Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's here! Already been some games yesterday, and a spectacular one-handed catch by a Syracuse guy -- he "Odelled it" and ran for a touchdown...

Baylor begins their comeback to greatness tonight against mighty Abilene Christian University; Baylor should win, and then have only 5 more victories to be Bowl-eligible!

But a few years ago Baylor hosted Sam Houston State in their opener, and was 20 points down at halftime, though they came back and won handily.

Baylor's whole program went down the tubes because of "cover-ups" of coeds' sex abuse charges against football players. Since that happenned, Baylor has only won one game in two years... Many good players transferred, including QB to Auburn, and no more good recruits came to Baylor cuz of the scandal;

they should warn the Pope -- "The COVER-UPs will hurt you worse than the original crimes!"

Prior to that, they were like number 2 or 3 in nation a lot of weeks

Anyway, the Syracuse catch -- ya gotta scroll down to it to kick it off

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...akes-one-handed-catch-jukes-past-defender-td/

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Texas Longhorns are at Maryland Terrapins -- the game went into a weather delay and has been that way for a very long time -- a back-and-forth game that Maryland was leading 31-29 when the weather delay was called.

It's frustrating -- I want the game to finish -- I don't think they would ever "call the game entirely"; it was in 4th quarter when Delay happenned.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I still can't believe Georgia lost that championship game to Alabama in overtime; I wanted Georgia to win so bad.

It was a great game and made a change from Clemson. Great to see more competitive teams making it to the finals.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's here! Already been some games yesterday, and a spectacular one-handed catch by a Syracuse guy -- he "Odelled it" and ran for a touchdown...

Baylor begins their comeback to greatness tonight against mighty Abilene Christian College; Baylor should win, and then have only 5 more victories to be Bowl-eligible!

But a few years ago Baylor hosted Sam Houston State in their opener, and was 20 points down at halftime, though they came back and won handily.

Baylor's whole program went down the tubes because of "cover-ups" of coeds' sex abuse charges against football players. Since that happenned, Baylor has only won one game in two years... Many good players transferred, including QB to Auburn, and no more good recruits came to Baylor cuz of the scandal;

they should warn the Pope -- "The COVER-UPs will hurt you worse than the original crimes!"

Prior to that, they were like number 2 or 3 in nation a lot of weeks

Anyway, the Syracuse catch -- ya gotta scroll down to it to kick it off

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...akes-one-handed-catch-jukes-past-defender-td/
Thanks for the thread. I watched the various blowout "tune up games" for some of the ranked teams.

Remember last year what was supposed to be a tune up game for Baylor against Liberty ended in their humiliating defeat and set the tone for a horrible season.

The Big 12 has been a bit of a dumpster fire since A&M left.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And A&M's move to SEC has not proved out well for them -- what did they do in a bowl game last year -- lose to Wake Forest?

And yes, the humiliation of the Baylor loss to Liberty, wow, hopefully this Tune Up game against Abilene Christian will not be a repeat of that.

High Fidelity is in for a long night with that late Bama game - at least Lousiville should not be a pushover, as some of today's season openers have been.

• Agree
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
And A&M's move to SEC has not proved out well for them -- what did they do in a bowl game last year -- lose to Wake Forest?

And yes, the humiliation of the Baylor loss to Liberty, wow, hopefully this Tune Up game against Abilene Christian will not be a repeat of that.

High Fidelity is in for a long night with that late Bama game - at least Lousiville should not be a pushover, as some of today's season openers have been.

I'm looking forward to it but honestly regular season is quite boring. The SEC really lacks competition. Still, I love football and most leagues have a dominant team.

Did you see Buckeyes' blowout game? They really set the tone moving forward.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I did not see the Ohio State blowout.

They FINALLY started playing after a long delay in the Texas-Maryland game; or rather, Maryland started playing again. They kicked one more field goal and beat Texas 34-29.

Oklahoma blew out Florida Atlantic, 63-14, and TCU blew out Southern, 55-7.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm looking forward to it but honestly regular season is quite boring. The SEC really lacks competition. Still, I love football and most leagues have a dominant team.

Did you see Buckeyes' blowout game? They really set the tone moving forward.
Have to ask how did a British tar come to like Alabama?

But you do have a good fight song to share from Gilbert and Sullivan:

His nose should pant and his lip should curl, His cheeks should flame and his brow should furl, His bosom should heave and his heart should glow, And his fist be ever ready for a knock-down blow.

https://www.letssingit.com/gilbert-and-sullivan-lyrics-a-british-tar-rfpkghr
LetsSingIt - The Internet Lyrics Database

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Another one-handed miracle catch by a Texas Tech receiver...

"Texas Tech wide receiver T.J. Vasher has an early entry for catch of the year on Saturday when he hauled in a one-hand grab in the first quarter against Ole Miss.

The redshirt sophomore channeled his inner Odell Beckham Jr. with the reception. He leaped over a Rebels defender to make the sideline reception."

lol

Baylor 38, Abilene Christian 20 at halftime

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Have to ask how did a British tar come to like Alabama?

But you do have a good fight song to share from Gilbert and Sullivan:

His nose should pant and his lip should curl, His cheeks should flame and his brow should furl, His bosom should heave and his heart should glow, And his fist be ever ready for a knock-down blow.

https://www.letssingit.com/gilbert-and-sullivan-lyrics-a-british-tar-rfpkghr
LetsSingIt - The Internet Lyrics Database

I've watched football for quite a long time now and someone I knew from Alabama kept telling me how college football was 'real football'. I checked out a Bama game and stuck with them since. I really do love college football but they're different in enough ways to love them for different reasons. That said, I watch every Bama game and every Browns game, so I love them both.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Iowa won their game, Iowa State didn't have a game yesterday I don't think.

A strange opening weekend, with some things I had never seen before.
Maryland honored their deceased teammate by deliberately leaving his Gaurd spot open and having only ten players on the field for the first play from scrimmage. Texas went along with the tribute by declining the penalty.

Of the two one-handed grabs yesterday, I still think the Syracuse one was the most spectacular, after all, that guy scored. But the Texas Tech catch was amazing also.

Southern Cal has a BLIND DEEP SNAPPER that got in the game yesterday and snapped for a PAT, I cannot imagine such a thing -- but he got in a game last year and did the same thing.

Appalachian State took Penn State to overtime, but Penn State won.

Alabama won big, and hopefully High Fidelity got some sleep afterwards in England.

As far as the 'dumpster fire' of the Big Twelve, only Texas and Texas Tech lost, there were a lot of big 12 winners yesterday.

Oh - I think Kansas lost also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Iowa won their game, Iowa State didn't have a game yesterday I don't think.

A strange opening weekend, with some things I had never seen before.
Maryland honored their deceased teammate by deliberately leaving his Gaurd spot open and having only ten players on the field for the first play from scrimmage. Texas went along with the tribute by declining the penalty.

Of the two one-handed grabs yesterday, I still think the Syracuse one was the most spectacular, after all, that guy scored. But the Texas Tech catch was amazing also.

Southern Cal has a BLIND DEEP SNAPPER that got in the game yesterday and snapped for a PAT, I cannot imagine such a thing -- but he got in a game last year and did the same thing.

Appalachian State took Penn State to overtime, but Penn State won.

Alabama won big, and hopefully High Fidelity got some sleep afterwards in England.

As far as the 'dumpster fire' of the Big Twelve, only Texas and Texas Tech lost, there were a lot of big 12 winners yesterday.

Oh - I think Kansas lost also.
Iowa State's game against Iowa was canceled due to lightning. They play Iowa next weekend, I think.

Upvote 0