Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1st April 2003 at 07:05 PM Lanakila said this in Post #1

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

*humbled*

would the USA find it in their hearts create a little bit extra "room" to bury my daddy killed in Vietnam war?

~loribee59

Daughter of KIA: LCDR Michael L Bouchard, Pilot of USN, 12-19-1968 Laos

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1st April 2003 at 09:05 PM Lanakila said this in Post #1

Thanks for this beautiful quote. Many around the world need to stop and reflect on who paid for the freedoms they enjoy. This is also a time for Americans to reflect and remember there is always a price for freedom and peace. I pray for our men and women in the Armed Forces daily, and I also pray their duty, sweat, and blood will be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Outstanding.

It reminds me of a similar quote by Harry Truman, after Charles DeGaulle had been thumping his chest and demanding that the United States remove every last American soldier from France; Truman merely replied, "What about those ones buried up there on the Normandy beach? Do you want us to remove them, too?"

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2nd April 2003 at 08:37 AM Wolseley said this in Post #7 

It reminds me of a similar quote by Harry Truman, after Charles DeGaulle had been thumping his chest and demanding that the United States remove every last American soldier from France; Truman merely replied, "What about those ones buried up there on the Normandy beach? Do you want us to remove them, too?"

THANKS!, another great quote. This one involves France, and I think that many are beginning to wonder about any appreciation in France for their rescue and freedom. I think that we will soon find out why France was so opposed to the war against Iraq. I don't gamble, but I would just about bet that we are going to find considerable military equipment and resources from France that violates UN resolutions and Charters. When we find this information, I think we need to publish it and let the world know.  

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
1st April 2003 at 09:05 PM Lanakila said this in Post #1

Are these your own words?  (except for the Powell quote of course)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums