Cold War Role Play?

F

firzenr

I was just thinking, how bout a role-play that takes place during the height of the Cold War, maybe set in 1956? It might be very interesting, and you can play as negotiators/etc on the Warsaw Pact side or NATO. It's going to be those tough, slow-medium paced role plays which just build up and goes faster and faster. It'll ahve a political mindset, so RP'ers need to think politcally and use chain-reactions of events to get what they want. It also needs some level of intelligence and knowledge of the Cold War and how both sides communicated with each other and threatened each other. I'm thinking of one that starts out slow, eg, warships block passage of the Mediterranean sea to West-Backed Greece and Turkey, but at the same time, NATO players would want to follow the game realistically and not send out military forces lest risk a nuclear war. Then from there, tensions build up further, and we'll drop it off when this thing loses interest or when we're at the stage of Mutual Assured Destruction and on a full-scale nuclear war. Somebody or I will, start it if there is enough interest.

---------