like all the teams from the old Southwest conference; Houston Cougars seem impressive; Rice and SMU seem weak.

Alabama vs Arkansas State was a mismatch.

Clemson squeaked by Texas A&M.

Teams I DON'T like are Penn State and Notre Dame.

When I was in college at University of Texas -- Joe Montana played for Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl against Texas -- he BOUNCED A PASS OFF OF A REFEREE'S HEAD and a Notre Dame guy caught it for a TD and won the game.
Montana is the LUCKIEST qb to ever play the game.

Lightning delays are rampant -- even a local high school game was cancelled here.

My son has been accepted into a Bachelors of Nursing program at Texas Tech (their Austin campus); he starts in January; he got a Bachelors in Music at Southern Mississippi; was going to be a concert classical guitar player but developed problem with a tendon in his thumb.

Southern Miss lost by one point yesterday.
Now I must be a Texas Tech fan as well.

Well, I want the impossible -- Iowa to beat Ohio State -- and Kansas, Baylor, Rice, Iowa State and SMU all go to bowl games!

Baylor's enemy is TCU -- they used to be pretty even in the RG3 days and shortly thereafter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So that's good news for Iowa -- bad news for Iowa State -- who now has 1 loss and one cancelled game.
They need six wins to be bowl-eligible; and getting a make-up game might be necessary.

Even KANSAS has a win!

I want ALL the big 12 schools to go to bowls, I also like all the teams from the old Southwest conference; Houston Cougars seem impressive; Rice and SMU seem weak.

Alabama vs Arkansas State was a mismatch.

Clemson squeaked by Texas A&M.

Teams I DON'T like are Penn State and Notre Dame.

When I was in college at University of Texas -- Joe Montana played for Notre Dame in the Cotton Bowl against Texas -- he BOUNCED A PASS OFF OF A REFEREE'S HEAD and a Notre Dame guy caught it for a TD and won the game.
Montana is the LUCKIEST qb to ever play the game.

Lightning delays are rampant -- even a local high school game was cancelled here.

My son has been accepted into a Bachelors of Nursing program at Texas Tech (their Austin campus); he starts in January; he got a Bachelors in Music at Southern Mississippi; was going to be a concert classical guitar player but developed problem with a tendon in his thumb.

Southern Miss lost by one point yesterday.
Now I must be a Texas Tech fan as well.

Well, I want the impossible -- Iowa to beat Ohio State -- and Kansas, Baylor, Rice, Iowa State and SMU all go to bowl games!

Baylor's enemy is TCU -- they used to be pretty even in the RG3 days and shortly thereafter.
I suspect the Hawkeyes and Cyclones will both be tough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Even KANSAS has a win!

IMO, the Big 12 should begin by having 12 teams. But who should the two new ones be? Would academic standards matter in the selection?

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, this "college math" of ten teams in the big 12 is silly.
(I think big 10 has 14 teams)

Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M have all been in big 12 before -- I don't care what other two teams get in, but I would like to see 12 in big 12. Don't care if Slippery Rock and Rutgers come in. Academic standards prolly do not come into play; as the entire conference cannot count to twelve.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Baylor's loss to Texas was heart-breaking.
Baylor was at Texas 17 with time running out -- a Baylor receiver open in End Zone was overthrown -- game ended Texas 23 Baylor 17.

Iowa State beat West Virginia at Iowa State.

Texas Tech beat TCU at TCU.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I suspect the Hawkeyes and Cyclones will both be tough.

Iowa breaks in to the Top 20, Iowa State upsets West Virginia. Good weekend for Iowa' college football.

Hawkeyes have a road game this week against a decent Maryland team. I'll be pulling for black & yellow..

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Iowa breaks in to the Top 20, Iowa State upsets West Virginia. Good weekend for Iowa' college football.

Hawkeyes have a road game this week against a decent Maryland team. I'll be pulling for black & yellow..
You'll be pretty safe in that case. Maryland's colors are red and white and black and yellow. ;)

(You never know what combination of the above the team'll show up with, tho.)

Upvote 0