Colder areas of U.S. suggest Covid19 future for the rest of U.S.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And they can't easily "ramp up production" of doctors and nurses.
Compared with other countries, the US experienced high COVID-19–associated mortality and excess all-cause mortality into September 2020. After the first peak in early spring, US death rates from COVID-19 and from all causes remained higher than even countries with high COVID-19 mortality. This may have been a result of several factors, including weak public health infrastructure and a decentralized, inconsistent US response to the pandemic.
COVID-19 and Excess All-Cause Mortality in the US and 18 Comparison Countries

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have actually been keeping a close eye on GA's numbers and they are actually decreasing ( hospital and death wise) Today ( the numbers are updated at 3PM each day to include weekends) we had less than 1,000 new total cases 14 deaths and just 21 hospital admissions.
Georgians being in the South, are in a temporary reprieve -- pleasant and mild temperatures in the South for September, October, November -- able to just spend social group time outdoors, where the virus has trouble spreading.

! Nice weather typically. I know having lived in Texas about 27 years, what that time of year is like.

If you will observe the OP, post #1 in this thread, it's what the OP is about. Seeing how cold weather in northern states that already arrived shows us a likely future for Covid spread in the rest of the U.S. once full winter comes, and more people head indoors and have guests over....

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oregon, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont are #47 through #50 in per capita cases.
Yes, like New York, the Northeast in general got the message, with the high Covid levels around them in April, in much of the Northeast, and it was intense enough that they have continued to wear masks quite well, having learned in a more intense way. Also, perhaps the normal New England social distancing they already have as the normal culture to begin with helps. ;-) Oregon is interesting. They did fight an early outbreak. Of course, Oregon is pretty democratic, and one of the odd, self-harming things that some (but more than only a few) Trump supporters have somehow come to think that mask wearing shows one isn't somehow a gung ho Trump supporter (!? is this really what they think??)...a truly odd self-harming idea. I've tried to disabuse a few of that idea, but it's hard to know if it helps.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"More than 70,450 new coronavirus cases were reported in the United States on Friday, the highest figure since July 24, according to a New York Times database. More than 900 new deaths were recorded.

At least nine states set single-day case records on Friday: Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, North Dakota, Indiana, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. And as of midday Saturday, Indiana and Ohio had set records.

The virus has also been surging globally: a record 415,000-plus cases on Friday, a record.

Epidemiologists warn that nearly half of the states in the U.S. are seeing surges unlike anything they experienced earlier in the pandemic. Eighteen states and Guam added more cases this week than in any other week. The nationwide seven-day average has increased by nearly 8,000 daily new cases since last Friday."
U.S. Records 70,000 New Cases in a Day for the First Time Since July Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Montana, North and South Dakota -- these northern states where the cold fronts usually arrive first and last longer -- are showing considerable increase in Covid 19.
That's because Jack Frost has COVID.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New York’s numbers went way down . What the heck are they doing wrong ? Aside from refusing to take even minimal precautions
Having actually traveled up into Wisconsin with a friend that knew many people there, a few years ago, I can make a guess that that there will be plenty that refused to wear a mask, believed the virus 'overblown' or such. It only takes a modest but sizable portion of the population doing that disregard of safety measures, such as 10% or 20% of people, especially among the more mobile younger generations (under 60) that gather together a lot, to be enough of an avenue for this highly contagious virus to rapidly spread.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"...An Arctic outbreak even more extreme than one felt in early September is expected to race southeastward from the northern Rockies Friday night to the southern Plains on Monday and could deliver temperature departures from average of 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit. ..."
https://www.accuweather.com/en/wint...her-in-snow-unusually-far-to-the-south/835226

The very cold air coming here to us means some place in the high latitudes should see warmer air flow in. Warmer someplace far away.

It will bear watching to see how this arctic chill affects virus spread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums