Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, all. Yesterday & today are the first career fairs of the school year, and I want to put prayers out there for everyone to find a fitting job where we can thrive & put our education to good use.

As for myself specifically, I talked to people from the Michigan Department of Corrections, and I'm new to the field of law enforcement (I'm currently taking Forensic Psychology, and that's the extent of my law enforcement education), but really enjoying what I'm seeing, and when I stopped at the table & looked through what I'd do as a Corrections Officer, it really felt like this is what I'm meant to do at this point in my life--it was that warm, really good feeling of "This is where I'm supposed to be". I'll be looking more into it soon, and taking a tour of the facilities when I get it scheduled, but as of now, this looks like a great summer job. I've been praying for a long time about jobs, asking God "Where do you want to station me?", and this might be it. Hopefully I'm not rushing into things, but even just looking into this field will be a good experience.

Also, prayers for the other side of job searches: housing.

Thank you.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Political Science.
I have an uncle who was a PolySci major; he just finished his 40 years in the military. 17 years Army, then switched to Air Force, upon the realization that the Air Force got air-conditioned tents (not making this up).

I suppose a teaching position would be the most feasible option, or something in government, of course, depending on the kind of lifestyle you want. Although since coming to college (this is my 2nd year), most of what you get out of college is because you went to college; all the connections you get, meeting different kinds of people than you're used to, meeting employers, on-campus jobs, all this does far more than anything else. Most of the rest of what you get out of college is because you're getting a degree--not so important what degree, but if you have a degree, you've made a lot of connections & a good spot on a resume.

Naturally, anything more technical, like engineering or anything medical, is more focused on the specific degree, but for us in broader fields like Psych or PolySci, it's more about the experience than anything else.

Upvote 0