Collaborative Effort!

jelly_bean

Jelly Inc.; we put the K in Kwality!
Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Howdy y'all! :) Now, this is going to be a story, a collaborative effort made by Kookaburra and I. We aren't exactly sure of the plot or really any of the characters yet, but we will soon enough. This will be done RPG style, with 'godmodding' allowed. I can't promise this story will be good, considering I'm one of the writers, but I can guarantee this will be insane and humorous... at least to us. So, Kendy-pooh, if you are ready, let's do our character bios(even if they are us, we have to be able to remember our stories. All other chars it doesn't matter, simply because it'll be more fun to make those up for dramatical effect.) and hopefully an intro that will suffice for the moment.

All stuff done out of character will be in double (()) or OOC:, as usual. Anything else that needs to be added before we start? ^_^

EDIT: here is the sketch of you I promised!!

Attachments

• KENDRA.jpg
    KENDRA.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 53

Kookaburra

searching for The Hidden Country
Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(( Yes, I read the note. Which was possibly the most exquisite piece of it! Although the drawing is spiffiness itself, as well. OH I can't DECIDE!! RAhahaha. SO, my char bio iiiiiiis: ))​

[THREAD]:: Hobbies > Writers Guild > Creative Writing > "Collaborative Effort!"

[WRITER]:: Kookaburra

[CHARACTER NAME]:: Kendracula "KBurra" Melladwyn

[MEANING]:: "All Knowing" "Kookaburra" "Of the Soapopera-ey Last Name"

[GENDER]:: Female

[AGE]:: 18

[OCCUPATION]:: Coffee-saturated and caffeine-driven college student.

[APPEARANCE]::
(height): 5'4"
(weight): relatively slender, but healthy.
(eyes): hazel in a most ordinary way - mostly green, with a dash of blue and some brown.
(hair): ash blonde, just past shoulder length, and curly.
(other): has a one-inch scar in the middle of the forehead, a throwback to pre-adolescent times when KBurra jumped into a burning building to save her infant half-sister from the flames, receiving a good cut on the forehead from the baby's kidnapper.

[PERSONALITY & OTHER]:: Creative, romantic, naive and altogether ... impractical. Kendracula has a habit of fading out of reality into her own caffeine-inspired world of fantasy and pink bubbles, and it has often been argued that her greatest moments of artistic inspiration are derived from these dreams of insanity. Her favourite place in the world is Le Kava Siesta, the small and not-so-neighbourhood-friendly coffee shop with the strange name, found just two blocks away from her university dorm. Many of her most acclaimed short stories were written in Le Kava Siesta on bundles of stolen serviettes in writing that if legible, is scarcely appealing. KBurra's life is one that is filled with adventures, intrigues, and (very) handsome men. She spends much of her time with Geneva eating apples in her friend's courtyard garden, admiring and revelling in the wonders of wealth and its trappings. Together, they write role plays and fanfiction (and in Geneva's case, manga) of a level admired by almost all of who matters in this world today. But unbeknownst to them, the drama of their writing is oft translated into their own, every day lives. Enter ... the COLLABORATION.

[WEAPONS]:: Her ready wit, and her dazzling eyes. :)

[HISTORY]:: TBR.

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
((you're is perfect, dahling.))
THREAD: Collaborative Effort!

AUTHOR: jelly_bean

NAME: Geneva "Jelly" Johnson

MEANING: "Sweetness" "Stereotypicallity of the worst kind" "Hyperactive"

OCCUPATION: Hyperactive, noodle-consuming, day dreamer wanna-be manga artist and actor. Also a music addict.

APPEARANCE
Height: 5'2"
Weight: She looks skinny, but is a pound overweight. (111)
Eye Colour: Apple green
Hair: Short, curly chocolate-coloured hair. (MM. CHOCOLATE.)
Other: She always wears yellow gloves with the fingers cut off. Claims they inspire her.

PERSONALITY AND QUIRKS: Crazy, fun-loving, die-hard romantic and never thinks before she speaks. Geneva often can be found with a pad of paper, a pencil and a black sharpie, (which she uses to sketch chibi-people with) often sketching people or small and cute little animals. She aspires to be a manga artist, although she doesn't have photoshop so she's often complaining about it. She's been friend with Kendracula for a long time now, so she has a taste for good coffee. Geneva is often found at Le Kava Siesta with her, usually talking about the latest romance novel. Or to try out their latest noodle soup or pasta dishes, which she demanded they start serving a few months into her regular meetings there. She attends the same university as her and is the daughter of a rich man, who is really involved in the mafia. She found out about it and now disowns him, which is why she can't afford her beautiful photoshop. She does spend time with her mother though, who owns several wineries on her own, so is well off.(Her parents are divorced, I wonder why?) When she isn't reading a book or sketching anime characters or eating grapes from her mother's vineyards, she recites Shakespeare. She knows one day her acting will make her the greatest thing since sliced bread. Although, she doesn't care for bread and often uses the term the greatest thing since noodle soup. Geneva is very popular because she's gorgeous, as is most main characters of a soap opera. She and Kendracula spend many a time with each other writing impossible stories, situations, RPGs, and cooking recipes(no way people are going to put spaghetti sauce in wonton noodle soup!). All of this contributes to the weirdness that is their daily lives. This is the story... and it is THE COLLABORATION.

WEAPONS: Her ability to speak Japanese.

HISTORY: You'll find out. *dramatic music here*

((so are we ready to go? ^_^))

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
It was another gorgeous day in Burlesquea. Not that Geneva noticed as she sped down the sidewalk, her hair which was in pigtails whipping behind her. Nearly breaking down the door to Le Kava Siesta, she instantly spotted her good friend Kendracula. "BURRA-CHAN!!" She yelled, rushing up to her. "Burra-Chan, Heros and Fantasies XIII JUST came out! Look! It's beautiful! I knew they would publish another one, I just knew it, even when they put 'This is the end, for real, dear readers!' at the end." She cried, happily hugging the romance novel to her chest.

Kendracula jumped up and squealed, "They DID?? You're serious? I was sure that that was the real, final end. I mean, they've been saying that for five books now, I guess they just can't resist continuing the epic saga." Both then sighed happily, then sat down. Setting the book on the table, Geneva tugged on one of her yellow gloves. "So, how has everything been since I last saw you yesterday?" She asked, as a waiter came up, immediately recognised who she was, and left without saying a word.

"I love it when he does that." She said with a giggle. "I've been here so much he already knows what I want! Noodles a la crem is my new favorite, without the a la crem."

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
It was another gorgeous day in Burlesquea. Not that Geneva noticed as she sped down the sidewalk, her hair which was in pigtails whipping behind her. Nearly breaking down the door to Le Kava Siesta, she instantly spotted her good friend Kendracula. "BURRA-CHAN!!" She yelled, rushing up to her. "Burra-Chan, Heros and Fantasies XIII JUST came out! Look! It's beautiful! I knew they would publish another one, I just knew it, even when they put 'This is the end, for real, dear readers!' at the end." She cried, happily hugging the romance novel to her chest.

Kendracula jumped up and squealed, "They DID?? You're serious? I was sure that that was the real, final end. I mean, they've been saying that for five books now, I guess they just can't resist continuing the epic saga." Both then sighed happily, then sat down. Setting the book on the table, Geneva tugged on one of her yellow gloves. "So, how has everything been since I last saw you yesterday?" She asked, as a waiter came up, immediately recognised who she was, and left without saying a word.

"I love it when he does that." She said with a giggle. "I've been here so much he already knows what I want! Noodles a la crem is my new favorite, without the a la crem."

Kendracula smiled tiredly while eyeing the book Geneva had just laid down on the table. The fine day outside was completely lost on her, to whom a rainy day was a cause for much joy and a great deal of dancing. Her hair was ruffled and semi-dredlocked from a hard night's work at the open-twenty-four-hours coffee shop, tapping away with great determination on her new but lacking laptop. Eight empty mugs stood lined up in a neat row by her left hand, and one brimming Chai tea latte was balanced atop a three-foot stack of english notes to her right. As credit to Kendracula's maniacal-obsessive-compulsive-disorder, all of the empty mugs were arranged in exactly the same manner, handles facing in one direction and the logo in another - perfectly and logically arranged. Kendracula's pale face emerged from behind her open notebook to lean in close enough to whisper to Jelly.

"You know, I might just be tempted to leave off on my essay of human thought to read that wonderful new addition to our - your - library, but there is something new in the town of Burlesquea ... I'm surprised you haven't noticed." She jerked her head slightly in the direction of the main counter. "There's a new server. And OH MY BELOVED ACORN he is delightful! I haven't quite decided whether to integrate him into our renaissance RPG as Tupegla the Monsoon yet, but I'm really severely tempted." Pausing to take a breath, she lowered her voice still further. "Classes are SUCH a drag. Have you managed to find that last care package from your father yet? I really would love to have that stamp from Mali, it's just SO unique. I think I'm going to make an artwork out of it. Maybe I'll even send it in to the mug-maker company for La Kava Siesta, they already have a standing order for my last collage of pencil lids." With a knowing nod, Kendracula vanished behind her computer screen once more, her fingers rapidly flying over the keyboard in a caffeine-induced inspirational moment.

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Kookaburra said:
Kendracula smiled tiredly while eyeing the book Geneva had just laid down on the table. The fine day outside was completely lost on her, to whom a rainy day was a cause for much joy and a great deal of dancing. Her hair was ruffled and semi-dredlocked from a hard night's work at the open-twenty-four-hours coffee shop, tapping away with great determination on her new but lacking laptop. Eight empty mugs stood lined up in a neat row by her left hand, and one brimming Chai tea latte was balanced atop a three-foot stack of english notes to her right. As credit to Kendracula's maniacal-obsessive-compulsive-disorder, all of the empty mugs were arranged in exactly the same manner, handles facing in one direction and the logo in another - perfectly and logically arranged. Kendracula's pale face emerged from behind her open notebook to lean in close enough to whisper to Jelly.

"You know, I might just be tempted to leave off on my essay of human thought to read that wonderful new addition to our - your - library, but there is something new in the town of Burlesquea ... I'm surprised you haven't noticed." She jerked her head slightly in the direction of the main counter. "There's a new server. And OH MY BELOVED ACORN he is delightful! I haven't quite decided whether to integrate him into our renaissance RPG as Tupegla the Monsoon yet, but I'm really severely tempted." Pausing to take a breath, she lowered her voice still further. "Classes are SUCH a drag. Have you managed to find that last care package from your father yet? I really would love to have that stamp from Mali, it's just SO unique. I think I'm going to make an artwork out of it. Maybe I'll even send it in to the mug-maker company for La Kava Siesta, they already have a standing order for my last collage of pencil lids." With a knowing nod, Kendracula vanished behind her computer screen once more, her fingers rapidly flying over the keyboard in a caffeine-induced inspirational moment.
Geneva blinked and took note of the coffee mugs overtaking the table, not to mention Kendracula's mussed hair. "Ohh, you pulled another all-nighter here? Simply awful. You should demand that your homework be lessened, it's simply dreadful how much work you do." She said, pooh-poohing the significance of coursework. Shoving the coffee cups out of the way, she leaned her arms against the table. "You're so neat and organized, you drive me insane, Burra-chan!" Geneva exclaimed, motioning one hand to the pile of English paperwork.

"As you should, but I haven't even read it yet, so I don't mind if you can't read it right now. If only they had a manga or an anime for Heros and Fantasies..." She brooded before she realised what Kburra was saying. She whirled around to stare at the new server. "WOW! He's so cute! I say if you can get him to say 'coffee noodles', he's RPG worthy. But otherwise, we're starting to get overcrowded." She said, turning back to face her friend. Pulling out a small notepad and mechanical pencil, she began doodling a chibi-server. "You don't have to tell ME twice." She whispered with an eyeroll. "Oh, and yes I did, but I forgot it in my dorm. You can have the whole thing, I don't want any of that rat fink mafia gangster's things!" Geneva whispered furiously.

"But you should send it, it is beautiful- even if the sender is not." She paused to accept the bowl from her waiter and began to slurp on her noodles. "Is it my turn to write in our RPG?" She asked in between gulps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
Geneva blinked and took note of the coffee mugs overtaking the table, not to mention Kendracula's mussed hair. "Ohh, you pulled another all-nighter here? Simply awful. You should demand that your homework be lessened, it's simply dreadful how much work you do." She said, pooh-poohing the significance of coursework. Shoving the coffee cups out of the way, she leaned her arms against the table. "You're so neat and organized, you drive me insane, Burra-chan!" Geneva exclaimed, motioning one hand to the pile of English paperwork.

"As you should, but I haven't even read it yet, so I don't mind if you can't read it right now. If only they had a manga or an anime for Heros and Fantasies..." She brooded before she realised what Kburra was saying. She whirled around to stare at the new server. "WOW! He's so cute! I say if you can get him to say 'coffee noodles', he's RPG worthy. But otherwise, we're starting to get overcrowded." She said, turning back to face her friend. Pulling out a small notepad and mechanical pencil, she began doodling a chibi-server. "You don't have to tell ME twice." She whispered with an eyeroll. "Oh, and yes I did, but I forgot it in my dorm. You can have the whole thing, I don't want any of that rat fink mafia gangster's things!" Geneva whispered furiously.

"But you should send it, it is beautiful- even if the sender is not." She paused to accept the bowl from her waiter and began to slurp on her noodles. "Is it my turn to write in our RPG?" She asked in between gulps.

KBurra laughed and set about re-organising her pile of papers and her mug line. "Organised? Nonono, I'm simply ... okay, sure, I'm organised. Is that a crime? So sue me!" She contemplated for a moment, then continued. "Right, or rather, get my ex-boyfriend Zach to sue me, he's really good at winning arguements. And I already half-suspect you've been dating him for the last few weeks anyway ...." She let her words trail off, as she looked pensively at her computer moniter. "But don't tell his mum that I broke up with him, she'll be positively FURIOUS after all that big deal I made about the legality of rainbow toe socks at his military ball ..." The enlightened Kendracula sighed and turned to her noodle-slurping friend. "You're right, what with the three waiters and the pool cleaner and the apricot-picker that we already have put in this week, I don't know if there IS room for Mr. New Guy ... pity, though, he is SO handsome. He's probably in the Burlesquea mafia, he's just too delectable for reality. And OH! I'm sorry, it IS your turn to post. Emayna just passed out from being poisoned by her ... what did I make him again? ... husband's ex-fiancé's father's under-warden. I.E., the apricot picker. Or was it walnuts? I don't remember. Here, you can use my computer, as long as you make sure the cord trips up that supermodel to our left, she's dating Fredrico."

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Kookaburra said:
KBurra laughed and set about re-organising her pile of papers and her mug line. "Organised? Nonono, I'm simply ... okay, sure, I'm organised. Is that a crime? So sue me!" She contemplated for a moment, then continued. "Right, or rather, get my ex-boyfriend Zach to sue me, he's really good at winning arguements. And I already half-suspect you've been dating him for the last few weeks anyway ...." She let her words trail off, as she looked pensively at her computer moniter. "But don't tell his mum that I broke up with him, she'll be positively FURIOUS after all that big deal I made about the legality of rainbow toe socks at his military ball ..." The enlightened Kendracula sighed and turned to her noodle-slurping friend. "You're right, what with the three waiters and the pool cleaner and the apricot-picker that we already have put in this week, I don't know if there IS room for Mr. New Guy ... pity, though, he is SO handsome. He's probably in the Burlesquea mafia, he's just too delectable for reality. And OH! I'm sorry, it IS your turn to post. Emayna just passed out from being poisoned by her ... what did I make him again? ... husband's ex-fiancé's father's under-warden. I.E., the apricot picker. Or was it walnuts? I don't remember. Here, you can use my computer, as long as you make sure the cord trips up that supermodel to our left, she's dating Fredrico."
Pointing her pair of chopsticks to Kburra, she gave a laugh. "You, my obsessive compulsive friend, are the most organised person I know! And I know a lot of people." She added for good measure before dunking her chopsticks back into the bowl. Geneva gave a laugh at the sue-me comment. "Hey, I'm not dating Zach. I did, for a little while, but then he said that macaroni noodles are better than linguini. No way I'd stay with him after a blasphemous comment like that! But you're right, he nearly won that argument. There is something about cheesy noodles... Oh, no, I promise I won't. Can't stand her, ever since she made me break up with her half sister's nephew-in-law, something about my horrible yellow gloves if I recall correctly." She said, glaring at nothing in particular.

"A terrible pity, pretty people always make things more interesting. Even if they are involved in the mafia. He is SO yummy, I mean working at a coffee shop is soooo hott, I should ask him if he knows my father. He's either a mafia thug or a janitor." She stuck in, swirling her noodles in her bowl. "Passed out?? But she hasn't written a will yet. I mean, if she dies before the will gets out her 12 kids will never know what to do with the jewels she stole from her ex husband. Uhg, didn't you go out with Fredrico? He has bad taste, models are so shallow." Geneva scolded, taking the laptop from Kburra and set aside the coffee cups, the papers, and the now empty soup bowl.

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
Pointing her pair of chopsticks to Kburra, she gave a laugh. "You, my obsessive compulsive friend, are the most organised person I know! And I know a lot of people." She added for good measure before dunking her chopsticks back into the bowl. Geneva gave a laugh at the sue-me comment. "Hey, I'm not dating Zach. I did, for a little while, but then he said that macaroni noodles are better than linguini. No way I'd stay with him after a blasphemous comment like that! But you're right, he nearly won that argument. There is something about cheesy noodles... Oh, no, I promise I won't. Can't stand her, ever since she made me break up with her half sister's nephew-in-law, something about my horrible yellow gloves if I recall correctly." She said, glaring at nothing in particular.

"A terrible pity, pretty people always make things more interesting. Even if they are involved in the mafia. He is SO yummy, I mean working at a coffee shop is soooo hott, I should ask him if he knows my father. He's either a mafia thug or a janitor." She stuck in, swirling her noodles in her bowl. "Passed out?? But she hasn't written a will yet. I mean, if she dies before the will gets out her 12 kids will never know what to do with the jewels she stole from her ex husband. Uhg, didn't you go out with Fredrico? He has bad taste, models are so shallow." Geneva scolded, taking the laptop from Kburra and set aside the coffee cups, the papers, and the now empty soup bowl.

"Old habits die hard," KBurra shrugged absentmindedly. "And you're wrong, she did write a will, but it's secret and won't be found for at least five years after her death, the year that Edvan comes of age. We have to allow Count Morello some time to play his tyrant act, you know. It just wouldn't do justice to my writing skills to have everything so easily resolved. And of course, two years after Edvard has met and married the love of his life (his younger brother's ex-wife, who's bent on revenge but complicates matters by falling in love with Edvard), and they've had their first child (a girl, although her parentage is doubtful - was she kidnapped and raised by the newlyweds? Or was she their half-sister, raised in secrecy to avoid certain confrontations?), Emayna will return, for she never actually died. I had an uncle like that once, he was as hard to kill as a cockroach." Kendracula sipped her chai and smiled dreamily at the new server. "You've forgotten the possibility that he might not be mafia, OR a janitor ... he could be the new bachelor from 82nd Street! You know, the one who burned miss 'Supermodel I' when she offered to take him to the movies. OR he could be a mysterious foreignor with a Scottish accent ... that REALLY is an alien. OH the possibilities!" She made writing motions with her hand in mid-air, and a distant look in her eyes.

"And as for ZACH, man he was always easily manipulated by women. When that woman was me, it wasn't a problem. But as soon as miss 'Supermodel E' came along, well, it became his most unwelome virtue." Kendracula watched with amusement as the girl tripped over the computer internet cable, turning to remark to Jelly rather absentmindedly, "Remind me to get a wireless card, would you? That might have actually damaged my computer, and I'd never be able to forgive her. Not that I'd want to." A waiter fell on top of the supermodel, spilling KBurra's ninth mug of straight black coffee down the back of the supermodel's nicely pinned hair, and pert outfit.

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Kookaburra said:
"Old habits die hard," KBurra shrugged absentmindedly. "And you're wrong, she did write a will, but it's secret and won't be found for at least five years after her death, the year that Edvan comes of age. We have to allow Count Morello some time to play his tyrant act, you know. It just wouldn't do justice to my writing skills to have everything so easily resolved. And of course, two years after Edvard has met and married the love of his life (his younger brother's ex-wife, who's bent on revenge but complicates matters by falling in love with Edvard), and they've had their first child (a girl, although her parentage is doubtful - was she kidnapped and raised by the newlyweds? Or was she their half-sister, raised in secrecy to avoid certain confrontations?), Emayna will return, for she never actually died. I had an uncle like that once, he was as hard to kill as a cockroach." Kendracula sipped her chai and smiled dreamily at the new server. "You've forgotten the possibility that he might not be mafia, OR a janitor ... he could be the new bachelor from 82nd Street! You know, the one who burned miss 'Supermodel I' when she offered to take him to the movies. OR he could be a mysterious foreignor with a Scottish accent ... that REALLY is an alien. OH the possibilities!" She made writing motions with her hand in mid-air, and a distant look in her eyes.

"And as for ZACH, man he was always easily manipulated by women. When that woman was me, it wasn't a problem. But as soon as miss 'Supermodel E' came along, well, it became his most unwelome virtue." Kendracula watched with amusement as the girl tripped over the computer internet cable, turning to remark to Jelly rather absentmindedly, "Remind me to get a wireless card, would you? That might have actually damaged my computer, and I'd never be able to forgive her. Not that I'd want to." A waiter fell on top of the supermodel, spilling KBurra's ninth mug of straight black coffee down the back of the supermodel's nicely pinned hair, and pert outfit.
"So do habits you're born with." Geneva remarked drily, quickly typing the next twists in their story. "No no no. While that is great and will keep us busy for the next two days or so, that is too... real. This is fiction we're writing, it needs to be more out there than that. Except the doubtful parentage, we can work that in. I say she wakes up, writes out a will, and collapses into the arms of... JASON. Yes, Jason, her Indian cousin whom claims is a plumber. Speaking of cockaroaches, look at what that girl with the red hair is wearing. Who wears all brown?" She said with disgust, refraining from typing for a second.

"That new bachelor? No way. I heard he chews bubble gum all the time and speaks with a French accent. I can see a French-accent speaker a mile away, that's not him. But yes, there are too many possibilities! We should try talking to him and maybe finding things out. They say.... they say truth is stranger than fiction." Jelly claimed conspiratorially. "Speaking of which, why are there so many supermodels around? I thought only one actually lived in the city... guess Burlesquea is getting semi-popular!" She whispered gleefully, half because of the popularity level and half because their ploy had worked. "Serves her right for wearing stilettos! But yes, I will remind you, how awful that would be if she damaged your laptop!"

Finishing her typing, she handed the laptop back to Kburra, not able to stifle the laugh she had when she saw the coffee mug flop over and land on the poor supermodel. Turning it quickly into a cough, she said in a heavy British accent, "Such a waste of good coffee, old chap. I am most displeased with your service!" With that, she gave a wide grin and said to her friend, "I have to get ready for a date. Irving asked me to go to an art gallery with him. Want to be a spy and tag along? He's cute but from what I've heard, too serious for us to get along for too long. I may need you to come save me."

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
"So do habits you're born with." Geneva remarked drily, quickly typing the next twists in their story. "No no no. While that is great and will keep us busy for the next two days or so, that is too... real. This is fiction we're writing, it needs to be more out there than that. Except the doubtful parentage, we can work that in. I say she wakes up, writes out a will, and collapses into the arms of... JASON. Yes, Jason, her Indian cousin whom claims is a plumber. Speaking of cockaroaches, look at what that girl with the red hair is wearing. Who wears all brown?" She said with disgust, refraining from typing for a second.

"That new bachelor? No way. I heard he chews bubble gum all the time and speaks with a French accent. I can see a French-accent speaker a mile away, that's not him. But yes, there are too many possibilities! We should try talking to him and maybe finding things out. They say.... they say truth is stranger than fiction." Jelly claimed conspiratorially. "Speaking of which, why are there so many supermodels around? I thought only one actually lived in the city... guess Burlesquea is getting semi-popular!" She whispered gleefully, half because of the popularity level and half because their ploy had worked. "Serves her right for wearing stilettos! But yes, I will remind you, how awful that would be if she damaged your laptop!"

Finishing her typing, she handed the laptop back to Kburra, not able to stifle the laugh she had when she saw the coffee mug flop over and land on the poor supermodel. Turning it quickly into a cough, she said in a heavy British accent, "Such a waste of good coffee, old chap. I am most displeased with your service!" With that, she gave a wide grin and said to her friend, "I have to get ready for a date. Irving asked me to go to an art gallery with him. Want to be a spy and tag along? He's cute but from what I've heard, too serious for us to get along for too long. I may need you to come save me."

"Burra-Chan" nodded absentmindedly, tapping away a quick instant message to her cousin in Taiwan before shutting the laptop down and hastily winding the internet cable, with a grimace in the direction of the fallen supermodel and the waiter, who were still wrestling on the floor. The model seemed to be gaining the upper hand until the waiter pulled out her bobby pins and sent them spinning across the coffee-covered floor. The shrieks and babble arising from the goings-on seemed to draw the other occupants of the coffee shops like moths to a flame, as each of them was somehow sucked into the now-vigorous brawl.

"I bet they end up kissing, it'd be just like her," she said disgustedly, delicately placing her english notes into a duffle bag (along with two of the empty mugs and a bottle of Chai flavouring on the sly) and zipping up her separate laptop carry bag.

"And of COURSE I'll shadow you, it's always been my favourite way to spend a thursday evening. Only, today's -" she glanced at her mobile phone, just as it began to ring, "-monday. Hang on a minute, it's ... never you mind. Someone secret, mysterious, and very good looking." She answered the call, murmured a few unintelligible words, and then snapped the phone shut. "Let's go!"

KBurra promptly loaded herself up with the bags and various other oddments, drawing astonished looks from the shop personell, who had very likely never seen her leave before. As they left La Kava Siesta, the coffee shop with the odd name, Kendracula could still be heard muttering to her friend. "You know, you may be right. My creativity has SO been sapped by this uber-massive RPG I joined ... I was thinking about inviting you, but then you're always so busy with Fredrico and ... whoever this guy is I'll be shadowing tonight. And dodging your dad's mafia connexions. Which reminds me!" She spun around twice, clapped her hands, did a sideways jig, flashed her rainbow toe socks, and then rushed around the corner to her dorm. "That'll throw them off if anything does!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Kookaburra said:
"Burra-Chan" nodded absentmindedly, tapping away a quick instant message to her cousin in Taiwan before shutting the laptop down and hastily winding the internet cable, with a grimace in the direction of the fallen supermodel and the waiter, who were still wrestling on the floor. The model seemed to be gaining the upper hand until the waiter pulled out her bobby pins and sent them spinning across the coffee-covered floor. The shrieks and babble arising from the goings-on seemed to draw the other occupants of the coffee shops like moths to a flame, as each of them was somehow sucked into the now-vigorous brawl.

"I bet they end up kissing, it'd be just like her," she said disgustedly, delicately placing her english notes into a duffle bag (along with two of the empty mugs and a bottle of Chai flavouring on the sly) and zipping up her separate laptop carry bag.

"And of COURSE I'll shadow you, it's always been my favourite way to spend a thursday evening. Only, today's -" she glanced at her mobile phone, just as it began to ring, "-monday. Hang on a minute, it's ... never you mind. Someone secret, mysterious, and very good looking." She answered the call, murmured a few unintelligible words, and then snapped the phone shut. "Let's go!"

KBurra promptly loaded herself up with the bags and various other oddments, drawing astonished looks from the shop personell, who had very likely never seen her leave before. As they left La Kava Siesta, the coffee shop with the odd name, Kendracula could still be heard muttering to her friend. "You know, you may be right. My creativity has SO been sapped by this uber-massive RPG I joined ... I was thinking about inviting you, but then you're always so busy with Fredrico and ... whoever this guy is I'll be shadowing tonight. And dodging your dad's mafia connexions. Which reminds me!" She spun around twice, clapped her hands, did a sideways jig, flashed her rainbow toe socks, and then rushed around the corner to her dorm. "That'll throw them off if anything does!"
((I showed this to my brother, and when he was told it was making fun of soap operas he instantly said "What? No vampires?!" :D))

Jelly patted Kburra's shoulder sympathetically. "I'm sorry about your cup of coffee. Such a waste, especially on her!" She said with a shudder. She pocketed her small notepad, stuffed the book into another larger pocket and actually stepped right over the two wrestling people, oblivious to the scene even when a bobbypin flew out and got caught in one of her curls. "What's that you said about kissing?" She said, turning around to hear her better. "K-chan, you need to speak up."

"Well, if you start shadowing me on Monday's more, perhaps you will appreciate it more." Geneva pointed out brightly. "Of course they're secret, mysterious, and good-looking. If not, they're too boring to talk to." While Kendracula took care of that, Geneva took note of her surroundings finally. She gave a grin at the shocked expressions of the staff. "I think you need to spend a little less time here, dah-ling. Or they'll start making you pay rent!" She cried, making her way out of the shop.

She walked down the busy street with Kendracula, although her walk was more of a skip. "WHAT? Me, busy with Fredrico?? Please, that was back when he thought I was a supermodel. And even then, we only talked hatchi- 8!- hours a day. That, my dear friend, is nothing. You should've invited me, I am flabbergasted and offended. POSE!" She said, with an obligatory sob as she gave her million dollar pose. "Of course, along with my brillirant Converses!" Geneva said, admiring her shoes, which consisted of one yellow and one green Converse shoes. "By the way. Irving will be the tall one, when you're shadowing us, okay? Last time you did, you shadowed me and we never found out a thing about... what's his name. I thought for sure you would be able to tell us apart." She said disappointedly.

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
((I showed this to my brother, and when he was told it was making fun of soap operas he instantly said "What? No vampires?!" :D))

Jelly patted Kburra's shoulder sympathetically. "I'm sorry about your cup of coffee. Such a waste, especially on her!" She said with a shudder. She pocketed her small notepad, stuffed the book into another larger pocket and actually stepped right over the two wrestling people, oblivious to the scene even when a bobbypin flew out and got caught in one of her curls. "What's that you said about kissing?" She said, turning around to hear her better. "K-chan, you need to speak up."

"Well, if you start shadowing me on Monday's more, perhaps you will appreciate it more." Geneva pointed out brightly. "Of course they're secret, mysterious, and good-looking. If not, they're too boring to talk to." While Kendracula took care of that, Geneva took note of her surroundings finally. She gave a grin at the shocked expressions of the staff. "I think you need to spend a little less time here, dah-ling. Or they'll start making you pay rent!" She cried, making her way out of the shop.

She walked down the busy street with Kendracula, although her walk was more of a skip. "WHAT? Me, busy with Fredrico?? Please, that was back when he thought I was a supermodel. And even then, we only talked hatchi- 8!- hours a day. That, my dear friend, is nothing. You should've invited me, I am flabbergasted and offended. POSE!" She said, with an obligatory sob as she gave her million dollar pose. "Of course, along with my brillirant Converses!" Geneva said, admiring her shoes, which consisted of one yellow and one green Converse shoes. "By the way. Irving will be the tall one, when you're shadowing us, okay? Last time you did, you shadowed me and we never found out a thing about... what's his name. I thought for sure you would be able to tell us apart." She said disappointedly.

(( Tell your brother to be patient. I can't handle both aliens and vampyres in one day ... ||grins|| ))​

"Coffee is a waste whenever it doesn't go down -my- throat," Kookaburra responded, still in a somewhat distant manner. "And you're right, what reason would I have a guy on my phone list unless he was as dashing as the nonexistant Prince Charming, and as mysterious as a guy who can't remember his own name. And buck up, dearie, I'll invite you if you wish, truly I swear! I am insulted you didn't already think of that." She shuffled along, dragging two bags behind her along with one of the supermodel's stilettos.

"Could you swipe my card to let us in?" she said, her voice muffled by her laptop bag, which was perched on top of her duffle, which she was carrying. "My hands are kind of ... full. Ah, thank you." They moved inside the dorm, careful to make sure none of KBurra's numerous bags got caught in the automatic door.

"And you know what? I thought you said he was the tall one, last time. I didn't find out until after that you were referring to yourself. It just goes to show you, Jelly, never date someone shorter than you are. It gives your friends a really tough time trying to figure out who is who and which person they should stalk and ... uh ... spray with easycheese sometime in the course of the night. And you know, I'm always happy to drive away however many guys you want, especially the good-looking ones. I love those, they're the funnest to detach and then ... well ... attach. Men," she reflected happily, "are wonderful creatures. So easy to manipulate if you know what kind of car he likes!" She dumped two of her bags in the middle of the floor, and then dragged the other two so that they were easily kicked under the bunk bed. "Oh, and wasn't his name Papaya, or was that the one we dyed his hair green during the night? I must be thinking of Tetris. Or was he Solitaire? I can't remember. It was something odd like that, a computer game. Nothing so attractive as manga or watercolour."

KBurra flopped down on her bunk and pulled out her new shiny iPod, browsing through her updated song list while eyeing the clock. "How long do you have until you meet him? Make sure you give me time to don my black fatigues, it just wouldn't do to get caught in pink."

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
Kookaburra said:
(( Tell your brother to be patient. I can't handle both aliens and vampyres in one day ... ||grins|| ))​

"Coffee is a waste whenever it doesn't go down -my- throat," Kookaburra responded, still in a somewhat distant manner. "And you're right, what reason would I have a guy on my phone list unless he was as dashing as the nonexistant Prince Charming, and as mysterious as a guy who can't remember his own name. And buck up, dearie, I'll invite you if you wish, truly I swear! I am insulted you didn't already think of that." She shuffled along, dragging two bags behind her along with one of the supermodel's stilettos.

"Could you swipe my card to let us in?" she said, her voice muffled by her laptop bag, which was perched on top of her duffle, which she was carrying. "My hands are kind of ... full. Ah, thank you." They moved inside the dorm, careful to make sure none of KBurra's numerous bags got caught in the automatic door.

"And you know what? I thought you said he was the tall one, last time. I didn't find out until after that you were referring to yourself. It just goes to show you, Jelly, never date someone shorter than you are. It gives your friends a really tough time trying to figure out who is who and which person they should stalk and ... uh ... spray with easycheese sometime in the course of the night. And you know, I'm always happy to drive away however many guys you want, especially the good-looking ones. I love those, they're the funnest to detach and then ... well ... attach. Men," she reflected happily, "are wonderful creatures. So easy to manipulate if you know what kind of car he likes!" She dumped two of her bags in the middle of the floor, and then dragged the other two so that they were easily kicked under the bunk bed. "Oh, and wasn't his name Papaya, or was that the one we dyed his hair green during the night? I must be thinking of Tetris. Or was he Solitaire? I can't remember. It was something odd like that, a computer game. Nothing so attractive as manga or watercolour."

KBurra flopped down on her bunk and pulled out her new shiny iPod, browsing through her updated song list while eyeing the clock. "How long do you have until you meet him? Make sure you give me time to don my black fatigues, it just wouldn't do to get caught in pink."
((You get the aliens, I'll get the vampires! :D))

"Well what about MY throat? It's just as worthy for coffee as yours." Geneva replied mildly, then grinned spontaneously. "I'm glad I'm beautiful enough to get on your phone list! The only people who get on mine must like manga or make a good looking manga character.... or like noodles. I'm not terribly picky. And you never know, you hadn't promised me an invite until now!" She said, then opening the door to their building for Kendracula.

While they were making their way to the dorms, Jelly actually received a call. "Moshi moshi konnichiwa! Oh, hi, Brent. Yes, she's with me. No, we aren't at LKS. Yes, it's a miracle. No, I won't marry you. No, she won't marry you. We both hate you because you cut your hair. Syonara!" She said, and then added apologetically, "I hope you didn't want to marry Brent, Burra-chan, because he proposed. Again."

Once fully inside their dorm, she unlaced her shoes and flopped onto her tiny bed, which was crowded over with various mangas. Dumping them off her bed, she pulled out her latest book. "Yes, yes, now I remember, I did tell you he was the taller one. I wasn't talking about myself, the guy whom I was dating at the time always wore his hair spikey and wore boots that gave him like, 5 inches of height. Then on that date I had you shadow him, he wore his hair straight and wore flip-flops. Can you believe it? He said he couldn't hide his height anymore, the jerk! I mean, he should've had the decency to lie so you could've trailed him. But noooo. That's the real reason we broke up, not because I don't know his name. Who cares about names?" Jelly ranted, reading the book as she spoke. "Yeah, I never understood why you have such a thing for spraying your stalking victims with cheesewhiz. I mean, it took me THREE DAYS to get that mess out of my naturally curly hair."

Geneva laughed. "Yeah, you always date the ones you stalk. When they're good looking and buy you coffee, that is. And you always did have proficiency with guys and their cars." She said dreamily, flipping a page. "I have no idea what his name was. I think it started with an R. Or a C. Or maybe it was a B? I dunno. We dyed Karl's hair green, remember? Karl as in Carl with a C as in Curl as in Celery as in green hair? Yeah. The thing that pawns all would be a manga done in watercolour! OH! Mary Lee died of a heart attack again! The poor thing..." She moaned, and jolted up in her bed.

"Ack! He's coming to get me in about an hour! I should change, I suppose. Well, we are going to an art museum, are you sure black isn't too conspicuous? White would work better, although pink is something he would never catch! Maybe you should wear a white shirt, black pants, rainbow toe socks, and paint your fingernails pink." Jelly cried, setting the book aside, bouncing in front of Kburra, and rushing to look into their closet.

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
jelly_bean said:
((You get the aliens, I'll get the vampires! :D))

"Well what about MY throat? It's just as worthy for coffee as yours." Geneva replied mildly, then grinned spontaneously. "I'm glad I'm beautiful enough to get on your phone list! The only people who get on mine must like manga or make a good looking manga character.... or like noodles. I'm not terribly picky. And you never know, you hadn't promised me an invite until now!" She said, then opening the door to their building for Kendracula.

While they were making their way to the dorms, Jelly actually received a call. "Moshi moshi konnichiwa! Oh, hi, Brent. Yes, she's with me. No, we aren't at LKS. Yes, it's a miracle. No, I won't marry you. No, she won't marry you. We both hate you because you cut your hair. Syonara!" She said, and then added apologetically, "I hope you didn't want to marry Brent, Burra-chan, because he proposed. Again."

Once fully inside their dorm, she unlaced her shoes and flopped onto her tiny bed, which was crowded over with various mangas. Dumping them off her bed, she pulled out her latest book. "Yes, yes, now I remember, I did tell you he was the taller one. I wasn't talking about myself, the guy whom I was dating at the time always wore his hair spikey and wore boots that gave him like, 5 inches of height. Then on that date I had you shadow him, he wore his hair straight and wore flip-flops. Can you believe it? He said he couldn't hide his height anymore, the jerk! I mean, he should've had the decency to lie so you could've trailed him. But noooo. That's the real reason we broke up, not because I don't know his name. Who cares about names?" Jelly ranted, reading the book as she spoke. "Yeah, I never understood why you have such a thing for spraying your stalking victims with cheesewhiz. I mean, it took me THREE DAYS to get that mess out of my naturally curly hair."

Geneva laughed. "Yeah, you always date the ones you stalk. When they're good looking and buy you coffee, that is. And you always did have proficiency with guys and their cars." She said dreamily, flipping a page. "I have no idea what his name was. I think it started with an R. Or a C. Or maybe it was a B? I dunno. We died Karl's hair green, remember? Karl and in Carl with a C as in Curl as in Celery as in green hair? Yeah. The thing that pawns all would be a manga done in watercolour! OH! Mary Lee died of a heart attack again! The poor thing..." She moaned, and jolted up in her bed.

"Ack! He's coming to get me in about an hour! I should change, I suppose. Well, we are going to an art museum, are you sure black isn't too conspicuous? White would work better, although pink is something he would never catch! Maybe you should wear a white shirt, black pants, rainbow toe socks, and paint your fingernails pink." Jelly cried, setting the book aside, bouncing in front of Kburra, and rushing to look into their closet.

KBurra sighed and pulled off her knee-high soccer socks. "Nono, white shirt? Didn't you hear my last time you made me wear a white shirt? Some idiot shot me with a paintball gun, and I didn't know myself until I came out of my madness, and he was covered from head to toe in a pink flamingo print I plucked off the wall and smashed over him. We were in an art gallery that time too. My point is, the shirt got pink and bubblegum all over it from wrestling him to the floor with my cool new ninja moves. I decided to swap to jujitsu once that happened. It was abominable." She rifled through her blankets, eventually producing the said shirt, which was mouldy and still showing bubble gum from where it had been stuck between the bunk and the wall.

"Ew," she said after a moment of contemplation, and was soon after echoed by Jelly, who had discovered Marcela's spycam in her favourite dress in the closet. "That CREATURE has been spying to see who I'm dating, AGAIN!!"

KBurra stuck her tongue out lazily in the camera's direction. It was fluero blue, courtesy of her highlighter-sucking habits. A gasp was heard from the far side of their right wall, and Kendracula set to whacking it with the supermodel's stiletto while still perusing her iPod songlist.

"I hope Irvin doesn't spike his hair. Having it slicked down is rather nice, since it hides the fact he has no brain." She threw the shoe at the wall, a little harder. "I could chuck a spazz if he changes his hair style at the same rate as our emancipated unknown friend. Oh, and no, I have no intention of getting married again anytime soon. Hayden and Jared and Gregory ... and oh, Hamburglar ... were all disappointments. I want to celebrate singleness for once ... OH! But if that server proposes tomorrow (which we both know is inevitable), I am SO accepting! But," KBurra said after a momentary pause, during which both she and Jelly were making faces at the camera, "he probably has a couple of wives stashed around in various attics. He looks like a mormon to me ...."

Kendracula finally hopped down from the bunk and began looking through the wardrobe. "I think I'll stick with an inconspicuous blood-red top, and a knee-length black skirt ... lessee ... and oh, yes, here are some matching knee-high black and red socks ... and my nice shiny new shoes ... oh, I love shoes ... you can never have too many ... and HERE!! HERE IT IS!!" She whipped out a wig from her dresser drawer. "It's the Alias wig! Long, straight, black, and utterly spy-ish. RIGHT ON!!" She grabbed the clothes, ran out of the room, and a few minutes came pelting back in fully transformed into "SUPER CHEESY SECRET AGENT!!" Her screech echoed down the hall way, in perfectly modulated British tones. She whipped on her imitation versace sunnies and waited patiently for Jelly to finish her own preparations.

Upvote 0

jelly_bean

Oct 26, 2004
Flutopia
✟51,043.00
Faith
Christian
"Okay, in that case," Geneva started, grabbing a brush and undoing her hair, "Wear your pink shirt, pink capris, white shoes, and paint your fingernails black. If Irving happens to see you, fan your fingers over your face and he won't know a thing." She finished, tossing aside the hairbrush and giving Kendracula a serious stare, which instantly wrinkled when she saw the old pink-coloured shirt. "Ew!" She said. "It is too bad about your ninja stuff though. Ninjas are cool." Jelly cried, clasping her hands together, and staring into nothingness in an Asian-pride moment.

"I can't believe Marcela is still interested in our love lives. It's so childish of her, JUST because we happened to blurt the truth about her father's ex-seventh wife, she's never left us alone since." Jelly cried overdramatically, tossing the dress aside.((who spotted the camera? not too clear...)) "I think I'll try wearing my green skirt, so for once he may notice my eyecolour." She announced to no one in particular, grabbing it and moving towards the bathroom to change. Which took approximately three and a half seconds. Hearing a dull thudding noise, she ran out, and then gave a huff as she realised it was Kendracula attacking the camera.

"Where did you get that from, K-chan? I didn't know you were a supermodel!" She said, the disappointment obvious in her voice. "Everyone is selling out and becoming a supermodel nowadays. Next thing you know, you'll dye your hair blonde. ...Oh wait, it already is blonde. Well, then you'll dye it hazelnut, then walnut, then coffeenut, and then decide you either want to be a redhead or a blonde again." Jelly said, now rummaging around for a shirt.

"No, Irving says spiking of hair is for posers, and he's too original to be a poser. No no, he's a brainy one. He may be too smart for me, which if he is, you're to come rescue me. He wears his hair normally... yes, he's kind of boring, but awfully cute. I mean, he's really cute." She corrected, getting out a three quarters sleeve black shirt which had a white and lime green panda on it. "I'm glad you aren't going to try marriage again for a bit. I mean, I was betting you and Hamburglar were really going to stick with each other!! But then that purple chick waved her little finger, and he went running. Such a shame, and such a waste of two days. Celebrate singleness? When there's that cute-- yeah, if he doesn't propose tomorrow, I'll propose to him. We'd have beautiful children(not that you two wouldn't) and we would live in noodley bliss happily ever after. Unless he's a coffee drinker, THEN you can have him." Geneva said dismissively. The whole she was speaking, she made outrageous faces at the small camera, and Kburra was doing the same.

"Oh, dear, I never thought of that. I was so certain he was a Jehovah's witness! I mean, he knocked on the counter quite a bit. But you always are better at guessing these things. As long as the wives don't hog noodles or coffee, does it concern us terribly?" She asked, her shirt now changed and was applying heaps of lipgloss.

By the time she had applied a full jar of lipgloss to her lips, Kendracula struck. "You look PERFECT! Like a dalmation who hit a firetruck! Gorgeous, dahling. You'll be so glamorous and spy-like, he won't know what hit him, unless you hit him." Geneva announced. "But now, we shall go and strike fear into the hearts of men. And supermodels. ONWARD!... Do you think he would notice if I brought some noodles with me?"

Upvote 0