Alabama
✟31,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I previously asked for advice about choosing a college...

Well, today is the day I need to decide.

I've pretty much decided. I think I will a going with the "Big State University" from among my choices...

Please pray, everybody, that I am making the right decision. That I can begin this journey without fear or anxiety. And that I can grow as a person and keep my faith during my college years.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've pretty much decided. I think I will a going with the "Big State University" from among my choices...

Please pray, everybody, that I am making the right decision. That I can begin this journey without fear or anxiety. And that I can grow as a person and keep my faith during my college years.

That's great to hear that you've made a choice, Mary Meg. I wouldn't worry about it all too much, a Big State University was my choice for education........................and look how I turned out! :waaah:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There will be militant atheists of course, but also other believers. There will be plenty of skeptical people that simply assume God does not exist. They are simply unaware of the more genuine thing, but have instead elegant and oh-so-confident abstractions and over-generalizations and more, as I remember I was quite enamored of for a time. But a good antidote if you run into that too much is to go up the ladder to a better level of understanding such as Joseph Campbell, who at least in addition to insight also had a reasonable ability to tolerate other views. The thing about abstractions about 'myths' even from a better quality thinker like Campbell who actually appreciates is that these are simply from people unaware of what God can do, unaware of more of what Christ said and that what He said actually works, to our modern amazement (the impossible actually real).

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mary Meg is graduating high school today. Send her some love.
To "Mary Meg": congratulations!

Hope you keep trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ during your life after high school, and that whatever you do, you do heartily (Colossians 3:23), as unto the Lord, and not unto men.

Upvote 0