Col 2 is not opposing the Bible - it is opposing making stuff up via traditions of man

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
proof for Col 2 -- condemning the traditions and doctrines of man - and upholding the Word of God --

Col 2 is opposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Acts 15:1-2 the historic context of some folks 'making stuff up' and saying that one cannot be saved unless they comply with the made-up rules. In Col 2:14-15 Paul points out that salvation is through Christ who paid the debt of sin owed. Then Paul goes after all the various forms of making-stuff-up showing how it is condemned.

Col 2:
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

============= Christ Himself condemned Bible-denying traditions of man

GOD speaks for God and HE already spoke to this point of changing His Law via church tradition. As we see in Mark 7:6-13

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

That is a case of Christ demonstrating the way that the magisterium is hammered "sola scriptura" in the cases where it is shown via "Sola Scriptura" testing that it is traditions and "doctrines of men" that are at odds with scripture

================= Accuser of the Brethren condemned

In Rev 12 we see the work of the "Accuser of the brethren".

In Matt 7 (pre-cross -- and law in full effect) Christ condemns judging others.

In Col 2:16 we have this -

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

An example of NOT condemning eating OR drinking or remembering God's Ten-Commandment creation-Sabbath day to keep it holy. Rather Col 2 condemns the "commandments of men" - (as is so carefully avoided in the quotes we often see from Col 2)

Col 2 is 0pposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command. - so it is opposed to 'making stuff up' - via "man-made tradition"

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just curious about your understanding. I agree with many things you post, but I’m wondering if you believe it is permissible for followers of Messiah to eat swine and other unclean animals?

The reason I ask is because I notice you draw a line between the 10 commandments & the rest of the Torah, and do so in a way that suggests followers of Messiah don’t have to do anything except the 10 commandments (this is just how it comes across to me)

Shalom :)

Though that is not addressed to any of my posts - I am curious if you think that only the Ten Commandments are endorsed by these pro-Sunday Christian groups.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
proof for Col 2 -- condemning the traditions and doctrines of man - and upholding the Word of God --

Col 2 is opposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

GOD speaks for God and HE already spoke to this point of changing His Law via church tradition. As we see in Mark 7:6-13

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the Commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

That is a case of Christ demonstrating the way that the magisterium is hammered "sola scriptura" in the cases where it is shown via "Sola Scriptura" testing that it is traditions and "doctrines of men" that are at odds with scripture

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of sabbath days:

An example of NOT condemning eating OR drinking or remembering God's Ten-Commandment creation-Sabbath day to keep it holy. Rather Col 2 condemns the "commandments of men" - (as is so carefully avoided in the quotes we often see from Col 2)

Col 2 is 0pposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command. - so it is opposed to 'making stuff up' - via "man-made tradition"
Hello Bob.

I think you are reading Colossians chapter two upside down, you started at line 18.

I read the verses before line 18 for the context, and read it differently to you.

Colossians 2:13-14
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

It simply says that the Gentiles were already dead and uncircumcised. So the Gentiles needed circumcision and life.

Do you agree with that Bob?

Then we have.

God canceled the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us...

This sentence is not talking about any man made traditions. There were actually decrees against us and whatever these decrees were, they were hostile to us.

How do you read that sentence?

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.
I think you are reading Colossians chapter two upside down,

Hello David -- I find your logic "illusive" just then. Is there some verse you would not like read?

you started at line 18.

Would you prefer that I left it out??

To help end that rabbit trail early that you are starting -- I have included vs 8.

Col 2:
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ

I read the verses before line 18 for the context, and read it differently to you.

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt

Vs 8 comes before vs 13.

Did you stop and think about what you were reading?

The "certificate of debt" is "the bill" based on the contract -- it is "the ticket" that is based on the law -- it is your record and debt owed for violation. It is true of BOTH Jews and gentiles.

"He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross."

But what He did not do - is nail the law itself to the cross. So then it is "still a sin to take God's name in vain" and each time you do it.. you sin.

God is not killing His Word.. His Law in Col 2

This sentence is not talking about any man made traditions.

Col 2 is not "on sentence" that "avoids every detail that contradicts your preferences" -- as we both know.

=
Col 2

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello David -- I find your logic "illusive" just then. Is there some verse you would not like read?

To help end that rabbit trail early that you are starting -- I have included vs 8.

Col 2:

Vs 8 comes before vs 13.

The "certificate of debt" is "the bill" based on the contract -- it is "the ticket" that is based on the law -- it is your record and debt owed for violation. It is true of BOTH Jews and gentiles.

But what He did not do - is nail the law itself to the cross. So then it is "still a sin to take God's name in vain" and each time you do it.. you sin.

Col 2 is not "on sentence" that "avoids every detail that contradicts your preferences" -- as we both know.

=
Col 2
Hello Bob.

It is not about my logic, it is about what the text really says.

You need to read the entire context including all the verses, not just a verse here and there.

Colossians 1:21-23
And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach, if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard...

This is what Paul is preaching and that is the direct context.

Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith...

Again the correct context, Christ and faith in Him.

The verse you quoted now follows.

Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

Bob, the context is Christ Himself and the faith in Him, not in some philosophical explanation of life. This verse is not talking about being judged.

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us...

Paul repeats over and over again the Gospel of Jesus Christ, this is the real context.

The verse we are discussing is about judging others according to the shadow of the law. This verse has nothing to do with the philosophical arguments in verse eight. I am stunned that you do not see that Paul, is now talking about judging according to the law?

Colossians 2:16-17
Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day. Things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

It is all about Jesus and faith in Him, everything else is a shadow and that includes the Sabbath day. No one can judge you regarding a Sabbath day.

Read the text Bob, verse eight is not the context, the context is the fullness of Christ Himself and the faith in him!

Your previous reply did not state the context.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.
I think you are reading Colossians chapter two upside down,

you started at line 18.

Col 2:

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt

Vs 8 comes before vs 13.

This sentence is not talking about any man made traditions.

=
Col 2

Hello Bob.
It is not about my logic,

If you say so --

I prefer what the text really says.

If we read the entire chapter of Colossians 2 we find this --

Col 2

And this in Colossian 1 about gentiles who as pagans worshiped at what Paul calls the "altar of demons"

Colossians 1:21-23
And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,

Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

Bob, the context is Christ Himself and the faith in Him, not in some philosophical explanation of life. This verse is not talking about being judged.

When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him

The pagan state of the gentiles in the church of the Colossians.

The verse we are discussing is about judging others it is not limited to just Jews or just gentiles.

Matt 7 - "Judge not that ye be not judged" is another good example of true doctrine that is true whether you are Jew or gentile.

Acts 23:6 ""Brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Many thread come up asking about Col 2... and here is the thread dedicated to that topic

as we see here

Paul is stating that it does not matter if you follow the Sabbath or any other festival. Let those who follow do so and let those who do not do so. There is no more law that will be used against those who are in the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
In Acts 15:1, they were wanting to require all Gentiles to become circumcised in order to become saved. However, God's Law does not require all Gentiles to become circumcised and the reason that it requires all Jews to become circumcised was not in order to become saved .

Amen!

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When it comes to what? sabbath keeping? I doubt it.
The law is being promoted here. So let's see. Maybe this is making stuff up -

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Perhaps this one is getting a bit old, so let's back up to chapter 4 -

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Does anyone need the above explained to them? Please note I offered no comments on the above at least yet.
Did some one say that was what Paul tried to do? Please quote it.
Acts 15:1-2 the historic context of some folks 'making stuff up' and saying that one cannot be saved unless they comply with the made-up rules. In Col 2:14-15 Paul points out that salvation is through Christ who paid the debt of sin owed. Then Paul goes after all the various forms of making-stuff-up showing how it is condemned.
That's exactly what some said in Acts 15:1 -

And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

This is Scripture, not something the pro grace people made up for arguing in this forum.

Here's what the Apostles did and said in a letter to the Church -

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Please note there's not a word about keeping the law or circumcision in regard to anything concerning salvation.
Col 2:
Amen! See above quote from Gal 5.
Amen! See above quote from Gal 5.
Col 2

Col 2
We do need to keep body and soul together and therefore eat things that perish. Normally we need to buy them so our money also perishes. Days also perish. Now what about the spiritual aspect Paul's real point? What is being promoted here are carnal commandments. That is action of the fleshly body. We died not only to sin but also the law Rom 6. If we're dead to sin there's no purpose of the law. We wern't raised back to the life we died from. We're born again as a new person. Yes our body still lives. But our dead soul has come to life in Christ Jesus. This is why we no longer sin. Read about our dual nature in Rom 7:6 -8:17.

Mark 7

This is intended as a healthy dose of fear and condemnation to enforce the law (old covenant) on people submitting to the new covenant. Read what happens when you do this in Gal 5 above. Jesus also said in Mat 6:24 -

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

This eliminates one of the covenants. You choose. The old one doesn't grant peace and eternal life.

Yes they are. Pick your brethren carefully.
So why is this activity engaged in here? No one can violate a law or covenant they aren't subject to.

This is exactly what your attempt to do with Mk 7:7-13 above. There's no command in the NT to keep the law or the famous 10.
Aren't you talking about worshiping on Sunday as a commandment of men? I don't know anywhere this is promoted as a requirement by Christians. Maybe by religious people but not Christians. By the same token there's no Scripture requiring the keeping of the 7th day sabbath, so that would also fall into the commandments of men - religious people.
This is a repeat and I ask again why engage in it?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Col 2:

Col 2

Col 2

Mark 7

It completely refutes your speculation on Col 2.

It proves that the topic is the commandments and doctrines of men "-- not the Word of God that is being condemned or deleted rather "the commandments and doctrines of men "

Col 2

Col 2

Col 2:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It proves that the topic is the commandments and doctrines of men "-- not the Word of God that is being condemned or deleted rather "the commandments and doctrines of men "

Col 2

Col 2

Col 2:

speculation?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to read the entire context including all the verses, not just a verse here and there...Your previous reply did not state the context.

Removing the original context is what the New Testament and New Covenant are all about.

Mar 7:10
Deu 5:16

Exd 21:17

Pro 20:20

Mar 9:11
Mal 4:5 *

Mar 9:44
Isa 66:24 *

Mar 10:4
Deu 24:1 *

Mar 10:6
Gen 1:27

Mar 10:7
Gen 2:24

Mar 10:19
Exd 20:12, 13, 14

Mar 11:9
Psa 118:26

Parallel Passages in New Testament Quoted from Old Testament :: Part I - Study Resources

• Prayers
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Col 2:

Col 2

Col 2

Mark 7

Col 2

Col 2

Col 2:

speculation?

As it turns out the incredibly obvious statement made in those texts - is Bible fact, not Bible speculation

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture voted #1 most ignored on this subforum:

Colossians 2:16
16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath

Col 2 is NOT about abolishing eating, drinking or the Sabbath. It is about not being tricked by people "making stuff up".

see this thread

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture voted #1 most ignored on this subforum:

Colossians 2:16
16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath

Col 2 is NOT about abolishing eating, drinking or the Sabbath. It is about not being tricked by people "making stuff up".

see Jun 1, 2018 #1

Amazing how people so hyper-literal about Sabbath can be so the exact opposite about Colossians 2:16.

Because we "read" Col 2 ... not merely 'vs 16'.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Col 2:16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Col 2 is not about deleting the Bible - it is about not "making stuff up". We already saw that - here #1

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Col 2 is not about deleting the Bible - it is about not "making stuff up". We already saw that - here #1

Act 15:24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "You must be circumcised and keep the law"—to whom we gave no such commandment—

Act_20:7 Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.

"making stuff up" would be claiming that Jesus is coming back on October 22, 1844, which is also known as "the great disappointment".

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Act 15:24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "You must be circumcised and keep the law"—to whom we gave no such commandment—

There is no OT command stating the Gentiles must be circumcised and keep the ceremonial law. But it was ALWAYS a sin for gentiles take God's name in vain OT and NT. AND gentiles are singled out by God in Isaiah 56:6-8 for Sabbath keeping ... so then no wonder it is gentiles in Acts 13 asking that MORE Gospel preaching be given to them "The next Sabbath".

Many - "Sabbath after Sabbath" scenarios for Gospel preaching in the NT - Acts 13, Acts 17:1-5, Acts 18:4 etc... not ONE of them in the NT for week-day-1

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.