Oct 14, 2004
✟1,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do this sometimes. Even if it's just once it can help make your hair shinier for that day. I think lukewarm-cold water is more healthy for your hair, but usually I don't go by that. I like for my showers to be like saunas. Sometimes I'll rinse my hair in really cold water right before I get out.

Upvote 0

SnowDove

Oct 1, 2004
✟1,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This morning, when I was in the shower, I thought about all of you and how you suggested cold water. For a brief second I thought to myself, "Shelley (that's my real name), perhaps you should rinse your hair in cold water before you get out to see what happens!" But, then I snapped back to the wonderful reality of my steaming-hot shower and considered you all wacky. Lol...I'll never be brave enough to try it! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to do this in college, but not by choice. By the time I got to take a shower there was no hot water so I was forced to rinse in cold water. It works - deffinately makes your hair shinier. I believe the cold water smooths the hair shaft, therefore making it shiny.

Oh, sweetchild, if you do it quick it doesn't hurt.

Upvote 0

halifaxhoney

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
Canada
✟12,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
kleptobismol said:
you're not supposed to rinse your hair in cold water too often. it causes the hair to become brittle and break off.
It's weird because I've heard that exact opposite to that. I just never used cold water because I don't like to change water temps. I've always found warm water to be good for my hair.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sharleen

Dec 5, 2004
California
✟489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have done this too, rinsed in cold water after shampooing. It feels good to do so. I had always heard it was good for the scalp, rather than the hair. It closes the pores of your scalp, and keeps you healthier in winter, or something - you won't catch a cold. Anyway, I never heard it did anything good for your hair, until now. ;)

Upvote 0

sunshinejennii

Pierced, Purple, Hippy, Happy, Laughing Lass
Mar 20, 2004
Uni=Birmingham, England and Home=Leicester (Oadby)
✟5,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah I've heard that too, and I'm sure it works, just a quick rinse, because (and I quote my friend) it smooths down the hair follicles, invigorates the scalp and brightens the colour if it's dyed.

Upvote 0