Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's so sad. He is another break through case we hear about. Personally, I have been in contact with more Breakthrough cases than not. I pray they improve on these vaccinations in the future.

He was 84 and immune-compromised due to multiple myeloma. Yes, it was a breakthrough case, but the vaccine may not have been able to protect him at all with a compromised immune system like his.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I liked him a lot. Lord, have mercy.

portrait-of-general-colin-powell-bachrach.jpg

Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was 84 and immune-compromised due to multiple myeloma. Yes, it was a breakthrough case, but the vaccine may not have been able to protect him at all with a compromised immune system like his.

Ok. All I said is I wish they could get better at these vaccines. Being immune-compromised isn't the only portion of the population that has these break through cases.

When I said this:

That's so sad. He is another break through case we hear about. Personally, I have been in contact with more Breakthrough cases than not. I pray they improve on these vaccinations in the future.

From my personal life? I have seen more of the breakthrough cases, and it wasn't because of being immune-compromised. I will give you one example. My oldest has 3 roommates. All vaccinated. 3 of her roommates were affected. Normal, Healthy young people. One of which has had lasting issues since they were affected. They all work in a essential industry (food to grocery stores), and it started with a co-worker - vaccinated. For some reason my oldest was sparred - which all of us are thankful for.

Stating that I hope these vaccinations improve in the future? I had them in mind and some others in my life in mind when I said it. It's not a slam on the vaccinations or some feelings towards it needing to be 100%. It was just flat out - hoping they improve on them.

I honestly think this virus isn't going anywhere, and improvement on the vaccines (which we are capable of) will help. That includes patriots like Mr. Powell with his immune-compromised condition.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0